Chery and Luongo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    Enough flashes from N'Gbakoto last night, IMO, to suggest he'll be a better option than most up front once he's got game time under his belt.
    Not wrong mate, thought Yeni did well when he came on. Added that little bit of pace we were lacking and caused problems.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Seen a stat somewhere, Chery has created more chances than anyone in the champs and Prem.
      "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        Smithies
        Onouha Hall Lynch
        Wsocek (sp?) Sandro Luongo Boysick (sp?) Robinson
        Sylla Washington.
        Pretty much what I'd go with too. Think Chery needs a rest as he's played in almost every game this season.

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
        Seen a stat somewhere, Chery has created more chances than anyone in the champs and Prem.
        Chery has created more chances than any other player in the league this season.

I'd look at the sh*t forwards rather than the one player that actually does something in this side.
        Interesting how so many seem to overlook this.

Enough flashes from N'Gbakoto last night, IMO, to suggest he'll be a better option than most up front once he's got game time under his belt.
        Agree. Between him, Sylla and Conor I think there's goals there once Ollie has had a bit longer to work with them.

Comment

When the other nine players in the team play well those two tend to play OK. We are a strange team really..
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
            So we should get rid of Polter, Washington and Sylla? Do corners count as chances created?

Comment

Keep hearing this stat so give me five chances he's created that he's put on a plate for our players other then goals???

Think chances created very much depends on the opinion of the collator of what a chance created is!! very subjective area as what one one person considers a chance created another person will not after all we were told his missed pen was not actually classed as a chance

Comment

If nothing else we should take away the corners from Chery! or stand or our players at the Far side of the penalty area as thats where he puts it every single time...without fail.!

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                  If nothing else we should take away the corners from Chery! or stand or our players at the Far side of the penalty area as thats where he puts it every single time...without fail.!
                  his corners are dire , over hits most of them , needs to learn we haven't got peter crouch at the back post anymore .

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Keep hearing this stat so give me five chances he's created that he's put on a plate for our players other then goals???

Think chances created very much depends on the opinion of the collator of what a chance created is!! very subjective area as what one one person considers a chance created another person will not after all we were told his missed pen was not actually classed as a chance
                    To be honest i have seen him give the ball to Washington in great positions many times, CW then tends to mess up the chance by taking too long or losing the ball (watch out for this next game). You could argue if we had better strikers they would be finishing those chances!
                    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

I'd love to try a game without Chery in the side.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                        Is it just me that thinks they play like a couple of teenage girls?
                        Just hit nail on head for the modern game footballer!!........ although tbh mate cant help but think Luongo's got something about him.....
                        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

It's not remotely subjective, a chance created is a pass or delivery that has directly led to a shot on goal.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            It's not remotely subjective, a chance created is a pass or delivery that has directly led to a shot on goal.
                            Nas, a pass that leads directly to a shot depends entirely on who receives it. Some players like Chery, will shoot regardless, even if not really in a position to do so. Whereas Luongo will faff about trying to set himself up and end up getting tackled as opposed to not shooting when he had the opportunity.

I would imagine Wests has been around plenty long enough to realise this, so his point was entirely valid IMO. This is exactly where statistical analysis falls flat on it's face.

Comment

One thing about Chery is that he works hard and never hides. He always shows for the ball. As much at 0-0 as at 0-2. Think he needs someone decent up front to hold the ball and for him to play off (as much as Washington needs that person to bounce off). That person isn't Polter. Nor it seems is it Sylla. So, that said, given our squad, I think we have to play 352 with wingbacks and whatever steel we can muster in the three in the middle in the form of Sandro and Boysiuk plus Luongo

Comment

77 Chery never hides? Preston at Home he went missing and last Saturday he was seen at Ipswich Station getting the 16.45 train back to Liverpool Street. We have been spoilt in recent times with good game changing number 10's and unfortunately he is not in that kind of bracket. We are a very average team and the odd party trick from him will make him stand out due to those around being less technically gifted.

Comment

Working...
                                X