Hollloway prepares the axe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gator View Post
    You obviously have a dislike for Ollie, fair enough, there is no getting around the fact that this side has been assembled by others and it is terrible, I've been saying that for a long time! However he goes about it he deserves a chance to try to put this right whether any of us like him or not!

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
      Hope he axes all the shyte.

We need to build a squad around 4 or 5 players.

Smithes, bidwell, lynch,shodipo and sylla.
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

Hall must be worth keeping hits

Comment

Got stop all this nonesense it's not his team. He accepted the job so yes he's taken on the responsibility so the team is his now. If he gets players in great but if he don't he has to get a tune out of these players. So enough excuses it's not his team I'm sure he looked at squad before accepting and took job on basis of what he saw and fancied he could get them playing even said JFH left good foundation for him

Time to crack on and forget making excuses

Comment

LF did not assemble this squad with the intention of it being total carp (obviously). IMHO he cares for the club massively - and is far from incompetent.

It's all a function FFP repercussions - which Lee Hoos oversees.

Unfortunately, it's obvious that the limited advice and approach that JFH gave (with a very limited budget to be fair) was fundamentally flawed.

If there is wider, more significant blame - then it should be aimed at the board for allowing Kia Joorabchain and Mike Rigg loose with an open checkbook. A £250 million jolly-up. I mean: SWP - a quarter of a million a month? Barton the same? WTF? All sanctioned by the board and Beard........ who was brought in for infrastructure reasons..... Not the round thing that we (badly) boot up the pitch.

Dave McIntyre may ruffle feathers......... But he was right all along. We are in for some serious pain. Hopefully we come out of the other end in tact........

But I'll always support my Rangers.

Hell. I'd even embrace in poxy bloody "Boutique Football". At least we won...........

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
              Hall must be worth keeping hits
              As is Pawel.

Comment

Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
                LF did not assemble this squad with the intention of it being total carp (obviously). IMHO he cares for the club massively - and is far from incompetent.

Unfortunately, it's obvious that the limited advice and approach that JFH gave (with a very limited budget to be fair) was fundamentally flawed.

If there is wider, more significant blame - then it should be aimed at the board for allowing Kia Joorabchain and Mike Rigg loose with an open checkbook. A £250 million jolly-up. I mean: SWP - a quarter of a million a month? Barton the same? WTF? All sanctioned by the board and Beard........ who was brought in for infrastructure reasons..... Not the round thing that we (badly) boot up the pitch.

Dave McIntyre may ruffle feathers......... But he was right all along. We are in for some serious pain. Hopefully we come out of the other end in tact........

Hell. I'd even embrace in poxy bloody "Boutique Football". At least we won...........
                Good post.

The blame for this #### fight is across the club. Unfortunately the only constant in Tony.

Ollie is as good as anyone just now, all he's got to do is keep us up, and try not to sign, or ask to sign rubbish personnel.

Comment

Agree Maverick we can only hope we have a club to support in 5-10 years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Got stop all this nonesense it's not his team. He accepted the job so yes he's taken on the responsibility so the team is his now. If he gets players in great but if he don't he has to get a tune out of these players. So enough excuses it's not his team I'm sure he looked at squad before accepting and took job on basis of what he saw and fancied he could get them playing even said JFH left good foundation for him

Time to crack on and forget making excuses
                    The team is shyte West! We could bring in Pep or Jose and they'd struggle to get a tune out of the team! As fans we need to be more realistic and reasonable and actually look at the players Ollie has to work with!

We are positioned exactly where we should be in the league with the squad we have and tbh thank god for Smithies or we'd probably be bottom 3 right now!
                    Our first 11 is poor and if we don't invest in January then we could very realistically go down this season!

If the board back Ollie properly then I'll start judging him accordingly on the team he's built! Right now if the board do t back him or only back him with prospects then as far as I'm concerned they are just tying his hands behind his back and my anger will be aimed at the inept board of this club!!

Any manager coming to this club has a hell of a job on their hands if we bury our heads in the sand and continue with this recruitment policy!

Honestly West with the players we have where do you think we should be in this league? You honestly think our first 11 are underperforming because of Ollie then and someone else could come in and make this lot a mid table top 10 team over night?

