• Feel that was one of the more livelier debuts at Loftus Road

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
        Liked this when it was brought out
        Now those really were the days.

Comment

Liked this when it was brought out
          that bloke wearing them black qpr tracky bottoms,why oh why oh why,was he homeless,why else would u wear them,god let alone buy them.
          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

• Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post

that bloke wearing them black qpr tracky bottoms,why oh why oh why,was he homeless,why else would u wear them,god let alone buy them.
            You know who that is don't you

Comment

couldnt see past the hideous garb to notice who rockin them
              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Well ?
                Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                  Evelyn Lintott who appears in this picture was the first Rangers player to play for England. He joined Rangers in 1907, making his professional debut in the replay of the 1908 Charity Shield match. He was also one of many players who who gave their lives in the 1WW and his name was read out during the ceremony last Saturday v Brentford. When WW1 was declared in 1914, Lintott was one of the first players to sign up for army service and joined the West Yorkshire Regiment's 15th Battalion, known as the Leeds Pals.[4] He was promoted to lieutenant and became the first professional footballer to hold a commission.[3][4] He was killed in action on 1 July 1916, the first day on the Somme.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evelyn_Lintott

Comment

• Hubble, that last sentence gave me a chilling reminder of something I heard last week. Apparently we lost over 47,000 men on that day alone. Horrific.

On a lighter note, great thread Dave, loving it.

Comment

• Glad you're enjoying it mate, I love old photos, obv anyone is more
                      than welcome to share their pics vids etc.....(non ####) Leigshy...

Comment

• Originally posted by vespa View Post

Well ?
                        No sorry vesp, it was a question/statement to Leighsy. I thought he knew the fella and was taking the P

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post

Evelyn Lintott who appears in this picture was the first Rangers player to play for England. He joined Rangers in 1907, making his professional debut in the replay of the 1908 Charity Shield match. He was also one of many players who who gave their lives in the 1WW and his name was read out during the ceremony last Saturday v Brentford. When WW1 was declared in 1914, Lintott was one of the first players to sign up for army service and joined the West Yorkshire Regiment's 15th Battalion, known as the Leeds Pals.[4] He was promoted to lieutenant and became the first professional footballer to hold a commission.[3][4] He was killed in action on 1 July 1916, the first day on the Somme.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evelyn_Lintott

Jesus 1st day..........I heard of soldiers not even getting to fire a shot in anger before being killed.....Boys, just kids.
                          Imagine some of these namby pamby w**kers today being asked to do the same......I sometimes imagine myself
                          being asked.....Have to say not sure i could live up to these brave MEN even the 18 yo and younger men.

Comment

• FMb61h2.jpg

Comment

• Sir Alf Ramsey watching a game at Loftus Rd.

BZJ3268CIAALnIr.jpg
                              Last edited by Stanley; 18-11-2018, 10:50 PM.

Comment

• Celebration.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X