For those that still support Holloway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    We don't score because we don't play to our strengths mate. Freeman and Luongo don't chip in with as many as you'd hope for given they are both reasonably offensively minded midfielders, but neither of them have ever been prolific at any point in their careers. We rarely play with wingers so there will be no goals coming from there either. It basically means that all the responsibility for goals is on the shoulders of our front men. Yesterday at kick off that was Oteh, a kid with 1 goal to his name and Conor Washington who has scored 12 goals in 78 games for us. Where does the manager expect the goals to come from?

He's trying to shift Sylla on who is the one player we have who could be prolific. Of course Sylla hasn't looked good in the last few months, but he looked a decent player til Ollie got his hands on him. Then there is Pawel who was a constant goal threat when we first signed him. So what does our manager do? He turns him into a defender, that's what.

Sorry mate, but there is only 1 person to blame for our lack of goals. If we selected our best attacking players in a sensible formation we'd have plenty of goals in us!
    Does my head in when people can't see it.

TF's fault for not coughing up. Players fault for not being bothered. Fans fault for leaving early. And the poor old kit man's going to get it in the neck tomorrow, thanks to Bill.

Hard to believe this level of complete incompetence can be tolerated.

Comment

We don't score because we don't play to our strengths mate. Freeman and Luongo don't chip in with as many as you'd hope for given they are both reasonably offensively minded midfielders, but neither of them have ever been prolific at any point in their careers. We rarely play with wingers so there will be no goals coming from there either. It basically means that all the responsibility for goals is on the shoulders of our front men. Yesterday at kick off that was Oteh, a kid with 1 goal to his name and Conor Washington who has scored 12 goals in 78 games for us. Where does the manager expect the goals to come from?

He's trying to shift Sylla on who is the one player we have who could be prolific. Of course Sylla hasn't looked good in the last few months, but he looked a decent player til Ollie got his hands on him. Then there is Pawel who was a constant goal threat when we first signed him. So what does our manager do? He turns him into a defender, that's what.

Sorry mate, but there is only 1 person to blame for our lack of goals. If we selected our best attacking players in a sensible formation we'd have plenty of goals in us!
      Tarbie this doesnt have to be repeated after every game or every loss, me personally id play with wingers as said before as football should be with wingers and two strikers, id have shodipo & pav on there, but when ollies picked players non are grabbing the spots, that samual looks poor on a wing, cant beat his man or anything and has poor control, but our strengths hate to say are just smith & getting it to him, as every other fookers disappearing in games
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

At the minute sylla is injured and paul smythe injured tarbs

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
          Tarbie this doesnt have to be repeated after every game or every loss, me personally id play with wingers as said before as football should be with wingers and two strikers, id have shodipo & pav on there, but when ollies picked players non are grabbing the spots, that samual looks poor on a wing, cant beat his man or anything and has poor control, but our strengths hate to say are just smith & getting it to him, as every other fookers disappearing in games
          I refuse to believe that our best hope is to hoof it to Smith mate.

As for repeating the same things after every game. I'll stop doing that just as soon as Ollie stops making the same mistakes week after week after week. Do you think it makes me happy whinging all the time? You think I get some perverse pleasure out of pointing out everything that is wrong constantly. I can assure you that I don't. I'd be much happier saying nicer things about the club and our performances.

The problem is the tactical deficiencies are glaringly obvious. Yesterday took the biscuit for me. Ollie literally did the polar opposite of what common sense tells you to do against 10 men. You don't even need the manager to be a tactical genius to work it out, he just needs not to not be a complete moron. But that is unfortunately what we have, an empty headed moron. If Tony has anything about him then this should be the final straw. FFP, reduced budgets etc. is hard enough to handle without a manager that is going to sabotage your chances of winning a game most weeks!
          Last edited by Tarbie; 28-01-2018, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Cucked & Gelded 2-0 by 10 man Bristol city. Enfeebled and impotent. QPR are the John Bercow of Association Football.

I Cant watch Holloway anymore on the touchline or in post match interviews he looks like an Ebullient Raspberry Ripple & Lovelorn Dingle Peninsula Village Idiot. begat.
            Changeable. Alterable. Mutable. Variable. Versatile. Moldable. Movable. Fluctuate. Undulate. Flicker. Flutter. Pulsate. Vibrate. Alternate. Plastic. Prog. House.

https://twitter.com/DiscoDroid

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
              Does my head in when people can't see it.

TF's fault for not coughing up. Players fault for not being bothered. Fans fault for leaving early. And the poor old kit man's going to get it in the neck tomorrow, thanks to Bill.