Comment

Bottom 8 at best with the squad we have and that would equal a good season.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                        The team is shyte West! We could bring in Pep or Jose and they'd struggle to get a tune out of the team! As fans we need to be more realistic and reasonable and actually look at the players Ollie has to work with!

We are positioned exactly where we should be in the league with the squad we have and tbh thank god for Smithies or we'd probably be bottom 3 right now!
                        Our first 11 is poor and if we don't invest in January then we could very realistically go down this season!

If the board back Ollie properly then I'll start judging him accordingly on the team he's built! Right now if the board do t back him or only back him with prospects then as far as I'm concerned they are just tying his hands behind his back and my anger will be aimed at the inept board of this club!!

Any manager coming to this club has a hell of a job on their hands if we bury our heads in the sand and continue with this recruitment policy!

Honestly West with the players we have where do you think we should be in this league? You honestly think our first 11 are underperforming because of Ollie then and someone else could come in and make this lot a mid table top 10 team over night?
                        So with the logic you are using in the above post JFH was over performing because we were in a better position with him than we are under Holloway. The fact is Holloway has a worst record with the same players as JFH over a much shorter time. I personally thought JFH needed to go but to replace him with Holloway was a cheap option simply to appease the fans and for some it's clearly worked.

Holloway has openly stated he wants experienced pro's, for that read over paid aging players looking for a last pay day. We have been there and done that with the likes of Boswinga, Johnson etc, do you really want us to go down that route again.

Maybe you do and so the spiral with no overall strategy continues, would a season or two of mid table Chsmpionship have been that bad or maybe you just prefer the excitement of relegation battles.

Comment

Originally posted by maverick69 View Post

Such a great post. Well said.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

That comment was not specifically directed at you Maids so apologies if it came over that way

For me he's taken the job on knowing the squad that's in place. Taking the job he clearly backed himself to make them better then they were that's why it frustrates me when people say it's not his team. He's taken the job so it's now his team and for him to influence them to do what he wants.

Playing Hall in middle is his choice, bombing out Henry is his choice, dropping most effective forward Sylla when he got job was his choice as is keeping Shodipo on the bench.

He's got work with what he has if he gets three or four in then great but even if he does 80% of players will still have been there before him so he needs find way of getting most out of them. When he met TF bet he never said I will need ten new players would bet my shirt on him saying squad and players are more then good enough just needs a tweak (he is on record saying that)

He took job and in doing so accepts responsibility. It's his team now dont remember many saying JFH team was not his when he got job and it was Ramseys/Harry's it's all excuses

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
                              So with the logic you are using in the above post JFH was over performing because we were in a better position with him than we are under Holloway. The fact is Holloway has a worst record with the same players as JFH over a much shorter time. I personally thought JFH needed to go but to replace him with Holloway was a cheap option simply to appease the fans and for some it's clearly worked.

Holloway has openly stated he wants experienced pro's, for that read over paid aging players looking for a last pay day. We have been there and done that with the likes of Boswinga, Johnson etc, do you really want us to go down that route again.

Maybe you do and so the spiral with no overall strategy continues, would a season or two of mid table Chsmpionship have been that bad or maybe you just prefer the excitement of relegation battles.

There different managers and Ollie was employed to also change the philosophy of the drossball JFH served up! Ollies also inherited JFh's players who were brought in to help us challenge!

Ollies just walked through the door and our squad is that of one that could realistically be relegated! Why does a experienced pro have to be a 33 year old has been?
                              No ones suggesting that and I'm sure Ollies not! I imagine he wants some 25- 30 years olds who have actually played championship football to a decent standard so that we actually compete again!

Your reply was pathetic about the excitement of relegation battles and quite clearly none of us want that! We are sent conflicting messages by the board constantly and all I'm saying is Ollie can't perform miracles with a squad that isn't fit for the championship!

we don't have a team that's capable of achieving a mid table finish currently! 3 or 4 new players who know this league on Jan and hopefully that can be achieved and we can push on in the summer!

However blaming Ollie right now is just pathetic and quite clearly just based on the fact you didn't want him as manager as their is no rational behind your grief towards him and a manager who's achieved 2 promotions out of this league one of which was just 3 years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

+ Hall, Pawel and Mackie. Suddenly our squad isn't that poor anymore?

Comment

Working...
                                X