Good Warnock item in the standard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
    Come on name names J who does not want us to beat them ??????
    Seemed to me that stanistheman wasn't too bothered.

Comment

Come on name names J who does not want us to beat them ??????
      You at least gave that impression. I would begrudge anyone 3 points against us and Cardiff are also going nowhere.

Would you begrudge Warnock 3 points then ? We ain't going nowhere are we ?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
        You at least gave that impression. I would begrudge anyone 3 points against us and Cardiff are also going nowhere.
        Rubish ! read the lot I've said I want to win but just asked would anybody begrudge Warnock the points after what he did for us no reality to saying I want to lose , that is unless you want to read it that way
        Last edited by dogsrrs; 02-03-2017, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Rubish ! read the lot I've said I want to win but just asked would anybody begrudge Warnock the points after what he did for us no reality to saying I want to lose , that is unless you want to read it that way
          You can't blame anyone for picking it up that way. People are not going to always read every post in the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
            You can't blame anyone for picking it up that way. People are not going to always read every post in the thread.
            But nowhere was it said I wanted to lose Just read that one then think it over

Comment

No one this thread has said they want Cardiff to win over us.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                Lol sounds like youll be disappointed if we beat them on saturday scuppering cardiffs late promotion push arent cardiff 5 points or something above us!
                Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                6 points ahead of us at the moment but on the form tables only Huddersfield and Newcastle are performing better. They've picked up 19 points in the last 10 matches. They'll be close to the play-offs if they keep that form up I'm pretty sure!
                Its alright because Pinkie is the man and knows it all.

Comment

Lol sounds like youll be disappointed if we beat them on saturday scuppering cardiffs late promotion push arent cardiff 5 points or something above us!
                  Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                  Read an article in the paper that the Cardiff owners are looking to sell the club. This could impact on their position. Unlikely they will make the play-offs. Not sure why anybody wants us not to beat them tomorrow.
                  Just for the record, I want QPR to beat Cardiff, but I just don't think they will. Warnock is good at grinding out wins against former clubs, QPR beat Palace and Leeds, and also, Ollie has a lousy record with QPR at Loftus Rd. Losses against -
                  Derby Wolves Villa Burton Huddersfield plus Blackburn in the cup.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                    Seemed to me that stanistheman wasn't too bothered.
                    Where did I say I am not bothered?

Just because I think QPR will lose it doesn't mean I don't care.

I have correctly predicted wins losses and draws for QPR on a more frequent basis than some who just blindly and optimistically predict wins almost every game.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                      We were looking for a new manager, surely if he really wanted it he would have let his feelings be known.....

This suggests he wasn't clear that he wanted the job so either said he didn't want it or didn't give the impression that he did...
                      But the simple fact is if the club hadn't wanted NW then he'd have got the job. Instead the club messed up big time by giving it to JFH.

Anyway, it's all ancient history now, so hardly worth the discussion, except to say that you'd hope the club have now learnt from their mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                        But the simple fact is if the club hadn't wanted NW then he'd have got the job. Instead the club messed up big time by giving it to JFH.

Anyway, it's all ancient history now, so hardly worth the discussion, except to say that you'd hope the club have now learnt from their mistakes.
                        Spot on. If Les and co had wanted to NW, he'd have got it and I think we'd be sitting pretty in the playoffs this season (if not last season!). They went for a young up and coming manager instead. No bad thing but as I (and many said at the time), 1 promotion from league 2 to league 1 and 3 months experience in league 1 is not sufficient to be classed as a real gem of an up and coming manager.....and so it proved.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                          Spot on. If Les and co had wanted to NW, he'd have got it and I think we'd be sitting pretty in the playoffs this season (if not last season!). They went for a young up and coming manager instead. No bad thing but as I (and many said at the time), 1 promotion from league 2 to league 1 and 3 months experience in league 1 is not sufficient to be classed as a real gem of an up and coming manager.....and so it proved.
                          JFH was a good theoretical appointment that didn't come off.

Keeping Warnock might have got us afew rungs on the board, but it's not a solution for the future, and would only have stayed the inevitable, which is the club needing an overhaul. He had a go at overhauling the club taking us up, but only came up with Joey Barton and SWP.

Ollie is at least getting our players and it seems our playing personnel finances in order. If we can get this training ground, scouting and youth setup going, we'll be well on the way.

Comment

I think we all know who didn't want him? Neil is a big character, maybe a clash of 2 personalities, also don't think Neil could be manipulated by someone above him ??????????
                            Last edited by dave58; 03-03-2017, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                              I think we all know who didn't want him? Neil is a big character, maybe a clash of 2 personalities, also don't think Neil could be manipulated by someone above him ??????????
                              Might be an element of true in what you're saying. At the same time, Ollie is also a big personality who ain't gonna dance to anyone else's tune!

Comment

I felt that Warnock as well as JFH did not get enough money too improve their teams. Not sure it would have helped JFH, but Warnock did definetly deserve a better chance of establishing us in the prem than the one he got.
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X