No announcement yet.

Smithies - How much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets hope so, that would be a huge bonus for us.

Comment

I was at a function with Gareth Ainsworth earlier in the season and we spoke about Ingram. He is not the only one that believes Ingram is going to be a top keeper and reckoned at the time that he would be our first choice by the end of the season. Perhaps Gareth doesn't know how good Smithies is but he certainly gave his former player a rave review.
      #standuptocancer
      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
        I was at a function with Gareth Ainsworth earlier in the season and we spoke about Ingram. He is not the only one that believes Ingram is going to be a top keeper and reckoned at the time that he would be our first choice by the end of the season. Perhaps Gareth doesn't know how good Smithies is but he certainly gave his former player a rave review.
        Agree with all that mate. Its the only reason losing Smithies wouldnt be a major diasaster. As we have a superb deputy waiting to go straight in.
        Though i dont think any keeper is as good a penalty stopper as Smithies so for that reason alone he would be a big loss.

Comment

Huddersfield have a sell-on clause on Smithies....

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
            Term of contract shouldnt come into it if hes worth 10 its 10 how much is the lad pickford worth at sunderland? To be fair to spuds if he was there theyd get the most for him possible and so should we. Just cos hes got 18 months left has no impact on what we want now for him if villa want him for sweet fa wait 18 months. 4 mil wont get us much more than washington up top.
            Term of contract absolutely comes into it. You're effectively buying someone out of a contract with their current club so if they've got 4 years left it will be more than if they had 18 months.

Comment

Huddersfield Town have sell-on clause for Alex Smithies - Huddersfield Examiner #QPR http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/foot...atest-12409704

Photo published for Huddersfield Town transfer rumours latest: Club have sell-on clause for QPR's Alex Smithies
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                Term of contract absolutely comes into it. You're effectively buying someone out of a contract with their current club so if they've got 4 years left it will be more than if they had 18 months.
                Oh i agree to the point if he's on a longer contract then you buying his contract, however if you find a lad for 10k and he's world class your also paying what he's worth to you i.e. if you were looking to go up future value etc has to be added so on that basis i think he's the difference to us possibly staying up i personally wouldn't let him go for under 7-8 million more if you can get it. flipping heck didn't we pay 2 mill for polter who's pony imo

On the flip side i see villa just picked a keeper up from man utd on loan so might just be e cig fire!

Comment

Certainly not as good as Ron Springett or Phil Parkes

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                    Would hope for 6m+ but imagine we might agree to 4m+
                    Absolutely no point selling if the highest bid is 4m IMO.

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                    if we sell we need to go straight out and TRY to get the Ipswich keeper.
                    No need for that with Ingram, as he is excellent cover. The money would be better spent on a CM or striker.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                      Absolutely no point selling if the highest bid is 4m IMO.

No need for that with Ingram, as he is excellent cover. The money would be better spent on a CM or striker.
                      No point for anything under 10m i reckon. It's a shame as Ingram does seem to be very good, but Smithies is proven good, when we stay up, and push on next season, he will be worth getting on 10m.

However if he refuses to sign a contract that should by now be under his nose, 6m is a good shout considering.

Comment

I remember how at poll at the end of last season over preferred starting goalkeeper and if memory serves me correct it was very very close (Ingram may have won).

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                          I remember how at poll at the end of last season over preferred starting goalkeeper and if memory serves me correct it was very very close (Ingram may have won).
                          Ingram may well be very bloody good, but are we prepared to take the risk when we are literally flirting with relegation?

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                            Ingram may well be very bloody good, but are we prepared to take the risk when we are literally flirting with relegation?
                            Also that would leave us with only one goalkeeper.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                              Two Mel. We have Lumley too.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                                No it wouldn't, we are gifted in the keepers area thank god.

Comment

Working...
                                X