For those that still support Holloway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    To be honest, I thought we were poor against Burton too. They were absolutely dreadful and it took us til the final 20 minutes to stamp our authority on that game. A decent side would have taken them to pieces.

We're on a horrible run and have got some very important games coming up. Tony needs to man up and sack this clown. Garry Monk, Paul Clement and Mark Warburton are all out of job. He needs to get on the blower to all 3 and get them interviewed pronto.
    Totally agree that Holloway’s got to go. I’d be looking at Simon Grayson too but wouldn’t trust tony to pick his nose let alone a decent manager. I’d take any of the names suggested though

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
      Tarbie we havnt been like yesterday in every game though have we mate! not making excuses up about yesterday as it wasnt good enough tarbs and needs to change, and could spell trouble for the manager if it doesnt, thats all im saying, but the players were very poor yesterday and has been said the qualities missing, especially upfront.
      Pinkie, granted some of our players don't appear to have many brain cells but yesterday we made it easy for them with ten by keeping the playing area tight. On one occasion you could have thrown a blanket over everyone waiting for a City goal kick to be taken and Washington actually left the space he was in to join the gathering. This is when a manager should be telling them, Washington in this instance, to spread out and give the ten a problem. He subbed Oteh, again, when he was the only guy to have anything like a shot on target but left Washington - who may as well have been sitting next to me - to carry on wandering about aimlessly. No width on the bench so no chance of a real plan B, just the usual hump it to Smith option, an option which is getting less effective by the week.

Comment

Those who are still supporting Olli as a manager can only hope that the Club will buy him two quality wingbacks(and maybe a center forward. I`m not sure they will, but I feel such a move is his last chance to keep his job. He is obviously not going to change formation, so which options are left really? IMO, he is his own worst enemy and this comes from a supporter who really still likes him as a person and at one stage as a manager also...
        Last edited by Shania; 28-01-2018, 02:43 PM.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
          Pinkie, granted some of our players don't appear to have many brain cells but yesterday we made it easy for them with ten by keeping the playing area tight. On one occasion you could have thrown a blanket over everyone waiting for a City goal kick to be taken and Washington actually left the space he was in to join the gathering. This is when a manager should be telling them, Washington in this instance, to spread out and give the ten a problem. He subbed Oteh, again, when he was the only guy to have anything like a shot on target but left Washington - who may as well have been sitting next to me - to carry on wandering about aimlessly. No width on the bench so no chance of a real plan B, just the usual hump it to Smith option, an option which is getting less effective by the week.
          Madness ain't it? Total inability to grasp the very fundamentals of the game. It's criminal. Its so obvious, they had 10 men and they have a nice big pitch. Stretch them, and overwork them. Should be able to run rings around them with an extra man. Instead we played with zero width and hoofed it to Smith for the whole of the second half.

Now if me and you can see it Alan, imagine what the players must have been thinking? If he hadn't lost the dressing room already, I bet he has now!

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
            Those who are still supporting and liking Olli as a manager can only hope that the Club will buy him two quality wingbacks. I`m not sure they will, but I feel this is his last chance to keep his job. He is obviously not going to change formation so which options are left really? IMO, he is his own worst enemy and this comes from a supporter who really still likes him as a person and at one stage as a manager also...
            Didnt even play with wing backs for the 2nd half yesterday Shania. For the second game running Ollie subbed a defender at half time and played 4-4-2. Problem we have now is he seems to have reverted to long ball football. Ollie's go to plan when we're losing is to bring Smith on and play it long to his head. Problem is opposition managers expect it now, and just mark Smith out of the game. For whatever reason, refs don't seem to give him anything either so teams get away with man handling him.

Given the amount of decent wingers we have in the squad we really should have a better plan off the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
              I agree al, the game was crying out for width aswell, & at the point before the goal we was passing it about and with width but didnt like the way we faded away when they scored the second, yet we still had plenty of time left, the obvious thing is though we majorly lack any scorers in the side be it upfront, midfield or wherever, id of had bidwell off straight away & conor aswell as they went to 10 and got wingers on to stretch them, theyd tire if we passed it round them, but we faded
              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Didnt even play with wing backs for the 2nd half yesterday Shania. For the second game running Ollie subbed a defender at half time and played 4-4-2. Problem we have now is he seems to have reverted to long ball football. Ollie's go to plan when we're losing is to bring Smith on and play it long to his head. Problem is opposition managers expect it now, and just mark Smith out of the game. For whatever reason, refs don't seem to give him anything either so teams get away with man handling him.

Given the amount of decent wingers we have in the squad we really should have a better plan off the bench.
                Our other problem tarbs is smith seems to be our only threat to teams, so its going to end up going up to him, thats how poor we are upfront.
                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

I agree al, the game was crying out for width aswell, & at the point before the goal we was passing it about and with width but didnt like the way we faded away when they scored the second, yet we still had plenty of time left, the obvious thing is though we majorly lack any scorers in the side be it upfront, midfield or wherever, id of had bidwell off straight away & conor aswell as they went to 10 and got wingers on to stretch them, theyd tire if we passed it round them, but we faded
                  our problems run so much deeper than a goal scorer ffs

why do you refuse to see this small fact man.

at what point will it take for you to say ollie out?

at what farking point?
                  nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                    our problems run so much deeper than a goal scorer ffs

why do you refuse to see this small fact man.

at what point will it take for you to say ollie out?

at what farking point?
                    #midseasonhillofhell ? Could be the answer to all our problems?

Comment

We are a shapeless bunch who have no direction or leadership at all from the sidelines. But that also applies to the manager as well as clearly there is no direction at all within the club.

Comment

We don't score because we don't play to our strengths mate. Freeman and Luongo don't chip in with as many as you'd hope for given they are both reasonably offensively minded midfielders, but neither of them have ever been prolific at any point in their careers. We rarely play with wingers so there will be no goals coming from there either. It basically means that all the responsibility for goals is on the shoulders of our front men. Yesterday at kick off that was Oteh, a kid with 1 goal to his name and Conor Washington who has scored 12 goals in 78 games for us. Where does the manager expect the goals to come from?

He's trying to shift Sylla on who is the one player we have who could be prolific. Of course Sylla hasn't looked good in the last few months, but he looked a decent player til Ollie got his hands on him. Then there is Pawel who was a constant goal threat when we first signed him. So what does our manager do? He turns him into a defender, that's what.

Sorry mate, but there is only 1 person to blame for our lack of goals. If we selected our best attacking players in a sensible formation we'd have plenty of goals in us!

Comment

WHen are they the directors, going to just sack this clown and do the right thing also the people above him who just as culpable i.e. the so called DOF & Hoos,this club is going nowhere fast, no other manager other than Clough has survived with such a bad record, , or maybe we’re just a little bit bigger than Burton, especially when it come to finance and ambition

Comment

It probably me but the look on some players faces seems to say wtf am I doing here
                            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                              WHen are they the directors, going to just sack this clown and do the right thing also the people above him who just as culpable i.e. the so called DOF & Hoos,this club is going nowhere fast, no other manager other than Clough has survived with such a bad record, , or maybe we’re just a little bit bigger than Burton, especially when it come to finance and ambition
                              probably when they can be bothered to attend a match and see for themselves.
                              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Ok. Thanks for the update.
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X