Hollloway prepares the axe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
    Ollie said he wouldn't select that side again , Westy he only needs one change and it's a different side so I wouldn't see too much into that none of us know how much clout he's got
    But the suggestion from his is that it's more then one player he's got hump with and I don't for one minute think he believes taking one player out and another one in will transform the team from what we witnessed yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      But the suggestion from his is that it's more then one player he's got hump with and I don't for one minute think he believes taking one player out and another one in will transform the team from what we witnessed yesterday
      Make you right but his sound bites make you think he's clout I'd like to know how muck !

Comment

Players overall aren't good enough, get rid of the weak links and build up.

At the same time though, with the same players, Jimmy lost in 16 league matches this season, exactly the same amount of matches as Ollie has lost in 9.

A manager's job is ultimately to maximise the output his players give on the pitch, by 1) making them link up intelligently, work together well and 2) by ensuring that over 90 minutes they offer as much of their output as possible throughout.

What we've perhaps done by going from Jimmy to Ollie in theory is gone from a manager who may be better at 1) than 2); to a manager who is/should be great at 2) but doesn't seem to be capable of getting 1) right.

I think and hope that after January, Ollie will get it right, perhaps by bringing in players who will respond to 2) better and maybe he can get more out of them. Fingers crossed.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Holloway comments

As his sides continue to struggle, so his comments become more bizarre and there is a real danger a large proportion of the players will simple loose all confidence in him, if they havnt already.

In an effort to hide his inability to get the team playing to any sort of level or consistency, he is resorting to digging out individual players. Such criticism should be done, if necessary, behind closed doors and will only see us drop further.

Big decisions needed as we are loosing to really poor sides, with relegation a real threat now.

Comment

Get away fella! His comments were spot on and are reflective of the absolute poor standard of players we ha e at the club!

Right now this isn't Ollies team but a side that LF assembled poorly and wouldn't grace league 1! What the hell do you expect from Ollie?

He called them out yesterday because it just wasn't good enough and fair play to him! I think he's using the media and interviews to make it clear to the board we need new players who are championship savy!

Don't get why Ollies getting such a hard time when the majority of people on here all accept that Les has f ***ed us with recruitment and that at least half our first 11 and squad aren't good enough for this league!!

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
              Get away fella! His comments were spot on and are reflective of the absolute poor standard of players we ha e at the club!

Right now this isn't Ollies team but a side that LF assembled poorly and wouldn't grace league 1! What the hell do you expect from Ollie?

He called them out yesterday because it just wasn't good enough and fair play to him! I think he's using the media and interviews to make it clear to the board we need new players who are championship savy!

Don't get why Ollies getting such a hard time when the majority of people on here all accept that Les has f ***ed us with recruitment and that at least half our first 11 and squad aren't good enough for this league!!
              Superb post mate

Comment

JFH showed his dislike of certain players whether good or bad by simply not playing them. Olly has given everybody a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
                  As his sides continue to struggle, so his comments become more bizarre and there is a real danger a large proportion of the players will simple loose all confidence in him, if they havnt already.

In an effort to hide his inability to get the team playing to any sort of level or consistency, he is resorting to digging out individual players. Such criticism should be done, if necessary, behind closed doors and will only see us drop further.

Big decisions needed as we are loosing to really poor sides, with relegation a real threat now.
                  Completely wrong. Why shouldn't he call out the players for not pulling their weight? Ollie is spot on, and if you read Maid's post in response to yours, you'll find that one is spot on too.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Agree with Maidstone. Comments were made for the board and the FANS,he is acknowledging what fans have felt about the team is in fact correct.

Plus I think he is also slyly eroding the LF power base. Spot on!

Comment

This. He looks seriously p issed off with this rotten bunch of players. Surely the worst squad ever assembled. Nice one, Les. Wish he'd really say what he thinks.

Comment

I agree with him digging certain people out and will be interesting to see if he has called the boards bluff. We need decent players and that will require a few quid so let us see if he has forced their hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                          Agree with Maidstone. Comments were made for the board and the FANS,he is acknowledging what fans have felt about the team is in fact correct.

Plus I think he is also slyly eroding the LF power base. Spot on!
                          Yep I can't see this as a partnership made in heaven in fact I can see Ollie walking if he doesn't get his choice of players

Comment

You can criticise and change players all you want but it should be kept behind closed doors.

Exactly what benefit does doing it in public have, other than deflect possible criticism away from the manager. If he wants to get rid of players or drop then that's his choice and he can do that in the transfer window or when selecting for the next game. All he is doing here is pandering to the fans, which is something the club in general has been doing over and over again with disastrous results.

So many on here are blinkered by this so called passion and a Rangers man thing, thought you would have learnt your lessons with the Ferdinand appointment. Oh and for the record Holloway is a Bristol Rovers fan, always has been. This appointment was just a manager getting one last pay check, hence his demand for a longer contract than that given to JFH.

Let's see if he walks away without a pay off when we continue to struggle, I afraid you can bury your heads all you want but he and a Bircham appear hopelessly out of their depth.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
                              You can criticise and change players all you want but it should be kept behind closed doors.

Exactly what benefit does doing it in public have, other than deflect possible criticism away from the manager. If he wants to get rid of players or drop then that's his choice and he can do that in the transfer window or when selecting for the next game. All he is doing here is pandering to the fans, which is something the club in general has been doing over and over again with disastrous results.

So many on here are blinkered by this so called passion and a Rangers man thing, thought you would have learnt your lessons with the Ferdinand appointment. Oh and for the record Holloway is a Bristol Rovers fan, always has been. This appointment was just a manager getting one last pay check, hence his demand for a longer contract than that given to JFH.

Let's see if he walks away without a pay off when we continue to struggle, I afraid you can bury your heads all you want but he and a Bircham appear hopelessly out of their depth.
                              You obviously have a dislike for Ollie, fair enough, there is no getting around the fact that this side has been assembled by others and it is terrible, I've been saying that for a long time! However he goes about it he deserves a chance to try to put this right whether any of us like him or not!
                              @gatorTFC

Comment

Best comment in quite a while!

Comment

Working...
                                X