Good Warnock item in the standard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
    JFH was a good theoretical appointment that didn't come off.

Keeping Warnock might have got us afew rungs on the board, but it's not a solution for the future, and would only have stayed the inevitable, which is the club needing an overhaul. He had a go at overhauling the club taking us up, but only came up with Joey Barton and SWP.

Ollie is at least getting our players and it seems our playing personnel finances in order. If we can get this training ground, scouting and youth setup going, we'll be well on the way.
    with timing of ownership change, Warnock was pushed into quick signings such as Barton, swp and ferdinand. He wanted routledge signed permanently but at that stage flavio didn't want to spend a penny.

JFH was not a good theoretical or real appointment. If he hadn't played premiership football, we wouldnt have even noticed him.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
      Its alright because Pinkie is the man and knows it all.
      Lol what are you going on about stanis? what cos i said 5 points and its 6 lol! i dont follow cardiff stanis so sorry i was a point out!
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
        with timing of ownership change, Warnock was pushed into quick signings such as Barton, swp and ferdinand. He wanted routledge signed permanently but at that stage flavio didn't want to spend a penny.

JFH was not a good theoretical or real appointment. If he hadn't played premiership football, we wouldnt have even noticed him.
        Disagree with that. He was rated as one of the best up and coming managers outside of the top flight at the time we got him. Whether this was just hype, or whether it proves to be the case remains to be seen.

Whilst the football was on the whole dire under JFH, I do maintain that it would have been interesting to see what happened if he was fully backed in the transfer market like other managers have been!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
          Disagree with that. He was rated as one of the best up and coming managers outside of the top flight at the time we got him. Whether this was just hype, or whether it proves to be the case remains to be seen.

Whilst the football was on the whole dire under JFH, I do maintain that it would have been interesting to see what happened if he was fully backed in the transfer market like other managers have been!
          I certainly dont think it would of been interesting to see how he was in the transfer market when he thought el kayat was good enough when he was poor, if thats jimmys judgement on a player god help us if he had bought others! ollies the one whos interesting in the market and what hes done is superb yet doesnt seem to get any praise, jimmy wouldnt of come anywhere near ollie on buying quality players! proofs in the pudding with whats happening with players like manning deemed useless by jimmy, yet it would of been interesting seeing what jimmy would of done in the transfer market
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Pushed by who exactly? He was ecstatic over those signings. Routledge was a good player for us but wouldn't have kept us up.

Unfortunately Warnock is limited to exactly where he is now, still like the guy but had no future with us beyond advisory.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...igning-3316981

http://talksport.com/sports-news/foo...ips-and-crouch

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...underland.html

Comment

Might be an element of true in what you're saying. At the same time, Ollie is also a big personality who ain't gonna dance to anyone else's tune!
              Sadly I think Ollie is dancing to someone else's fiddle, probably been told come and do a job, but someone else has the last say??

Comment

Might be an element of true in what you're saying. At the same time, Ollie is also a big personality who ain't gonna dance to anyone else's tune!
                There maybe trouble ahead But while there's Ollie and Les let's face the music and dance

Comment

It's all been said before.

Replacing a proven championship manager with JFH was a massive punt which unsurprisingly didn't work out. That's where the whole NW conversation begins and ends. We are where we are, he is where he is, the best way to show respect is to give him a cheer and then whip Cardiff.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                    It's all been said before.

Replacing a proven championship manager with JFH was a massive punt which unsurprisingly didn't work out. That's where the whole NW conversation begins and ends. We are where we are, he is where he is, the best way to show respect is to give him a cheer and then whip Cardiff.
                    Top Top post mate

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                      Sadly I think Ollie is dancing to someone else's fiddle, probably been told come and do a job, but someone else has the last say??
                      I haven't seen any indication of this. Perhaps it wasn't his decision to sign Morrison but I think he was involved in all the other signings. Obviously he couldn't sign anybody he wanted because of price constraints.

Comment

If he wasn't a good premiership player in his day, we would not have touched him. He was nowhere near good enough to manage my football club. God help us if he had been backed like others. Anyway, agree to disagree on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                          Pushed by who exactly? He was ecstatic over those signings. Routledge was a good player for us but wouldn't have kept us up.

Unfortunately Warnock is limited to exactly where he is now, still like the guy but had no future with us beyond advisory.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...igning-3316981

http://talksport.com/sports-news/foo...ips-and-crouch

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...underland.html
                          Pushed by the timing of the ownership change (money available) and timing of transfer window shutting. If ownership change had happened on day we were promoted, warnock would have had full pre-season to assess his targets. As it turned out his budget dramtically changed with Tony coming in compared to hunting for free players beforehand. Look what happened when he was given time the season before?

Comment

Pushed by the timing of the ownership change (money available) and timing of transfer window shutting. If ownership change had happened on day we were promoted, warnock would have had full pre-season to assess his targets. As it turned out his budget dramtically changed with Tony coming in compared to hunting for free players beforehand. Look what happened when he was given time the season before?
                            He found players for the championship, the premiership is a different thing. I remember his interviews on the TV where he spent a lot of time saying how exciting it was playing at such and such a team.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                              I certainly dont think it would of been interesting to see how he was in the transfer market when he thought el kayat was good enough when he was poor, if thats jimmys judgement on a player god help us if he had bought others! ollies the one whos interesting in the market and what hes done is superb yet doesnt seem to get any praise, jimmy wouldnt of come anywhere near ollie on buying quality players! proofs in the pudding with whats happening with players like manning deemed useless by jimmy, yet it would of been interesting seeing what jimmy would of done in the transfer market
                              a.) El Khayti wasn't a number 1 target for JFH. Easy plan B when his targets were over-ruled by those above him or deemed too expensive.

b.) How is Ollie not getting any praise for what he's done in the transfer market? Pretty much everyone on here, and every Rangers fan that I know have been full of praise for the players we brought in during the last window.

Listen, I've said on many occasions that I'm not a huge of either JFH or Ollie. But I did think that JFH had promise when he arrived. And I do also think that he was probably not given as much support as some of our previous managers were in the transfer market.
                              Last edited by Tarbie; 04-03-2017, 09:22 AM.

Comment

For all those laughing at me saying JFH was rated highly before he came here, have a look at this article published by FourFourTwo magazine in 2016. Rates Jimmy as 6th best manager outside of the Premier League.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/...ootball-league

Sorry to say it, but in recent years we have a habit as a club of taking managers and players with good reputations and bringing out the absolute worst in them!
                                Last edited by Tarbie; 03-03-2017, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X