No announcement yet.

Uncle tweets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree with Ricky and to #### up the golden ticket once was bad but to it a 2nd time was #### poor to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      I would happily go up not spend a penny bank the money and come straight back down with promotion squad in tact ready to go again
      Excuse me Westy but this isn't a site for common sense up and down and up and down banking millions on the way and who says we can't rebuild on the way , ultra Bo//ocks to say going up is the wrong way to go as long as they spend madly to do it
      Last edited by dogsrrs; 28-08-2017, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
        Hold on...what has he said? Is anyone actually reading his tweet? "No point going up and coming down again" - That's not defeatist! It just means he wants to be prepared to stay up long term.
        Yes it is Brian ! West Bromwich have and now have stayed there for what 5 years
        Last edited by dogsrrs; 27-08-2017, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Let's see them tear this to pieces , I have given up on this club achieving any major success for a long period of time if at all ! To me success is if we can maintain the quality of football I am enjoying at the moment , we are a small club as has been mentioned , but no one one can tell me to take the millions the prem would pay for one season and run with the dosh isn't the right thing to do , this talk of building a club in the championship to stay in the prem is for the Coocoo's there is absolutely no guarantee that can happen you have to grab every opertunity when it arrives , Warnock has set his stall out to gain promotion for not a lot of money and he will worry about staying there if he gets there his side now has no chance of that but does anybody think the Cardif chairman is worried
          Last edited by dogsrrs; 28-08-2017, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Can understand why Tony feels peeved at times re stick he/management get from fans, but the worst thing he can do is attack the fans. Hopefully he's just getting bad advice. As for management's philosophy, they clearly want to steady a ship that had been taking on water for years. Little harm, and much upside, in that. But this much we can say: the team is starting to play better than at any point in the past few years with a manageable payroll, fewer prima donnas, and an emergent attitude that we will play all out till the final whistle. Yes, we still need to add a few vital parts (RB, CB, striker) but I've gotta say the Cardiff game despite the loss was encouraging. They are very likely playoff bound, have quality players, and a quality coach. Think we are moving in the same direction, and for that management (and Tony) must be given credit.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
              Yes it is Brian ! West Bromwich have and now have stayed there for what 5 years
              People will read it the way they want. I don't see him saying anything about not wanting to go up. Not directed at you specifically but if people don't like him then they will assume the worst. People on Twitter can't wait to have a go at him but I'm sure he can handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                People will read it the way they want. I don't see him saying anything about not wanting to go up. Not directed at you specifically but if people don't like him then they will assume the worst. People on Twitter can't wait to have a go at him but I'm sure he can handle it.
                Well Brian he did say no point going up to just come down , I don't think Ive have seen a post on this thread other than where posters have just disagreed him on that point , QPR above you says hopefully he's just getting bad advice , he does seem a glutton for that ! OK so he's gullible doest make any less a person

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                  Blimey Rebel...thats twice in one weekend
                  The mods won't be happy

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                    The mods won't be happy
                    We need a slug it out thread just to balance everything
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Mods are happy with good honest debate, extremes from both sides is what winds us up.
                      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                        Mods are happy with good honest debate, extremes from both sides is what winds us up.
                        There hasn't been a fight on here for ages. Are we just getting old? Or worn down with the Rs?

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                          There hasn't been a fight on here for ages. Are we just getting old? Or worn down with the Rs?
                          We're Sh.it mate. Think majority of us are tired of arguing with eachother over it . Same things every season.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Rickson View Post
                            We're Sh.it mate. Think majority of us are tired of arguing with eachother over it . Same things every season.
                            Mediocre squad, no ambition (officially confirmed by Uncle), questionable management team.

Once Uncle had decided that a 180 degree turn was the only response to having his trousers pulled down, the die was cast. We lurched from one extreme to another.

The list of gaffers who either passed on us or we failed to secure since Harry's leg makes for sobering reading. Where we went wrong was hanging onto Harry and then not replacing him with a manager, at which point we were still in the prem and with a chance of survival. That was the critical moment in Uncle's era.

Comment

Not replacing Redknapp with a proven manager has a massive effect on our club and not in a positive way. And that decision was on the advice of someone still at the club. He has not learnt a thing from day 1 of his reign in 2011.

Comment

We are a delicate bunch aren't we 😂

Read it for what it is, not what you want it to be to moan about.

Bottom line is we are spending less, making more and playing better with players who give 100% every game, win lose or draw. We are doing business the right way and the clubs debt is reducing month by month. We have a younger squad and for once have players who have value, a few years back no one wanted to buy any of our players due to their age and salaries.

Tony wants to go up but doesn't want to put pressure on a young squad and the manager, he wants to do it the right way and is definitely going about things the right way.

Comment

Working...
                                X