No announcement yet.

Huddersfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoilt for choice for transport mate you can't really go wrong if honest whatever station you get off. Pub wise belushies I think is where most fans head although Bull in Westfield recently has become mixed with no hassle. Bit pricey but good grub and pub

Comment

If you're coming down from huddersfield you'll get in at either kings cross or euston and its pretty easy then. Wouldnt bother with shepherds bush market station and god knows what line it is, but you can get the victoria line (sky blue colour marking) from kings cross (i think) or euston to oxford circus then from there go onto the central line (red coloured marking) to shepherds bush. Literally right outside the station across the road is a belushi's which is the away fans pub.
      Tonnes of food places all over like kfc/subway/mcdonalds etc and its only a 5-10 min walk from belushi's to the ground. Pretty easy to get to, just follow everyone else past the londis and you'll get there.
      In case you don't/won't have an oyster card you can simply use contactless payment to get through the tube too, costs about 2.20 a journey for adults. Hope that the price factor is easy for northerners to digest!!!

Comment

If coming into Kings X and gasping for pint Parcel Yard in Station is good boozer and Fullers. Biggest station boozer in country I believe

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
          We'll beat them. I can feel it in my bones.
          You said the same before the Blackburn and Burton games in the past 2 weeks,nothing wrong with optomism,we have a chance because we are expected to lose.

Comment

If we dont win soon i might have to start bringing the missus to every game...

Comment

As others say

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...n_England.html

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                Huddersfield is probably the shittiest place in the whole UK. Actually just depressing hanging around there.
                So controversial.
                Was this your Facto impression?
                No mention of your personal views on the place until a native turned up, then this immediately after . Have you ever even been there weare?

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                  Huddersfield is probably the shittiest place in the whole UK. Actually just depressing hanging around there.
                  You know what, I think the opposite. I've done Hudds away quite a few times now, and I have always found it a very pleasant place - far better than I expected in my simple 'anywhere oop north is a $hit hole' mind.

I can assure you WeAre, there are far far worse places (Blackpool, Middlesbrough, Burnley, Oldham to name a few off the top of my head).

As for the game, this season, Hudds were one of the best teams I have seen when we lost at their place. Granted we were woeful, but their forward 3 with that Mooy behind were brilliant. Personally do not have much optimism going into this one, reckon we could nick a draw though. Fancy 1-1.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Agree Marty every time I've done away game there place is clean and tidy and everything seems really convenient decent away game to do

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                      You said the same before the Blackburn and Burton games in the past 2 weeks,nothing wrong with optomism,we have a chance because we are expected to lose.
                      Actually I didn't. I said before those games that they are games we SHOULD be winning. There's a difference.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshireblue View Post
                        Hi Rangers fans another Terriers fan. Looking forward to the game on Saturday. Coming down with friend and 2 boys age 10 & 7 who will be wearing hudds shirts. Can you let us know which is the best pub for away fans or recommend a family pub where we can get a pre match pint. Also been advised Shepherds Bush Market is the best tube station to use. Thoughts.

Many thanks and best of luck after Saturday
                        Just seen the Hammersmith and City and Circle line are both suspended this weekend beyond Edgware Road going Eastwards, so there will be no direct route from Kings X to Shepherds Bush (Wood Lane/Market/Goldhawk Road), so Corbray's suggestions is your best bet (and anyone else travelling from that direction please take note).

Comment

Thanks for all your help guys.

First visit to Loftus Road for me having been to every other London ground except West Ham. Looking forward to sampling the delights of Shepherds Bush and of course the match itself.

Thanks to those of you who came out in support of Huddersfield as a Town. No doubt there are better places in England but I can assure you there are a hell of a lot worse.

Oh by the way our football teams pretty good this season too. In fact this is the best team I can remember and we're just starting to believe this could be something special. Most would have been happy just to be avoiding our annual battle with relegation an top 6 would have been beyond our wildest dreams so whatever happens in the rest of the season its already been one to remember.

See you Saturday with around 2500 other flat cap wearing yorkshire pudding eating Yorkies (and our Wippets) 😀😀

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier66 View Post
                            Hello QPR Fans. Really looking forward to coming down to the smoke this weekend and tasting some jellied eel and flat beer. Hopefully we will see Chas & Dave for a sing song round the old Joanna. Might bring an old fridge down for Steptoe to collect on his rounds!

On a serious note, looking forward to the game and think it will be close. We've had a brilliant few weeks but you look as though you can grind out a result. Will be good to see Smithies and Lynch again. Good luck and see you on Saturday.
                            welcome , hope u lose to us but would love to see u go up

Comment

I would like see them go up too nice to have different sides getting slice of the pie and the ground is easily premier league ready

Comment

Been to Huddersfield just the once, earlier this season. Very nice ground, and actually not a bad area at all. Certainly been to worse, as Matty says. Actually quite like Huddersfield as it goes, never had any bad feeling towards them. I hope they go up.
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2
                                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2