Brian Bedford
      Legend.

Comment

• John Collins

Comment

• Yun Suk Yun

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
            Ian Watson. I found out yesterday that he was transfered away from QPR just a few months before the 74/75 season. He was a CB. Anyone on here who remember him playing?
            He was a local and my Grandad knew him quite well back in the day. I remember watching him from late 60's to early 70's and yes he finished the season before but it wasn't a transfer. He suffered a bad leg break and had to retire.
            #standuptocancer
            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• nicky johns.

remember him saving a penalty with his face
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Ugo Ukah

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                  The diminutive but deadly, John Spencer.
                  That's twice he's been mentioned already Stan. I can't be bothered to keep reading through all the names following your post, but surely no one has forgotten John Spencer?? As someone else pointed out, half the names mentioned in this thread can hardly have been forgotten. Others surely have been. Two of my favourite known unknowns have already been mentioned, I like them purely for their names - Armel Tchakounte and Arthur Gnohere (who ironically had a shaved head).

Aside from the other obvious names I can't believe anyone's forgotten - Mark Hately or Devon White for example - many of the less well known players mentioned I have strong memories of - Stuart Wardley, the furniture removal man from Saffron Walden, haring across the pitch like a disjointed stick insect and somehow managing to score - and of course Tony Scully, who as mentioned, scored in that unforgettable (and fixed, many have said) 6-0 demolition of Palarse on the last day of the season.

I don't know if anyone mentioned Sammy Koejoe yet, but again, a known unknown who my mate Coley described as running like he was pulling a caravan. A couple of other names from the Stuart Wardley era who I have only the vaguest memory of are defenders Tim Breacker and Mark Perry and striker Ross Weare. Other players from that squad who are semi-legendary for how crap they were surely include George Kulscar and Jermaine Darlington, but I doubt they've been forgotten..

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                    That's twice he's been mentioned already Stan. I can't be bothered to keep reading through all the names following your post, but surely no one has forgotten John Spencer??
                    Sorry mate, it's such a long thread now (thanks to Bill ) I must have missed it. I had to rack the memory bank to remember his name, it was that long ago though.

Comment

• Phil Nutt

Comment

• Simon Osborne, as I recall we spent over a million on him in 1995, played about a dozen times then got injured and never played for us again.

Comment

• Bobby Keetch

Comment

• Ossie Ardiles

Comment

• terrell forbes , player of the season to wrong 'un in a year

Comment

• Spencer was decent. Scottish, ex scum, banged in a few he had one good season with us as I recall

Comment

Working...
                                X