X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
    You guys seem nice.

Almost want to draw now.
    It's all part of our plan be nice then nick a last minute winner.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      What was Robinson like on loan?? Hes not really had a break at ours
      Going back a bit now and my memories are a bit hazy! From what I remember he was good with pace but then got injured. Can't remember him pulling up any trees or making any horrendous errors.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier66 View Post
        It's all part of our plan be nice then nick a last minute winner.
        Crap plan, you've told us it.

Now I hope Smithies saves a penalty and Joel Lynch scores the winner .
        Last edited by topperharley; 10-02-2017, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
          Crap plan, you've told us it.

Now I hope Smithies saves a penalty and Joel Lynch scores the winner .
          No chance of Smithies saving a penalty. We haven't been awarded one in the league for 2 years. :disappointed

Comment

No chance of Smithies saving a penalty. We haven't been awarded one in the league for 2 years. :disappointed
            We'll find a way to give you one don't worry mate. Got any ex-Fulham players?

Comment

Remember Trevor Cherry and Frank Worthington when you were last in the top division....

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                Remember Trevor Cherry and Frank Worthington when you were last in the top division....
                Yep I was only 5 at the time so don't remember much about it. Started following Town regularly in the late 70's and a lot of the time we've been up and down the bottom leagues. That's why this season is exciting for us and there's a real feeling we could do something special.

Comment

Yep I was only 5 at the time so don't remember much about it. Started following Town regularly in the late 70's and a lot of the time we've been up and down the bottom leagues. That's why this season is exciting for us and there's a real feeling we could do something special.
                  Good luck to you. Hope you do it.

Comment

Huddersfield? Isn't that the place where the Cadbury's Smash Martians went to spy on the local's potato eating habits in 1974?

Comment

• Originally posted by Acton Stations View Post
                      Huddersfield? Isn't that the place where the Cadbury's Smash Martians went to spy on the local's potato eating habits in 1974?
                      It is indeed! Interesting that you'd remembered that! We were all supposed to laugh at little old Huddersfield but these days things such as that are seen a pretty unPC. It's probably where people get the idea that Huddersfield's a ####-hole from. It's true to say it's only the small place compared to cities that moves a slower pace and has less happening generally but I really enjoy going to the brilliant annual Experiment Music festival. Did you also know the town is credited with inventing 'Sound Systems'? Developed by the sizeable West Indian community, systems that were used later by early English Rappers, came out of the impromptu street and club scene in Huddersfield. I actually live in Leeds which is a vibrant exciting city of around 800,000 people. If you've never been then I advise a visit, you could be surprised.

Anyway - Match Day. We really could do with taking maximum points today but I expect it to be very tough indeed. I watched your excellent display at Newcastle and was very impressed with your passing, pace and movement. Was that a one off performance, because I ended up wondering why you were so far down the table?

We'll probably play the system we've gone all season apart from a few minor adjustments to take account of your set up. Players to watch out for? Mooy in midfield, he makes us tick so stop him and you're half way there. Izzy Brown, again in midfield, on loan from Chelsea and he looks every bit a quality player. Van La Parra on the left side has been in excellent form recently and Wells and Kachunga are handful up front, even though they're both physically small their movement is excellent.

Here's to a good match! I'm hoping to pick up a live stream, so any help would be appreciated

Regards

AceT

Comment

• Now Leeds is a bizarre place Ace. Every time I have been there everyone just seems majorly angry and up for the tear up

Comment

• Good reading this thread.

Comment

• Acetripper, I remembered that line because I was into Sci Fi in the seventies, and I just used to love those cute Martians in the ads: they brought a smile to my face. I haven't been to Leeds for many years; the last time I went to Yorkshire was for a visit to York which is a fantastic historic city.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              Now Leeds is a bizarre place Ace. Every time I have been there everyone just seems majorly angry and up for the tear up
                              Proper - they really cannot stand us southerners up there. Proper w-anchors up there.
                              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• Looking forward to seeing Smith start. Thought Hall was out for longer. Obviously Holloway has listened in regards to Darnell. My first game without a child for a good few years. Loads of armed police over Westfield today plus police parked cars across south Africa road to prevent/contain nice and Berlin style truck attacks. Very odd.

Comment

Working...
                                X