What has happened to Morrison?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    Holliet will start he is one of the 1st names on Warnock's team sheet. Apart from Pavel who I like he would be a close starter. Not sure what many are talking about he had a fantastic season last season and unfortunately he was asking for too much money otherwise it would of been a banker to resign him
    You mean he picked up near the end of the season when his contract was up lol, then he was still only half decent!
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

If QPR new-boy Ravel Morrison wants football’s equivalent of ice cream he’ll have to earn it according to boss Ian Holloway.

“At the end of the day he is one of my boys and I don’t spoil my boys and if they don’t deserve ice cream then I don’t give it to them,” the QPR boss said. “That is my advice to anybody you have got to earn your ice cream.

“I love the kid – I want to help him and work hard with him, but he has got to work hard and he has got to be on time.

“In his career and his life in the past that hasn’t been easy for him.

“When you are as talented as him it is a bit of a curse sometimes but with my group of lads and how we are if we can be consistent with him we might see the best of him. If not, he goes back to Lazio simple as that.”

Comment

Looking things not so rosy eh ??

Comment

I would love it if Ian started handing out Ice creams to the players he thought played well.

Comment

Guess Morrison would have a flake with his...

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
              Guess Morrison would have a flake with his...
              now that is what I call ambiguous........

there was a reason the road to Wigan Pier didn't work out. They couldn't get him fit.

Comment

Yesterday I googled Adel and found that he probably is playing reserve fotball these days..Great....and now this.Grrrrr.......

Rant over..
                Last edited by Shania; 06-03-2017, 10:55 PM.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Agree. He was money last time he was here. He pitched in 6 goals (I believe) while Charlie was out. Kept us in the hunt til Austin and Bobby finished off the season on a high!

Comment

Not sure why a.) anyone is surprised and b.) why anyone is upset at the news that Ravel is struggling to get fit. This signing was always going to be a roll of the dice and is probably only costing us 10 or 15 grand a week for 4 months.

This is a test for Ravel. His career is teetering on the brink, we've offered him a life line but as the old saying goes, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink".

If Ravel wants to resurrect his career he needs to take accountability for getting himself fit. If he can't then we don't want him, simple as that. And in my eyes, spending a couple hundred thousand quid to see if he is able to sort his act out is worthwhile for a guy of Ravel's talent. If he was to get fit and then sign longer term next season he could win us this league pretty much single handed!
                    Last edited by Tarbie; 07-03-2017, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                      Not sure why a.) anyone is surprised and b.) why anyone is upset at the news that Ravel is struggling to get fit. This signing was always going to be a roll of the dice and is probably only costing us 10 or 15 grand a week for 4 months.

This is a test for Ravel. His career is teetering on the brink, we've offered him a life line but as the old saying goes, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink".

If Ravel wants to resurrect his career he needs to take accountability for getting himself fit. If he can't then we don't want him, simple as that. And in my eyes, spending a couple hundred thousand quid to see if he is able to sort his act out is worthwhile for a guy of Ravel's talent. If he was to get fit and then sign longer term next season he could win us this league pretty much single handed!
                      Exactly.

I'm not about to feel sorry for him, he's not a kid, he's 24. There is untold talent up and down this country and around the world that never get a 1/1000th of the chances and opportunity Ravel has had. There's also so many genuinely troubled youth around the world that don't have gifts or ability like Ravel.

Is he battling addiction of some form? Some kind of mental issue? If so then it's different, if it's just been a poor attitude then, well, he has been his own worse enemy, it's time to grow up.

Comment

Well there you have it, for those wondering why Ravel wasn't playing. He's not fit, and by the sounds of it he's not arsed about getting fit either. Don't care how talented you are, if you're not willing to put effort in you shouldn't be playing for this club. Simple as that.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                          Well there you have it, for those wondering why Ravel wasn't playing. He's not fit, and by the sounds of it he's not arsed about getting fit either. Don't care how talented you are, if you're not willing to put effort in you shouldn't be playing for this club. Simple as that.
                          At least we have been told now though.
                          Took a big chance on him and its a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                            Yesterday I googled Adel and found that he probably is playing reserve fotball these days..Great....and now this.Grrrrr.......

Rant over..
                            On loan at Genoa from Benefica
                            Made 4 sub appearances and got 3 assists. They have a new manager since Adel came in so not sure what the situation is there.

Desperate for Morrison to reach his potential but not really too fussed as Freeman looks like a very good find at the moment. Not saying they are exactly the same type of player or have the same potential, but he looks a better fit for us at the moment
                            My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                              On loan at Genoa from Benefica
                              Made 4 sub appearances and got 3 assists. They have a new manager since Adel came in so not sure what the situation is there.
                              Desperate for Morrison to reach his potential
                              Even a fit Ravel couldn't work the magic Adel had at this level.

One day the next great 10 will turn up, but don't hold your breath.

Comment

True that^^ But, to be honest I was hoping that Ravel actually did understand that we probably was his last chance to rescue his career. But wrong how wasn`t I...
                                Last edited by Shania; 07-03-2017, 03:08 PM.
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X