• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The General View Post
    People already slating the appointment of Holloway

Maybe they should knock it on head and get another hobby

Give him a chance for ffs or go support Fulham
    This is a very uninspiring appointment if true.
    He will need to get off to a great start for many of us to get behind him.
    Afterall, he wasn't that great in the Championship with QPR. Relegated with a whimper when he began and was midtable after winning promotion.

Comment

All done and dusted so get behind him

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
        To be fair Rowett and Clement would have been great but are not coming

At least we have someone that will make Saturday's more fun win or lose

Considering the dross we have had over the last year that everyone has been moaning about understandably so.
        Did you watch QPR play when he was in charge during his final season?
        He played Santos up front for crying out loud. Other times he played Gallen and Cureton as forwards andhad the defence and midfielders hitting long high balls towards them.
        Fun, you must be joking.

Comment

Some crazy and bordering on childish behaviour and comments about Holloway. Many of you seem to think that we are a big club who can just get who we like. How do we know that Clement, Rowett or even Sherwood would do a good job at QPR. The only two managers in the last 16 years that have done well here and achieved anything (apart from our wembley play off with Redknapp) is Warnock and one Ian Holloway. And he did it in much worse circumstances and a much less budget than we have now. How do we know that Clement, Rowett and Sherwood said thanks but no thanks. Holloway is nowhere near the worst choice we could have made and actually has a half decent record in management with clubs smallish budgets. Give the bloke some respect and slack.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
            Totally over the top reaction mate. People are quite rightly underwhelmed by this appointment. It's faintly farking ridiculous to be honest. But of course we'll get behind the man IF he's appointed. But for now, we're expressing how we feel about it. That's fair enough in my book. No need for the thought police.
            This, but I guess some seem to think we should happy with such an appointment. Ffs they would have been better off appointing Warnock last November if they wanted a short term fix.

Comment

Think he has a better squad now , it's all about the players come the end of the day , football is different now the championship is far harder now with the money filtering down ,let's give the man a chance at least, say 6 hours or so?
              Don't know how true this next statement is but told Nathan Jones was being looked at (Luton town)

Comment

Would not have chosen him but he is with us now so will back him all the way to be a success.

Comment

What makes people think Holloway will be a short term fix. Last time he was here was for 5 years and was unlucky to have lost his job when he did.
                  Probably the same people moaning when Warnock was appointed.

Comment

He was a lot younger then and different circumstances were in place at the club. In the end it was time to go as he had gone as far as he could with that set of players.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                      What makes people think Holloway will be a short term fix. Last time he was here was for 5 years and was unlucky to have lost his job when he did.
                      Probably the same people moaning when Warnock was appointed.
                      Absolutely, and look how he got a pretty average Blackpool team playing very attractive football

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                        Some crazy and bordering on childish behaviour and comments about Holloway. Many of you seem to think that we are a big club who can just get who we like. How do we know that Clement, Rowett or even Sherwood would do a good job at QPR. The only two managers in the last 16 years that have done well here and achieved anything (apart from our wembley play off with Redknapp) is Warnock and one Ian Holloway. And he did it in much worse circumstances and a much less budget than we have now. How do we know that Clement, Rowett and Sherwood said thanks but no thanks. Holloway is nowhere near the worst choice we could have made and actually has a half decent record in management with clubs smallish budgets. Give the bloke some respect and slack.
                        Name the decent jobs he has done in management.
                        Relegated and promoted mid table with QPR; nothing much at Plymouth: sacked by Leicester.
                        Promoted with Blackpool then relegated amd almost relegated before leaving and finally relegated or about to before getting sacked by Millwall.

I am feeling disappointed with this, but of course will give my support and hope he proves me wrong.
                        Last edited by stanistheman; 10-11-2016, 11:18 PM.

Comment

He done a very good job at Blackpool got them into the prem league and play offs the season they were relegated , and all of this against the chairman who was selling his best players and not reinvesting in the side

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                            Did you watch QPR play when he was in charge during his final season?
                            He played Santos up front for crying out loud. Other times he played Gallen and Cureton as forwards andhad the defence and midfielders hitting long high balls towards them.
                            Fun, you must be joking.
                            Cureton and gallen were strikers & we had no money back then, shocked at comments on here towards ollie, hope if he has got the job he prives everyone whos slagging him off wrong tbh
                            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                              Name the decent jobs he has done in management.
                              Relegated and promoted mid table with QPR; nothing much at Plymouth: sacked by Leicester.
                              Promoted with Blackpool then relegated amd almost relegated before leaving and finally relegated or about to before getting sacked by Millwall.

I am feeling disappointed with this, but of course will give my support and hope he proves me wrong.
                              Promoted with Blackpool and Palace and got to another play off final with that nutter at blackpool in charge. Keeping Millwall in this league was no small job as well!!

Experienced manager who knows and loves the club and has actually a pretty decent CV.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                                Totally over the top reaction mate. People are quite rightly underwhelmed by this appointment. It's faintly farking ridiculous to be honest. But of course we'll get behind the man IF he's appointed. But for now, we're expressing how we feel about it. That's fair enough in my book. No need for the thought police.
                                Exactly ,,, I cannot believe how some people are going on as if it's Juergen klopp coming in ,,, people have very short memories,

I remember some of the football being played under him - it was dire ,,

Why can't we move on without reemploying old favourites ,,, when will we ever learn !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X