Worst QPR side in years.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    Nope, we were watching the same game Wests. The point is against Norwich we kept them out and held on for the victory. They were always going to have a spell where they came back into the game, that's normal and to be expected as they were desperate for a share of the points too.

Until the sending off there'd been chances at both ends. No way did they have the upper hand IMO.

Wests, the problem is you seem unwilling to give Ollie a chance after only three games. As Jimmy Rabbit says, you have to give any new manager the license and the time to experiment and try things out a bit whilst he's assessing his squad. Therefore for you to constantly compare him to JFH is illogical and unreasonable. You're a great poster usually, so it surprises me you're struggling to grasp such a basic point.

In this day and age for many fans to show a new manager some time and patience I do understand can be an alien concept, but that certainly doesn't negate the fact that this is precisely what fans need to show Holloway. If they do not then it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, and it will become an absolute certainty that he will never succeed. The way some people are judging him so harshly after just 3 games only confirms to me their own blind-spot.
    I think he like 98% want Ollie to succeed but he's just pointing out Ollie isn't going to hit the ground running nor any of the very best managers would be able to with this lot he's got , he rightly states the football is still dross but he's got what he's got which isn't that good a hand he's been dealt ### and the board have rushed into this latest option and things arn't working any better , Westy is being honest about what he sees I'm sure behind the scenes Ollie would agree with him that he faces a very difficult task

And oh yes mate. his point about Wolves not being that good backs even more how difficult and time consuming Ollie's job is going to be
    Last edited by dogsrrs; 04-12-2016, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
      Let's stop the panic, we lost the last match because we went down to 10 men. Ollie would've had 2 wins and a loss but we got unlucky.

We have to give him time and get behind him right now, we will get better and better with each game.

People saying that the players we have are not good enough, if they read that it isn't helping us.

I do think they are good enough, let Ollie do his work and they will prove it
      Well said. Most of them seem to be very low on confidence now.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Rotherham is huge game and I would be tempted to say must win more so for the team rather then Ollie. As Ipswich, wolves and Rotherham should have seen us pick up I would have said minimum seven points but balls it up and we could cone away with none from three games we should have been looking to go undefeated in and challenge for all three.

Time for players to stand and up show same amount of pride and enthusiasm as we're seeing from the touchline

Comment

Rotherham is huge game and I would be tempted to say must win more so for the team rather then Ollie. As Ipswich, wolves and Rotherham should have seen us pick up I would have said minimum seven points but balls it up and we could cone away with none from three games we should have been looking to go undefeated in and challenge for all three.

Time for players to stand and up show same amount of pride and enthusiasm as we're seeing from the touchline

Comment

Such a good post I said it twice ha

Comment

I don't think it's quite that bad. We have, as for every one of the last seasons for god knows how long, implemented our revolving door policy. Once again we have a squad packed full of strangers and worse, players picked because they're young and (apparently) promising. Just to add to the lack of continuity, we've sacked another manager halfway though a season (something else that has no track record of working for us). This isn't a recipe for success. We're once again in for a drab season ending somewhere safe (ish) and playing pretty rubbish football, with maybe more hope next season coming from hopefully a bit of continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                Rotherham is huge game

Comment

Lose to Rotherham and the Ollie love in will be over imo. So it really is a huge game for the manager. Dont think a defeat will relegate us though.

Comment

In my honest opinion, we just haven't got good enough players - simple as that. I've started to realise it more and more in recent times.

They give plenty of heart, but there just isn't enough quality.
                    The best we can do is continue to back and support them. Getting on there backs won't help, especially with this group - as they aren't good enough as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                      In my honest opinion, we just haven't got good enough players - simple as that. I've started to realise it more and more in recent times.

The best we can do is continue to back and support them. Getting on there backs won't help, especially with this group - as they aren't good enough as it is.
                      Been saying it for a long time - we are BANG average.

Comment

That's my opinion with this lot we might be asking to much of the managers. What's the saying you can't polish a ,,,,,

Comment

If we can't beat Rotherham the signs are worrying. Yes Ollie needs time in charge to implement his plans on the team, training, etc.. but it worries me slightly is only 3 points against teams all on terrible runs of form. If we can't beat the sh1te and out of form we do need to be concerned about that otherwise there is a real chance we will be well and truly in a relegation battle this season

Comment

Spot on. But regarding the last line, these are QPR fans you're talking to. Success now now now now now now now!!! And if it doesn't come fast enough we'll boo players because they aren't good enough!!
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

rotheram will be thinking qpr are shite
                              R's

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                                I think our side 2-4 years ago was far worse than our side now austin aside. On paper we had a side that looked capable of challenging for the uefa cup, on the pitch we had a side that wasn't even capable of running a mcdonalds.

I haven't supported qpr for as long as most people on this site but the moneybags era was a terrible and embarrasing time to support us to the point i didn't care about our results because most of our players didn't give a crap about the fans or the club, bosingwa and redknapl laughing after we'd been relegated still infuriates me to this day.
                                At the end of the day football clubs are a beautiful thing with most in the leagues being 100+ years old with fans being born and dying as a dedicated supporter who travel all over the country following their love for their entire lives through thick and thin yet those guys didn't care about that one bit.

At the end of the day we could be in a way worse situation than we are now and at least the club is trying to return to its roots and developing a side like we used to before. We've found some gems already and we'll find more
                                best quote in quite a while!
                                We may only have a squad that could manage a rank in the top 10-14 but IMO we don't have to go for playoffs this year! Lets go step by step with players that CARE! thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X