No announcement yet.

Birmingham huge game now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need to stop comparing JFH with Ollie. My view is Ollie seems to do well against "better" teams when our backs are against the wall but struggles when we should in control comfortably winning. There has been erratic team selection, but what he's trying to do with the team is lot clearer to me now then it was when he started. The football is undeniably more exciting but we've sacrificed points as a result. Is it worth it? That's debatable.

We are dangerously close to the relegation zone with an inconsistent run of form. This is a big game and we can't afford to lose.

Comment

Perhaps we're forgetting it takes time for a manager to know his players and get his ideas across. For example, when you talk to your mates, you know reasonably well how the conversation on anything is going to go. Try it with a stranger, and see how long it takes. Fans seem to think it all happens in two weeks, and anything over that, the manager's clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
        Perhaps we're forgetting it takes time for a manager to know his players and get his ideas across. For example, when you talk to your mates, you know reasonably well how the conversation on anything is going to go. Try it with a stranger, and see how long it takes. Fans seem to think it all happens in two weeks, and anything over that, the manager's clueless.
        Nothing to do with that in my opinion mate. I have no issues with a manager taking a bit of time to get his ideas across and learn which players he rates as his best 11.

What I do have an issue with is constant tinkering with formations and repeatedly playing players out of position unnecessarily.

He's always been liable to do this though hasn't he? It was that whole period he was playing Georges Santos up front and in midfield during his last stint that made me lose faith in him!
        Last edited by Tarbie; 16-02-2017, 09:42 PM.

Comment

I'd be more inclined to listen to a stranger as my mates usually talk absolute b*llocks!

Comment

So why do some managers come in and solve issue straight away if that's the case??

Comment

Do you need that pointing out to you wests about how shiite we were on the pitch before ollie arrived and complete negative crap around the place and on match days! you dont just turn that around fully in 16 matches let alone 3 games as a few on here expected! ollie has turned things around massively and showed an eye for a player like manning who would of left for nothing, results will come but you cant have everything and top ten in 16 matches or 3!
              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Honestly some fans patience is embarressing it really is lol
                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

But that's my point some managers do come in and turn it straight around Rowett at Birmingham as an example took over side at the bottom after 8 - 1 defeat and sorted them straight out.

Comment

The problem with us and must win- matches is that we tend to lose them..
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Yep, say that to the Swansea and Hull fans.
                      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        But that's my point some managers do come in and turn it straight around Rowett at Birmingham as an example took over side at the bottom after 8 - 1 defeat and sorted them straight out.
                        And some don't - Leeds were as bigger basket case as us when Monk took over. By some miracle, their Clown of a Chairman didn't fire him after a disastrous start to the season and the rest, as they say ...................

The point is that sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. Often the "new manager bounce" only lasts briefly too. In our situation, the change from JFH to IH has seen wholesale changes in terms of playing style, attitude, almost certainly training methods and also personnel. It would have been remarkable if an immediate change had taken place IMO
                        #standuptocancer
                        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                          And some don't - Leeds were as bigger basket case as us when Monk took over. By some miracle, their Clown of a Chairman didn't fire him after a disastrous start to the season and the rest, as they say ...................

The point is that sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. Often the "new manager bounce" only lasts briefly too. In our situation, the change from JFH to IH has seen wholesale changes in terms of playing style, attitude, almost certainly training methods and also personnel. It would have been remarkable if an immediate change had taken place IMO
                          Monk had 1 bad month, he then won 4 out of 6 in September. Good managers don't need that long to turn it round.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            It's a valid point.

In a restaurant that's going up the swanny, changing the head chef ain't enough. There's an ethos to sort, wait staff to organise, chefs to re-energize, decor to change, menus to print, perceptions to change.

QPR has, in my opinion, been mis-managed for all but 1 season (we all know the one, and it's ain't Redknapp's promotion year) for the last decade. The worst mistakes came in when Warnock was in the Prem, unfortunately after Uncle Tone took over.

I really think Ollie is doing alot to repair that damage, but it'll take a while, and i'm not talking about the pitch, though that is where we need things to go our way real soon!

Impossible to say if a Rowett or other impact manager would have had. For instance Clement doing a good job at Swansea due to Rodgers, Monk, then a dip but the remnants of a good squad and playing style.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                              For instance Clement doing a good job at Swansea due to Rodgers, Monk, then a dip but the remnants of a good squad and playing style.
                              On that assumption then Holloway is doing a sh*t job because of Paul Hart, then a blip when we were good but essentially we were always sh*t

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                                On that assumption then Holloway is doing a sh*t job because of Paul Hart, then a blip when we were good but essentially we were always sh*t
                                Touche.

Just a theory based on assumptions though, no facts.

Comment

Working...
                                X