That ones down to you Holloway.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
    Leave it out. That was a very good performance against the best side in the division. The table doesn't lie.

Stone wall penalty not given. Dunk clearly controlled the ball with his hand, Murray goes down like a fairy for the winning FK.

Brighton got lucky tonight and they know it.
    I dont know what some fans want he is obviously looking to next season
    which is great,some people just moan for the sake of it

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
      Anyone who can't see how far we've come performance wise may as well stay at home tbh Billy boy.

Comment

Give it a rest chaps. Got us back to playing exciting football after what has been a dire few chapters
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
          And there will be a lot moaning if we finish the season without a win in 8.

Comment

Very surprised he aint letting the other keeper get a few games.
            Its not as if Smithies is in his best form.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
              And there will be a lot moaning if we finish the season without a win in 8.
              I won't.

Seen plenty of improvement that shows me we could have a half decent season next year.

This season is a nothing. Just going through the motions.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                I won't.

Seen plenty of improvement that shows me we could have a half decent season next year.

This season is a nothing. Just going through the motions.
                I agree with this. I don't think we need to do anything but experiment at this point. Give the lads a chance to recover and new lads a chance to play. We still have Wszolek who hasn't played in a while, Lua Lua to return, Yeni is still working up to his best ability again, Robinson looked great yesterday and could do with more game time, Ravel is someone we need to judge over a few games to see whether we buy him or not. There's a lot of squad work to look at and these games are perfect for that.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I know i keep saying this but, the 3 at the back nonsense is one of the main causes.

we are getting killed out wide and we are expecting 1 full back on each wing to cover two positions.

just hope he wakes up to this.
                  nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                    Play your best team for #### sake.
                    Behave a bit.

He was getting panned on here a few weeks ago for not giving the likes of Ravel a game. He switches things up a bit and gets hammered for that too. Nothing wrong with the line-up last night, and the fact we had the best side in the division hanging on at the end is testament to that.

End of the day, we'll finish between 15th and 20th in the league whatever happens. Aside from a few hundred thousand quids worth of prize money, there ain't any difference. Fair play to him for checking out a few squad players that hes undecided on in my opinion!

Comment

3 loses to 3 decent teams isn't the end of the world. This is the perfect time to be trying new things as we aren't going down or up.
                      Personally doesn't bother me if we finish 11th or 16th. Good to give everyone a chance as long as next season Ollie calms down the rotation.

Comment

Agree with this. Time to see what we've got/lacking as we head to a very important off-season.

Believe Ravel is just not going to ever be the Ravel of old again. He was amazing in our push for promotion a few years ago, but his talents have been wasted by lack of discipline. DO think we have found gold in Freeman and Manning; Connor and Smith are looking more promising; and Smithies is aces. Think we need to recruit a solid wing fullback (Bidwell, Perch and Furlong okay, but we're missing an ace there). Also believe we need a proven goal scorer; Murray showed us again yesterday what that can mean to a winning club (as we experienced for several seasons with Charlie Austin). The best thing about this season for me is Holloway; finally have a coach willing to cheer for us, bleed for us, and be square with us. Next season, this team will be all any other can handle.

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        Behave a bit.

He was getting panned on here a few weeks ago for not giving the likes of Ravel a game. He switches things up a bit and gets hammered for that too. Nothing wrong with the line-up last night, and the fact we had the best side in the division hanging on at the end is testament to that.

End of the day, we'll finish between 15th and 20th in the league whatever happens. Aside from a few hundred thousand quids worth of prize money, there ain't any difference. Fair play to him for checking out a few squad players that hes undecided on in my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          All those saying we are safe...can we afford to lose every game to the end of the season?

We need at least 3 more points to be safe IMO.
                          We won't lose every remaining game. If Ollie has shown anything this season it's that he can turn things round after a bad run.
                          Plus, as I've said already, there are teams below us who have to play each other.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I'd fancy us to pick up points against Bristol City. I really think we are cut above the bottom teams now. Last 3 games have been against decent teams.

Comment

Even losing three games, it looks like we are still 10 points of relegation and 15th.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                                I know i keep saying this but, the 3 at the back nonsense is one of the main causes.

we are getting killed out wide and we are expecting 1 full back on each wing to cover two positions.

just hope he wakes up to this.
                                Agree. He still doesn't get it. We have width problems at both ends with a 3, there is no point in playing Smith back to goal without the service. You need exceptional players to function properly as wing backs. The answer is to play a back four with two full backs and at least one winger further up (preferably one capable of swapping flanks). Olly had a lot of success with 4-3-3 and that would have been a decent set up vs Brighton who tend to sit deep rather than press without the ball, was hoping he might have done that beforehand. The back three system is a mess for us because we don't have the quality in key areas.

Comment

Working...
                                X