No announcement yet.

If you're going to sack a manager...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pray every night before i go to sleep that unc walks away.
    Think it will make us much worse off, but im all for letting the fans get what they really want. (Serious)

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      I pray every night before i go to sleep that unc walks away.
      Think it will make us much worse off, but im all for letting the fans get what they really want. (Serious)
      Thing is he can't just walk away.

Any Directors loans would never be repaid in any way shape or form unless the current Directors play their part in finding a suitable replacement before they walked. Their only other option would be to leave, liquidate the club and deal with the few pennies in the pound they'd get from whatever assets the administrators could liquidate. You'd have to be an utter wally and a horrible b@stard to go down that route.

Chances are, if Tony was to decide to leave, he'd take a massive hit financially and sell to the best bidder on amicable terms.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        Thing is he can't just walk away.

Any Directors loans would never be repaid in any way shape or form unless the current Directors play their part in finding a suitable replacement before they walked. Their only other option would be to leave, liquidate the club and deal with the few pennies in the pound they'd get from whatever assets the administrators could liquidate. You'd have to be an utter wally and a horrible b@stard to go down that route.

Chances are, if Tony was to decide to leave, he'd take a massive hit financially and sell to the best bidder on amicable terms.
        Praying!!!!!

Comment

I remain behind TF you only have to look around at other clubs and the positions they have been left in. My only concern is that he does seemed to be cast as very unlucky in the football side, as you would have expected one of the managerial appointments to have been a major success, apart from Zamora's game.

Comment

We we have an owner who has a few quid, doesn't know what they are doing but doesn't mind losing his money. I'd prefer that to:
            1) owner who has limited money and just wants club to break even - numerous clubs
            2) owner who has money, doesn't want to lose any and strips all the money out of the club (Blackpool)
            3) faceless owner, who just strips club of assets and takes no interest (coventry)

2 + 3 could destroy us.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
              Yes. According to the CEO his remit is to make the club self-sustainable and can no longer be reliant on cash-injections from the owners, especially with parachute payments ending soon, and with them writing off the previous substantial debt by turning it into equity. Further, Hoos is saying the club has to stand on it's own feet moving forward by surviving on self-generated revenue, hence why the new stadium is still high on the agenda with the Linford Christie site now being a far more realistic prospect than OOC, which has virtually been discarded as a viability.

Yes, absolutely! :-)
              Whilst I appreciate where we are these days, this doesn't half make bleak reading for fans having to go watch an average side every Saturday now, seemingly.

Could it get much blander than hearing from the CEO that we're basically going to be treading water in the Champ/League 1 for the next 10 years with no investment.
              Last edited by West London is Rss; 11-05-2017, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                Whilst I appreciate where we are these days, this doesn't half make bleak reading for fans having to go watch an average side every Saturday now, seemingly.
                All this talk of a new stadium being integral to us being self sustainable is nonsense anyway. When was the last time we filled Loftus Road?

The fact is, the match day experience is so poor that our attendances are destined to be poor. Unless of course we can do something to improve the football! Doesn't matter if we're sat in Loftus road or a brand new 35,000 all seater. If the football is sh*te and the atmosphere is terrible, how are our attendances ever going to pick up?

Comment

Hasnt talks of a new stadium totally stopped now ?

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                    All this talk of a new stadium being integral to us being self sustainable is nonsense anyway. When was the last time we filled Loftus Road?

The fact is, the match day experience is so poor that our attendances are destined to be poor. Unless of course we can do something to improve the football! Doesn't matter if we're sat in Loftus road or a brand new 35,000 all seater. If the football is sh*te and the atmosphere is terrible, how are our attendances ever going to pick up?
                    Football has to be better but anyhow a new stadium is a must.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                      Hughes - Got a full pre-season
                      Redknapp - Got a full pre-season
                      Ramsey - Got a full pre-season
                      JFH - Got a full pre-season
                      Holloway - Got a full pre-season
                      That wasn't the point my friend
                      Under Les Ferdinand:
                      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                        We we have an owner who has a few quid, doesn't know what they are doing but doesn't mind losing his money. I'd prefer that to:
                        1) owner who has limited money and just wants club to break even - numerous clubs
                        2) owner who has money, doesn't want to lose any and strips all the money out of the club (Blackpool)
                        3) faceless owner, who just strips club of assets and takes no interest (coventry)

2 + 3 could destroy us.
                        This, it could be a hell of a lot worse and theres still the likes of leyton orient, charlton, blackburn and celino at leeds who are all terrible owners.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                          This, it could be a hell of a lot worse and theres still the likes of leyton orient, charlton, blackburn and celino at leeds who are all terrible owners.
                          Tony is a good person.

He's a reasonable businessman.

However combining business and sport is difficult. He's picked two of the hardest things to make money out of, F1 and football. Sure the rewards are great if you succeed but the risks are so high.

I'm glad he's the owner, but i'm more comfortable with someone below him that has absolute control. I see that person as Hoos, who talks sound business sense integrated with 'sports', in the sense he doesn't see QPR as a football club but as a sports club, a business that has criteria.

I would be much happier if he was the direct link between the manager and Tony. I think the extra layer of DOF is irrelevant at a club our size. There are probably 10 clubs in the world that need such a role and most of them would be in the Champions League.

A benefit i see is if he in charge of purchasing and the manager/coach is in charge of coaching them. It does give a continuity of playing staff, so we don't need wholesale changes. It in theory should allow the manager to focus on coaching, in that sense it works at say, Real Madrid or Barcelona. But, that's a theory that hasn't worked for QPR, so like communism works in theory, in practice it simply isn't for us.

What we need is not a change of ownership, Tony may not be ideal, and he maybe just biding time for OCC, but I for one would take Tony all day long over the Vencky's. We just need to understand that the current structure at the club may well be the reason everything maybe so difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                            Hasnt talks of a new stadium totally stopped now ?
                            Not at all. It's very much ongoing. More so on the LC side. Further details to follow early next week with the publication of the minutes from the latest meeting with the Supporters Consultation Committee at LR.

Comment

All I want TF to do is shut up, get off social media, take a backseat, invest, and let someone run the club who has experience about running a football club.

I wouldn't let Hoos run the club because he doesn't have a clue about the game, he just has a clue about finance in the game.

I wouldn't let Les run it either - he's is far too inexperienced.

A big re-structure is needed, I fee llike we're now trying to over complicate things - what even is a 'director of football', as Arsene Wenger eluded to the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                                All I want TF to do is shut up, get off social media, take a backseat, invest, and let someone run the club who has experience about running a football club.

I wouldn't let Hoos run the club because he doesn't have a clue about the game, he just has a clue about finance in the game.

I wouldn't let Les run it either - he's is far too inexperienced.

A big re-structure is needed, I fee llike we're now trying to over complicate things - what even is a 'director of football', as Arsene Wenger eluded to the other day.
                                That's all we need him to do.

Too many layers and jobs for the boys at the club.

do we only have a DOF for is to appoint managers and find players? it's a waste of a job.

I'd trust a combination of TF, Hoos and fan consensus picking managers. It would be revolutionary.

Think about it though, appointing someone to run the club to appoint managers is exactly the same dilema as not even appointing that guy, and just directly appointing a manager.

Cut out the middle men. I work in middle management and all we do is free up time so our bosses can have more time off.
                                Last edited by topperharley; 11-05-2017, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X