No announcement yet.

May I be the first to congratulate Holloway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlie Adam always had the ability just not the opportunity to show it and yes he came on under him. The problem when you highlight his success someone will look for a faliure. He is a great man manager who will shoot a rocket up the #### of these players which is no bad thing and will also unite the squad as one.

Comment

Yes he has had some not so good times as manager, who hasn't. You can't skin a bloke because he has had some failures.
      Play offs with Bristol Rovers then 7th place.
      Play offs with QPR, promoted with QPR.
      Promoted with Blackpool, play offs with Blackpool.
      Promoted with Palace.
      If that isn't decent then I don't know what is.
      What has Clement, Rowett, Sherwood and any of the other names we are supposed to have interviewed or been interested in achieved in management.
      Not saying this time round will be a success for Holloway but he definitely doesn't deserve the treatment he is getting from some.

Comment

Originally posted by skranger View Post
        And do you recall his time with us,millwall and palace ? ?
        Didn't he take Palace up?

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
          Cureton and gallen were strikers & we had no money back then, shocked at comments on here towards ollie, hope if he has got the job he prives everyone whos slagging him off wrong tbh
          Yes they were strikers, but not tall nor good in the air, yet he had the players hitting long high balls to them. Nothing to do with money, but tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
            Absolutely, and look how he got a pretty average Blackpool team playing very attractive football
            Played good attacking football at Palace too

Comment

Originally posted by skranger View Post
              And do you recall his time with us,millwall and palace ? ?
              Palace, they weren't a bad side to watch at all under Holloway, you can always turn an argument in football and look on the down side in any coach if you so want to , it's already been said but he dragged us up from almost oblivion and got us back in the championship and finished 10 th first time back was it? With far less than what he has now

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                Didn't he take Palace up?
                Yes and didnt he lose the plot with them big time

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                  Some crazy and bordering on childish behaviour and comments about Holloway. Many of you seem to think that we are a big club who can just get who we like. How do we know that Clement, Rowett or even Sherwood would do a good job at QPR. The only two managers in the last 16 years that have done well here and achieved anything (apart from our wembley play off with Redknapp) is Warnock and one Ian Holloway. And he did it in much worse circumstances and a much less budget than we have now. How do we know that Clement, Rowett and Sherwood said thanks but no thanks. Holloway is nowhere near the worst choice we could have made and actually has a half decent record in management with clubs smallish budgets. Give the bloke some respect and slack.
                  The club has wealthy owners, they could pay to employ a decent manager who can build a team.
                  But they choose to employ a novice DoF and managers known to him.

Comment

The bit concerns me is Bircham as assistant

Comment

• Stan you are forgetting he was also a easy and cheaper option.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                        Charlie Adam always had the ability just not the opportunity to show it and yes he came on under him. The problem when you highlight his success someone will look for a faliure. He is a great man manager who will shoot a rocket up the #### of these players which is no bad thing and will also unite the squad as one.
                        Charlie Adam was a handful that Holloway saw as a match winner and played him deeper in midfield and he became a pivotal part of the way Blackpool played

Comment

• Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                          What makes people think Holloway will be a short term fix. Last time he was here was for 5 years and was unlucky to have lost his job when he did.
                          Probably the same people moaning when Warnock was appointed.
                          Unlucky? The team was losing games and playing shite football too.

Comment

• No one has doubted his man management skills and I hope he does a brilliant job and like the man. My gripe is why did we end our search in a studio of sky?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                              The bit concerns me is Bircham as assistant
                              Now that I am prepared to go along with , as such I thought he may have promoted a Furlong as his number 2 or maybe even a more experienced coach
                              Also I wonder whether he will be overall manager or will he be a coach , will he have final say in transfers ?
                              Last edited by winalotto; 10-11-2016, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                                Promoted with Blackpool and Palace and got to another play off final with that nutter at blackpool in charge. Keeping Millwall in this league was no small job as well!!

Experienced manager who knows and loves the club and has actually a pretty decent CV.
                                Sorry, I forgot about Palace.
                                As I said, I will give my support, but feel uninspired by this news.

Comment

Working...
                                X