Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you take a tonking Sat if it meant Ollie out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's alright to say you love the club but do you actually go to games. I love the club but know the team should be doing better. Holloway has no tactical sense and is stubborn in selecting out of form players. His motivational skills seem to have deserted him because whatever he says to them at half time
    takes them at least 15mins to recover.His plan B is hoofball to Smith who cannot direct headers. Surely we are better than that? People don't have to disappear that much because we are not actually winning much and when we do win we win poor.

Comment

• Do I actually go to games? Sure, 8000 mile round trip every weekend.
      When I first moved over here and changed my location under my user name, that was the lame old response that got thrown around. Your views are not valid as you don't go to games. I thought we had evolved from that, but I guess there will always be one or two that will revert back to that ole doozy.
      We did have a few good ex pats living here and in The States and a couple of natives who used to post on here, but most of them got fed up with their views being null and void due to their location.
      For the record, when I lived in London, I travelled home and away. Since moving over here, I have constantly arranged time off from work to coincide with our games.
      The one time I came back to The UK, to say goodbye to my dad, I coincided the flights so that I could bring my son to his 1st game at LR.
      Members like Gator, spent a small fortune along with another Canadian R to go over for The P.O. Final. Although Gator has never met me, he sent me a match day program and a t shirt from the game as he understands how frustrating it is to follow our team from afar.
      So comments like yours are truly lame and show a level of immaturity that I didn't think you capable of.
      Last edited by Fraggy; 22-12-2017, 02:16 AM.
      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
      Work Best When Open...
      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
        Stan, I'm not digging out those fans that debate sensibly, I am more than happy to read their posts.
        It's the ones who constantly bash when we are losing and disappear when we win that I have issue with.
        It also grinds me a bit when players/managers are given derogatory names. But I believe my issue is down to how I was dragged up.
        No issues Fraggy. All of us are a product of our environment I guess...

Comment

Do I actually go to games? Sure, 8000 mile round trip every weekend.
          When I first moved over here and changed my location under my user name, that was the lame old response that got thrown around. Your views are not valid as you don't go to games. I thought we had evolved from that, but I guess there will always be one or two that will revert back to that ole doozy.
          We did have a few good ex pats living here and in The States and a couple of natives who used to post on here, but most of them got fed up with their views being null and void due to their location.
          For the record, when I lived in London, I travelled home and away. Since moving over here, I have constantly arranged time off from work to coincide with our games.
          The one time I came back to The UK, to say goodbye to my dad, I coincided the flights so that I could bring my son to his 1st game at LR.
          Members like Gator, spent a small fortune along with another Canadian R to go over for The P.O. Final. Although Gator has never met me, he sent me a match day program and a t shirt from the game as he understands how frustrating it is to follow our team from afar.
          So comments like yours are truly lame and show a level of immaturity that I didn't think you capable of.
          Good post. I think I sometimes use unkind names, though. If you didn't laugh sometimes, you'd cry.

Comment

• There are some on here who actually think your location is your nationality and dig you out for it in an irrational racist self revealing poison laden diatribe.

Comment

Very good post Fraggy and thanks for sharing that with others!
              @gatorTFC

Comment

• It's a strange place to be in, wanting your team to lose, but sometimes you need to look at the bigger picture I guess. I would've probably accepted a defeat at Brum as it would've meant the end of Ollie. I had little faith in him (long term) when he was appointed, but I've completely lost any in the man I did have.

He'll always be a club legend for his time here as a player and first stint as manager, but to me he seems a shell of his former managerial self.

Comment

• Would love to see a tactical genius try and get our bang average players to play the way everyone thinks we can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                    Would love to see a tactical genius try and get our bang average players to play the way everyone thinks we can.
                    I have seen us play well. Good players they are.

Comment

Thing is, that everyone is entitled to their opinion and these message boards are for all of us, near and far, to communicate with each other. It doesn’t matter if you don’t go week in week out you are still entitled to your opinion and whether I or others agree with it or not equally doesn’t matter, as that is the point of these forums. You carry on making your points as I read them and always enjoy them whether I agree or not. My opinion is that I don’t mind tomorrow if we lost as long as We then replaced Olly as I honestly think he was the wrong appointment. I will be happy if we win, I don’t want us to lose but if we do then I hope TF acts and we can move forward with a better manager in place going forward, Clement is the man I have wanted since Chris Ramsey we appointed but I don’t make the choice, sadly ��.

Comment

• I can't ever want us to lose, some losses are worse than others though! The problem with hoping we lose is it is far from certain that Ollie will be replaced no matter what and although I like Clement it is far from certain he would even be interested in the job if it was to become open!
                        @gatorTFC

Comment

• Tbf fraggy it prob easier and cheaper for you to get to games than us mob out in the wilds of Essex Suffolk etc. If the rail fares don't get you the constant replacement bus service will lol
                          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

I too love Holloway's personality & charisma; he is a very likeable guy, just never rated him as a manager. But he is here now, & I intend to do what I have always done & get behind him and the team regardless of results.
                            Bang on fraggy, exactly how it should be unless everything has turned sour, but im the same if you get someone slating youre club you dont put up with it, its the oldskool way
                            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by vespa View Post
                              Think your speaking for quite a few ,Fraggy . i dont tend to post after a loss because the club bashing gets me down ( when i say club bashing ,i just mean the negativity ,understandable or not , to my club )
                              Exactly the same vesps, almost if not worse than us losing, to see our own bashing us even more, noticed vans not been on here for a fair while & wonder if same things happening with him!
                              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                                Good post. I think I sometimes use unkind names, though. If you didn't laugh sometimes, you'd cry.
                                Totally agree; after many years of following Rangers, I find if you don't laugh at times, you end up on Prozac

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                                There are some on here who actually think your location is your nationality and dig you out for it in an irrational racist self revealing poison laden diatribe.
                                Should a fans nationality matter? But agree that there are some that believe your views are moot if you don't live in W12.

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                                I have seen us play well. Good players they are.
                                Agree, seen some glimpses of special at times, but have also seen a fair few train wrecks.

Originally posted by gator View Post
                                I can't ever want us to lose, some losses are worse than others though! The problem with hoping we lose is it is far from certain that Ollie will be replaced no matter what and although I like Clement it is far from certain he would even be interested in the job if it was to become open!
                                Exactly, where have we read that it is a given, that if we lose Ollie will be gone & Clements will be kicking down our door?

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                                Tbf fraggy it prob easier and cheaper for you to get to games than us mob out in the wilds of Essex Suffolk etc. If the rail fares don't get you the constant replacement bus service will lol
                                I know your area very well, when working on the rave scene back in the early 90s, spent a fair few weekends out that way. I still think it is a tad more expensive to get to The Bush from here than it is from there though

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                                Exactly the same vesps, almost if not worse than us losing, to see our own bashing us even more, noticed vans not been on here for a fair while & wonder if same things happening with him!
                                I thought the days of in house fighting had stopped. Can still remember a junior U18 F.A. cup game in early 80s at LR versus Man U, when fans around me started fighting amongst themselves; unbelievable.
                                Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                                Work Best When Open...
                                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Working...
                                X