Controversial but ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    Plenty of us on here said we should have kept JFH till the end of the season. Reason being is that this kind of change, right in the middle of the season is a total gamble and inevitably disruptive. And now we're seeing that writ large. I think Les and the club bottled it, probably reading this bloody forum too much. Keeping JFH might have seen you and many others lose the plot, but what we needed, more than anything, was and still is stability. If we weren't before, now we're a basket case.

People are saying 'they're Jimmy's players', but JFH was under severe financial restraints - he had little choice but to shop in the lower leagues because he had such a tight budget. In my opinion, JFH was doing the best he could with pretty poor players. Now we're seeing the truth of that. His strategy was to keep it tight, and his plan was long-term stability, which meant the infamous drossball - but we weren't this bad. Maybe Olly will right the ship, but so far, it looks like a knee-jerk appointment designed, first and foremost, to appease the fans. That's not the way to run a club or a business.
    Hasslebaink spent near on 7.5 million this summer...hardly under severe financial restraint,probably only 5 or 6 teams spent more. Granted we shifted a lot of players but so does every club. Hasslebaink was right to get the bullet...the mistake was replacing a poor manager with yet another cheap and easy option.

Comment

I was glad when Jimmy was sacked and still am.

Lets give Olly 12 games in the league and see where we are. He is still learning about the players. Mistakes will be made, but as long as he recognises these mistakes and takes to the training pitches to rectify them I am relaxed

Comment

He's totally wrong man for the job and out of his depth as today's effort showed (applied to Birch too) but you can't sack him.

Have to hope he learns quickly, stops titting about doing interviews for media team and concentrates on sorting is out starting at the back and making us hard to beat as currently we're worse side then we were under JFH (clearly worse) and have gone backwards some distance.

Ollie stop trying to be everyone's friend and the likable chappy and start being a manager

Comment

Originally posted by Southport View Post
          I was glad when Jimmy was sacked and still am.

Lets give Olly 12 games in the league and see where we are. He is still learning about the players. Mistakes will be made, but as long as he recognises these mistakes and takes to the training pitches to rectify them I am relaxed
          Hold on mate, we lost to a team today that has picked up 1 point out of the last 36 available.......1 draw and 11 losses in 12 matches before today, just think about that for a minute.

I dunno about you but I'm panicking a bit. Hasselbaink was dishing up some dire football but at least he has picking up enough points to keep our heads above water. I'm not even convinced Ollie is capable of getting us to do that. He's only had 1 good half since he came back and that was against 10 men.

I hate to say it but I could see Holloway never winning another game as QPR manager!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
            Hold on mate, we lost to a team today that has picked up 1 point out of the last 36 available.......1 draw and 11 losses in 12 matches before today, just think about that for a minute.

I dunno about you but I'm panicking a bit. Hasselbaink was dishing up some dire football but at least he has picking up enough points to keep our heads above water. I'm not even convinced Ollie is capable of getting us to do that. He's only had 1 good half since he came back and that was against 10 men.

I hate to say it but I could see Holloway never winning another game as QPR manager!
            The inconsistency of fans is jaw dropping. We have been appalling for all four games he has been in charge, gone backwards and lost to three of the worst sides in the league on current form managing one goal in reply but people turn blind eye!!! Why???

Had last three results been JFH the usual suspects would be out banging the drum so where are you fellas be consistent and call it as it is. The football is worse, we're disorganised and on that days effort rudderless at top

This is a new level of Drossball the platinum version but it appears ok because it's Olliedross

Comment

Westy but for that Red card it would be 4 in a row! Ipswich away was a worry as I could not work out who was more clueless Ollie or the players.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                Westy but for that Red card it would be 4 in a row! Ipswich away was a worry as I could not work out who was more clueless Ollie or the players.
                I agree good first half against Norwich awful second half.

He could not have picked four better games to take over from and he's totally f ucked it up. Should have been undeafeated and looking at four wins in four it was perfect run of games for new manager.

Villa Brighton Derby to come reckon each of them will put two or three past us

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                  Personally I am (and always have been) of the opinion that you do not sack a manager unless you have a better manager lined up. Sorry but Ollie ain't a better manager than Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink. Different sort of manager, yes but certainly not a better one and not one equipped to get the best out of the type of footballers that JFH has signed. I said it as soon as we were linked with Holloway, it's the wrong appointment. We've dropped an absolute clanger in my opinion!
                  How the hell on earth can you come out with that statement when jimmys done bugger all compared to ollie, thats beyond me it really is lol, yeah jimmy has done loads as a manager lol
                  http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                    How the hell on earth can you come out with that statement when jimmys done bugger all compared to ollie, thats beyond me it really is lol, yeah jimmy has done loads as a manager lol
                    How did I know you'd pipe up about Holloway?

Sorry mate but he's a rubbish manager. I understand why fans have a bit of love for Ollie cos of what he did 10 years ago but we were a different club with different expectations and a very different group of players back then.

Today we have a squad full of creative players who like to play football and a few of them are a bit temperamental. Ollie is not a tactician, all he knows in motivation and man management. He's not the right manager for the job in hand and we should have stuck with JFH until the right man was identified!

Comment

Jfh won a league title with Burton so hardly nothing .Holloway started managing in 1996 , Jimmy started in 2013 so Holloway got over 17 years on jimmy so maybe we can compare one jfh done the same amount of time

Comment

We will deal with Derby on Wednesday, and everything will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          The inconsistency of fans is jaw dropping. We have been appalling for all four games he has been in charge, gone backwards and lost to three of the worst sides in the league on current form managing one goal in reply but people turn blind eye!!! Why???

Had last three results been JFH the usual suspects would be out banging the drum so where are you fellas be consistent and call it as it is. The football is worse, we're disorganised and on that days effort rudderless at top

This is a new level of Drossball the platinum version but it appears ok because it's Olliedross
                          The one thing you are forgetting is Holloway is a legend and Bircham well he's a real fan!!!! You couldn't make it up the whole clubs a basket case!!

Comment

Ironically, I thought it was the wrong appointment but started changing my mind when I saw the opinions on here and his interview.

Comment

All i can say is gordon bennett if ollies starts doing well theres going to be alot of embarrised people on here! seriously cant believe 4 games in his reign and this lol, we was on a slide when jimmy was fired anyway and playing rubbish!
                              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

All i can say is gordon bennett if ollies starts doing well theres going to be alot of embarrised people on here! seriously cant believe 4 games in his reign and this lol, we was on a slide when jimmy was fired anyway and playing rubbish!
                                I'd have money on him not winning another game.

I will add that I hope I'm wrong but I have very little confidence that he'll be able to get this squad playing for him!

Comment

Working...
                                X