Smithies - How much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
    A pointless sale as far as we're concerned. We wont effectively address the lack of goals with £4million, and we'll struggle to bring in a goalkeeper of Smithies' ability for the same money - Ingram, as good as he is, is just not ready to jump straight in and make the position his own. We gain nothing from letting him go for that price.
    Well Mahrez cost £400K and Vardie £1million....... seems some clubs manage to find decent players at sensible prices

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
      £6m is what they pay for top 10 Premier League keeper. Smithies not worth that much.
      Wouldn't be far off tho. Plenty worse keepers in the Prem.

Comment

need to tie him and sylla down to a new contract. if no luck the we will have to sell.
        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
          £6m is what they pay for top 10 Premier League keeper. Smithies not worth that much.
          If clubs buy Alex McCarthy for £4m then I'd say £6m for Smithies is the minimum we should be looking at.

Comment

£5m

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
              If clubs buy Alex McCarthy for £4m then I'd say £6m for Smithies is the minimum we should be looking at.
              I would most certainly pay £2m more for Smithies that McCarthy. Smithies reminds me of Kasper Schmeichel. Remember when we played Leicester in the Championship? Bet we all could see Schmeichel is Premier League standard keeper. Yet clubs do not pay £6m for a keeper before he has proved himself in the Premier.

Comment

No price sell all the #### and keep the crown jewels and I agree with Hits get him and Sylla tied down now to protect their value so we do not end up with a Charlie Austin situation.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                  No price sell all the #### and keep the crown jewels and I agree with Hits get him and Sylla tied down now to protect their value so we do not end up with a Charlie Austin situation.
                  100% this.

Austin, bless him, is part of the reason we are where we are, his goals propped us up, when we should have been sinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                    need to tie him and sylla down to a new contract. if no luck the we will have to sell.
                    Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                    Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                    100% this.

Austin, bless him, is part of the reason we are where we are, his goals propped us up, when we should have been sinking.
                    Agreed with all of you.
                    QPR needs to build around its best players not sell them.

Raise funds by selling Chery and Caulker, then buy and perhaps loan one or two others that can improve the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                      With 18 months of a contract left? No.
                      Term of contract shouldnt come into it if hes worth 10 its 10 how much is the lad pickford worth at sunderland? To be fair to spuds if he was there theyd get the most for him possible and so should we. Just cos hes got 18 months left has no impact on what we want now for him if villa want him for sweet fa wait 18 months. 4 mil wont get us much more than washington up top.

Comment

Would be the only player I would be really disappointed if we lost, could well understand him wanting to move to Villa with Bruce rather than stay with us if the clubs agree a fee. Would hope for 6m+ but imagine we might agree to 4m+, if we sell we need to go straight out and TRY to get the Ipswich keeper.

Comment

Chery & Smithies sales would mean a decent profit made by our clueless DOF.

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                            Would be the only player I would be really disappointed if we lost, could well understand him wanting to move to Villa with Bruce rather than stay with us if the clubs agree a fee. Would hope for 6m+ but imagine we might agree to 4m+, if we sell we need to go straight out and TRY to get the Ipswich keeper.
                            Why when Ingram is also class?

Comment

I haven't seen too much of Ingram play to be honest, seen a lot of the Ipswich guy and I would rate him on a par at least with Smithies.

Comment

Villa have just signed a Manchester United keeper on loan.
                                Rumour over??

Comment

Working...
                                X