Paul Clement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    Stan just out of interest, what was you expecting for this season.
    More or less what Tarbie just posted above WeAre. IMO Ollie has hugely under-delivered considering the squad he's had at his disposal - the reasons for which have been given exhaustively on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      I thought we'd do terrible this season personally, mainly because of the manager. But then I saw us play a bit in the early part of the season and I realised we've actually got a few decent footballers in the squad.

My issue is we are losing games week in, week out tactically. We ain't losing cos the other team are better, or cos they've worked harder. We're losing cos we're set up badly and the tactics are awful!
      Tarbs you do make some good points but my mindset certainly differs. I think in today's world there is far too much envasis on managers. I think Jose coming out with boll ocks and the sacking merry-go-round certainly helps explain this. They're nearly on par with Hollywood actors. As an ex player I tend to think that wk in wk out mistakes are being blinded but so called poor managers. It's all hindsight but I'd love to see where this team would sit if you were calling the shots.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Tarbs you do make some good points but my mindset certainly differs. I think in today's world there is far too much envasis on managers. I think Jose coming out with boll ocks and the sacking merry-go-round certainly helps explain this. They're nearly on par with Hollywood actors. As an ex player I tend to think that wk in wk out mistakes are being blinded but so called poor managers. It's all hindsight but I'd love to see where this team would sit if you were calling the shots.
        Personally I'd love to see where we'd be with Neil Warnock or Gary Rowett calling the shots. Where we'd be with me calling the shots is totally academic!

Comment

• We would be organised, competitive and have coherent gameplan as a minimum under those two

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            We would be organised, competitive and have coherent gameplan as a minimum under those two
            Yeah but still not scoring enough goals so not much difference imo

Comment

• Maybe yes maybe no. Do know under current boss his obsession and tactics for Washington, Mackie and Smith don’t bare fruit. Perhaps more astute and intelligent manager might come up with something which works

Comment

• I think main problem is that Ollie plays Bidwell and Wszolek as wing backs and we don't get the ball into the box like we should.

Comment

Yeah but still not scoring enough goals so not much difference imo
                  But when you see us on telly or live, don`t you recognise a distinct lack of widh in our play? I mean how can we play to Matt Smith`s strenght without service from widemen, Weare? I just wonder?
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                    I think main problem is that Ollie plays Bidwell and Wszolek as wing backs and we don't get the ball into the box like we should.
                    Excatly
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                      But when you see us on telly or live, don`t you recognise a distinct lack of widh in our play? I mean how can we play to Matt Smith`s strenght without service from widemen, Weare? I just wonder?
                      I am certainly not saying that he is not making mistakes. The wing back role is a BL oody hard one and we don't have the personnel to play this. It is a major mistake but until we sign a new striker we won't be winning those drawn games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                        I think main problem is that Ollie plays Bidwell and Wszolek as wing backs and we don't get the ball into the box like we should.
                        exactly not making best use of resources available to him. But instead of admit this few people still in denial looking for excuses.

Comment

exactly not making best use of resources available to him. But instead of admit this few people still in denial looking for excuses.
                          Its a very major co ck up but its certainly not that black and white. The owner for me has not provided the funds to make us competitive this season. They've gone from wasting millions to spending nothing. They surely need to find a middle ground. I don't think changing the manager constantly is going to turn our season. Yes its frustrating but Holloway is the right man at the current time

Comment

We would be organised, competitive and have coherent gameplan as a minimum under those two
                            And we have been competative! what bugs me the seasons nowhere near over & aswell as being lower we could end up right up the table,the season hasnt ended since our latest poor run!
                            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Farking resources to him, as far as upfront goes we`ve virtually got sylla and smith who are chipping the odd goal but both dont take the starter positions as theres, so there lies one of ollies main problems straight away, people bitch and moan ollies plan b to smith yet want us to play wingers! yet our strikeforce is weak anyway lol, if and when we get a striker or two in for added competition, then can see things changing for the better, but ollies got players that arent doing the buisness upfront! no matter if we have wingers or not! if we did we could get really mullered in midfield!
                              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Its a very major co ck up but its certainly not that black and white. The owner for me has not provided the funds to make us competitive this season. They've gone from wasting millions to spending nothing. They surely need to find a middle ground. I don't think changing the manager constantly is going to turn our season. Yes its frustrating but Holloway is the right man at the current time
                                Yeah, the board have curbed spending, but you have to make the most of what you've got. We certainly ain't doing that at the moment.

Have you seen Sheff Utds squad by the way? Nothing special about that squad on paper at all. But look where they've got with sensible tactics and an intelligent manager.

Yeah, guys like you, Pinkie and Lee Bircham may keep highlighting a lack of funds and a poor squad, but it's not how I see it. We have easily a mid-table squad, if not higher. We just need someone in charge who has the grey matter to utilise them properly.

Comment

Working...
                                X