Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
    Not it wasn't unique to QPR.

I don't pay much attention to what other teams do, maybe some did better, some worse, some the same. Whatever.

Seems to be consensus from official and unofficial channels that we thought we were safe so went experimenting. We shouldn't have.

It's not a good record, no. Had we stayed with our setup before the break it may well have read the opposite. It didn't but perhaps that has highlighted to all involved how much work is required?

I've seen plenty to suggest he's the right man, for the first time since 2010 QPR managed to play to play some exciting football, if only briefly, we controlled games. Even in playoff winning season the football was rubbish, we relied on Charlie and a lucky Bobby goal to get us success.

Ollie couldn't maintain it and that pisses me off, but not as much as another sacking would.
    but Ollie has said he was not tinkering and was picking sides to try and win games ...

Comment

Not it wasn't unique to QPR.

I don't pay much attention to what other teams do, maybe some did better, some worse, some the same. Whatever.

Seems to be consensus from official and unofficial channels that we thought we were safe so went experimenting. We shouldn't have.

It's not a good record, no. Had we stayed with our setup before the break it may well have read the opposite. It didn't but perhaps that has highlighted to all involved how much work is required?

I've seen plenty to suggest he's the right man, for the first time since 2010 QPR managed to play to play some exciting football, if only briefly, we controlled games. Even in playoff winning season the football was rubbish, we relied on Charlie and a lucky Bobby goal to get us success.

Ollie couldn't maintain it and that pisses me off, but not as much as another sacking would.

Well said topper yet youll still get the question that what have you seen to suggest ollie can do any good! lol when its glaringly obvious but just gets ignored
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
        My question would be why should we keep Ollie? Sentiment aside he failed in his remit this season and nearly got us relegated as opposed to promoted. Two lots of six defeats on the bounce. Lost about twice as many as he won. Is quite appalling. Failed in his last job too and was then without a managerial job for quite a while. No other team would likely keep him.
        It's a fair and rational question Furtive but it then begs the question WHO would you replace him with that is currently available?

Comment

but Ollie has said he was not tinkering and was picking sides to try and win games ...
          Ollie says alot of things mate, who knows whats actually the facts, probably a bit of both but he was picking the wrong personnel for the jobs at hand.

He may well of said that, i didn't read it personally. But i did read from him and Les that they had a points number in mind, and would experiment from there.

People in charge (politicians i'm looking at you ####ers), just spout for interviews. Ollie has gone into self destruct mode the last few weeks, only he knows why.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            It's a fair and rational question Furtive but it then begs the question WHO would you replace him with that is currently available?
            Exactly this. Ollie is hardly the ant-christ.

Not comparing him to Fergie, but Alex wouldn't have last a season at Man Utd when he started, had he started in todays world.

Comment

So what if you bought your beef and it turned out it had gone off? Would it be 'well I've bought it now so had better eat it'? Ollie has gone off.
              It could very well be that you are right, but after the the Forest match I noticed that their fans thought excatly the same about Warburton. Compared to Forest we probably have the better players, but he was also critised for playing them out of position. Just over a season ago I thought Warburton was a God or something like that..
              Last edited by Shania; 07-05-2017, 11:12 AM.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Even in playoff winning season the football was rubbish, we relied on Charlie and a lucky Bobby goal to get us success.
                Yes, we are doing a lot better now. Unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                  Yes, we are doing a lot better now. Unreal.
                  Take a quote from a broader point out of context and you can pretend people mean alot of things mate.

Of course we aren't doing better.

Comment

Lee Cook.
                    Lovely lovely man. Thick as shite.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      Lee Cook.
                      Lovely lovely man. Thick as shite.
                      What a stupid comment, and above all it couldn't be further from the truth. I wonder if you even listened to the interview.

So because you don't agree with his opinion you resort to ad hominem, and worse still of an R's legend. Poor form from you Kevin.

Comment

Its a pish take.
                        Check the header you made me have eh

Comment

Its a pish take.
                          Really poor show kev
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                            Really poor show kev
                            Thought you'd get it.
                            Anyone who doesnt want the manager sacked after six months is thick.

Comment

Its a pish take.
                              Kevin, it was me that wanted you to have that user title not Stan, as I was fed up replying to PMs from members thinking you were serious with some of your posts.
                              I believe you truly over stepped the Mark with this latest comment.
                              When I first saw your comment, I decided to step away for a few days as I wasn't sure I wanted to be associated with anyone who could make such a comment (in jest or not) about a true Rangers legend and supporter.
                              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                              Work Best When Open...
                              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

I'm confused ... was it really that bad?? I mean i could understand if kev said lee cooks family should be bashed to death with a crude weapon but jeez he just said something tongue in cheek ... not sure if others are also being tongue in cheek ...

Comment

Working...
                                X