Luongo. Enough is enough.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    Pony player. Been watching his empty shirt for eighteen months now. Offers nothing. A handful of passable games. The rest have been rubbish. Benchmeat at best. Ideally off to China. Get the new lads in.

Great point.
    You would have loved Mick Leach.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
      He was poor tonight. Cost us a point Saturday. It's his consistent failure to turn up. Sadly for me the result doesn't help with with the performance. Others think differently. I'm envious.
      I thought he had a better game tonight 77 but he was at fault for not closing down shelvey and turned his back on the shot!
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
        I thought he had a better game tonight 77 but he was at fault for not closing down shelvey and turned his back on the back!
        I think that was more Furlong's fault, as it was he who totally failed to track Shelvey's run when it was Furlong who was defending him on the byline. He completely switched off, then desperately tried to make up for it but had lost too much ground on him. Inexcusable defending really.

Comment

We always seem to be succeptable to the ball that drops just in that area, god knows why we`re never switched on to that, as an attacking midfielder its always where the ball seems to land on a headed clearance or mishit, yet we always have a gapping gap there for a oncoming player attacking it! we need to sort that one out.
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Although 77 seems a glass half empty merchant, I do respect his opinion even if I don't agree with him. Luongo was very poor Saturday but I thought he was fine tonight and excellent v Reading.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              Once we get Ravel in the lineup, his role will be more well defined and he can play his defensive game without the scrutiny of needing to be as offensive as some expect him to be.
              Perhaps he will sit in front of the back 4 with Goss & Manning in the other two central positios - if playing 4-3-3.

It will be interesting to see what formation Holloway selects and who will play in the team.
              Midfield
              Goss Freeman Manning Luongo Wyzsolek Morrison Lua Lua Cousins.

Attack
              Smith. Washington Sylla Ngaboto

Comment

Agree with the comments that Luongo lacks that quality in the final third but accept that those are his limitations. If he had that quality in attack he would be playing prem football. He is an important part of our midfield, doing a lot of the unsung work

Comment

I thought Luongo did well tonight against a very good side. Sometimes we forget that he has only played in this league for 18 months and lower standard before that. He will get better with age and experience. We also haven't really had a good consistant partnership in midfield with him and gaining a good understanding with a regular partner will allow them to bounce off each other and work together. No one around him has had consistant form and sometimes that could affect his game too by giving him more work than he might have to do otherwise.
                  The things i will pick him out for are his slow decision making when he has the ball. He has a tendency to run with the ball at not the fastest speed maybe 20/30 yards and then pass the ball when he is almost right in front of the player he passes to. Let the ball do the work and you won't be out of position to receive it back.
                  And the other one is that he ducks out of incoming shots like a kid does, stand up and take the ball hitting you, it'll only hurt for a few seconds lol
                  But something Ollie needs to work on with the whole squad is composure when in possession and not just hoofing it up top all the time just get rid of it.
                  Overall he did well tonight in a very hard game against a good footballing side.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                    Although 77 seems a glass half empty merchant, I do respect his opinion even if I don't agree with him. Luongo was very poor Saturday but I thought he was fine tonight and excellent v Reading.
                    My sentiments too
                    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Havent seen the game so cant judge anyones performance. I get why luongo can be frustrating, i like luongo and hes played well recently (barring burton ofc) but there are aspects he needs to work on for sure. If he does then he'll be a good player for us for sure.
                      I reckon he'll up his game more now that theres way more competition for places in midfield.

Comment

Did anyone see the way he is jogging back when we lose the ball in the offense zone? You can't just walk back like you don't care for god sake! Some on here certainly do not know much about football and professional sport juged on their comments.

Comment

Also respect 77's opinion, but am baffled as to why anyone would want to be so negative and share it after such a brilliant result when presumably all the rest of us are upbeat. Takes all sorts I spose.

Comment

Originally posted by luca View Post
                            Did anyone see the way he is jogging back when we lose the ball in the offense zone? You can't just walk back like you don't care for god sake! Some on here certainly do not know much about football and professional sport juged on their comments.
                            It is a forum mate, we are all entitled to opinions and to agree or disagree with others without looking down on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                              Agree with the comments that Luongo lacks that quality in the final third but accept that those are his limitations. If he had that quality in attack he would be playing prem football. He is an important part of our midfield, doing a lot of the unsung work
                              This x10000

Knew there would be moans because of his poor play in the final third last night but the amount of times he busts a gut to win the ball back in the middle of the pitch goes totally unnoticed by some.

The sort of players that can win the ball back, dribble effectively and pick out a pass are all playing for top half prem sides.

The challenge for clubs like ours is to find partnerships where one players shortcomings are offset by anothers ability in that area.

Some people just look at attacking errors and judge a players whole game based on that, theres two sides to the game

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                                If he could only pick that pass and move quicker he'd be a class act.

Thought he was good tonight, bar a couple of errors. Seems to work well of Manning who IMO is the real deal.
                                Spot on.

Comment

Working...
                                X