Hard to believe this level of complete incompetence can be tolerated.
              No he won't he can play wingback top man is Gary real diamond

Comment

Not sure about the rest of you, but this thread now has me craving a raspberry ripple
                Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                Work Best When Open...
                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

I refuse to believe that our best hope is to hoof it to Smith mate.

As for repeating the same things after every game. I'll stop doing that just as soon as Ollie stops making the same mistakes week after week after week. Do you think it makes me happy whinging all the time? You think I get some perverse pleasure out of pointing out everything that is wrong constantly. I can assure you that I don't. I'd be much happier saying nicer things about the club and our performances.

The problem is the tactical deficiencies are glaringly obvious. Yesterday took the biscuit for me. Ollie literally did the polar opposite of what common sense tells you to do against 10 men. You don't even need the manager to be a tactical genius to work it out, he just needs not to not be a complete moron. But that is unfortunately what we have, an empty headed moron. If Tony has anything about him then this should be the final straw. FFP, reduced budgets etc. is hard enough to handle without a manager that is going to sabotage your chances of winning a game most weeks!
                  Tarbs you ought to go in for the job mate! you know more than ollie, am i taking it you was abit of a player when you was younger?

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                    Not sure about the rest of you, but this thread now has me craving a raspberry ripple
                    I love raspberry ripples

Comment

For all the talk of FFP, the great DOF debate and the rate him or dump him opinions on Holloway, I can't help thinking back to when Warnock took over. No, Not another bring back Colin thread, he's history, but he came in when we were in a similar situation to now. He made a couple of shrewd signings in Derry and Hill and he got the players playing to their true potential - the ONLY man EVER to get a performance out of Adel - and we walked it the following season. A proper manager. We need another one. Is it Clement? Is it Warburton? Monk maybe? Not sure but, after the lack of any idea against ten men, it has to happen.

Comment

When I look at other clubs in our league and see the loans in they have got I think what the hell are we doing.
                        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                          When I look at other clubs in our league and see the loans in they have got I think what the hell are we doing.
                          Why would anyone loan a player to Holloway?

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                            Tarbs you ought to go in for the job mate! you know more than ollie, am i taking it you was abit of a player when you was younger?
                            But it ain't just me though Pinks. Have a chat with Alan and Westy who go to every game home and away. Anyone who watches every minute and understands the game can see the tactics are awful. Ollie gets so much basic stuff wrong week in, week out.

As for me and football, I was alright as a kid but was never particularly suited to it athletically. I'm not the tallest and I'm slow. Switched my focus to rugby in my early teens, was always better with the oval ball and there wasn't time for both. Played a bit as an adult but the highest level I played was Worthing Premier League, and to be honest, I wasn't even good enough for that level. Bit of a Jamie Mackie type mate, zero quality but I'll put it about a bit and run around til I'm blowing out of my ar$e.

These days I don't even play 5 aside. Switched my attention to long distance running in my old age!

Did you play then mate?

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                              For all the talk of FFP, the great DOF debate and the rate him or dump him opinions on Holloway, I can't help thinking back to when Warnock took over. No, Not another bring back Colin thread, he's history, but he came in when we were in a similar situation to now. He made a couple of shrewd signings in Derry and Hill and he got the players playing to their true potential - the ONLY man EVER to get a performance out of Adel - and we walked it the following season. A proper manager. We need another one. Is it Clement? Is it Warburton? Monk maybe? Not sure but, after the lack of any idea against ten men, it has to happen.
                              If we lose against barnsley everyone maybe get there wish, i think any manager will struggle with us atm with no money to spend, and i should imagine theyd resort to jimmy floydd tactics parking the bus

Comment

But it ain't just me though Pinks. Have a chat with Alan and Westy who go to every game home and away. Anyone who watches every minute and understands the game can see the tactics are awful. Ollie gets so much basic stuff wrong week in, week out.

As for me and football, I was alright as a kid but was never particularly suited to it athletically. I'm not the tallest and I'm slow. Switched my focus to rugby in my early teens, was always better with the oval ball and there wasn't time for both. Played a bit as an adult but the highest level I played was Worthing Premier League, and to be honest, I wasn't even good enough for that level. Bit of a Jamie Mackie type mate, zero quality but I'll put it about a bit and run around til I'm blowing out of my ar$e.

These days I don't even play 5 aside. Switched my attention to long distance running in my old age!

Did you play then mate?
                                Chest beater. Badge kisser

Comment

Working...
                                X