Ravel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
    Pretty sure he played against Wigan Ginge?
    At there's in the first leg. Was subbed. Never played again.

Comment

77 may be right, he mightve played in the first leg to be fair. I'm certain he didn't play in the home leg though...
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Thought he played in the first leg and came off the bench in the 2nd?.......Then again, both games were a blur, had to sink quite a few to steady the nerves!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
          Thought he played in the first leg and came off the bench in the 2nd?.......Then again, both games were a blur, had to sink quite a few to steady the nerves!
          Same here, the memory is a bit sketchy
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
            Yes. Ravel started in the first game and was subbed at '78 for Niko. Came on as sub at '69 for O´Neill in the second game.
            https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

• Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
              Yes. Ravel started in the first game and was subbed at '78 for Niko. Came on as sub at '69 for O´Neill in the second game.
              Good to know, maybe the old memory isn't as bad as I thought!

With regards to all this Ravel speculation, it seems he is definitely on his way back to England on loan with Wigan the most likely destination. If that is the case, I'd hope we are having a look. He'd be better served with us than he would be up there, particularly given his well documented "wrong'un" mates are just down the road in Manchester.

For me, the jury is still out on whether this lad will ever sort himself out and become a player. But I do think, with the right management, he could have the same effect at this level as Adel did in his first 2 years with the club!

Comment

• Said in the papers this morning that he's training with Wigan but is a long way off fitness having not played since April (!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  Said in the papers this morning that he's training with Wigan but is a long way off fitness having not played since April (!)
                  Don't matter to us. Get him in. Hes a maverick. They don't need fitness

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    Don't matter to us. Get him in. Hes a maverick. They don't need fitness
                    Yes apparently fitness and not having played any football in nearly a year doesn't mean anything, we should still be "over the moon" if he signs

Comment

• rather 5 minutes a lion than a lifetime a donkey
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                        Yes apparently fitness and not having played any football in nearly a year doesn't mean anything, we should still be "over the moon" if he signs
                        We all know he can play, we know he's exciting, we all know he's got the creativity we need, we all know he's a game changer.. so heres a thought Rebel, how about while this young exciting talented player is available, we sign him up on a decent contract. Get him fit (although apparently Wigans doing the hard work for us) and get him playing for us long term..... just a common sense thought Rebel.
                        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                          We all know he can play, we know he's exciting, we all know he's got the creativity we need, we all know he's a game changer.. so heres a thought Rebel, how about while this young exciting talented player is available, we sign him up on a decent contract. Get him fit (although apparently Wigans doing the hard work for us) and get him playing for us long term..... just a common sense thought Rebel.

Comment

• 6 month deal with an option for the club to extend it by a further 12 months in the summer is a no brainer.

The lad doesn't command large wages and needs to get his head down as his career is on the line now. It gives us 6 months to see if his attitude is right.

Ravel has all the ability in the world and imo we're in no danger of going down or up, so get him signed up and give him 20 mins for a few games and let him build up his fitness, he'll be fully fit within a month after playing for the U23's.

We've got nothing to lose and everything to gain by doing this type of deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick View Post
                              Well put together argument, I accept your point and I agree

Comment

• Has talent but quite possibly a wrong 'un.

Would give him short term deal until the end of the season for him to prove himself and an option in the club's favour to renew (on 'x' terms) for another season.

Gives him a chance and limits our exposure.

Comment

Working...
                                X