New man decided?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
    You didn't enjoy Holloways previous reign then ginge? Watching a side with Rangers fans in it, a team who gave their all

You preferred the £100 grand a week w@nkers in the prem
    I feel like you're misunderstanding what his qualms were with the time.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I really do think the fans seem confused as to what they actually want.

First we wanted to be billy big bo11ox, buying top name stars with a high profile manager - failed
      So we tried it again (HR) - failed
      Then we wanted our rangers back - youth coming through and a progressive manager
      CR was appointed and tried - failed
      Then we wanted sensible spending , get rid of the high earners and a progressive manager (JFH) - failed
      Now people seem split over whether we need an experienced older head or a young manager to build.

Both sides are shot down - younger managers don't have enough experience, older managers are dinosaurs and haven't kept up with the modern game.

One things is certain is that most will be unhappy with the club no matter what it does.

Ollie did great things with very little but went slightly mad in the end. He loves the club, has kept up with the modern game as a pundit. He understands the fact that we have to be a selling club with out limited gates...

I say welcome him back and try and enjoy it for once.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        I'm not a fan of the appointment of someone who's said that they don't enjoy being in the prem (I recall he said this when he left Palace). I'm not a fan of the idea of going back into our history books looking for someone. But damn it if I don't go out there and support the team and the manager 100% from the get go and I'd hope everyone else, irrespective of whether you agree with Ollie coming in or not, would support him, his staff and our players.
        well said young man

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
          I really do think the fans seem confused as to what they actually want.

First we wanted to be billy big bo11ox, buying top name stars with a high profile manager - failed
          So we tried it again (HR) - failed
          Then we wanted our rangers back - youth coming through and a progressive manager
          CR was appointed and tried - failed
          Then we wanted sensible spending , get rid of the high earners and a progressive manager (JFH) - failed
          Now people seem split over whether we need an experienced older head or a young manager to build.

Both sides are shot down - younger managers don't have enough experience, older managers are dinosaurs and haven't kept up with the modern game.

One things is certain is that most will be unhappy with the club no matter what it does.

Ollie did great things with very little but went slightly mad in the end. He loves the club, has kept up with the modern game as a pundit. He understands the fact that we have to be a selling club with out limited gates...

I say welcome him back and try and enjoy it for once.
          We 100% must support whomever comes in, I've always stuck by the progressive young manager route, but as you said, Olly at least hasn't gone out of the game for an extended period. If he comes here, I'm sure he'll succeed, my only concern is if we get to the prem with him, will he have the same fire, because as I said, he didn't enjoy the prem experience with Palace.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

We 100% must support whomever comes in, I've always stuck by the progressive young manager route, but as you said, Olly at least hasn't gone out of the game for an extended period. If he comes here, I'm sure he'll succeed, my only concern is if we get to the prem with him, will he have the same fire, because as I said, he didn't enjoy the prem experience with Palace.
            Well if he gets us there he can resign and not have to suffer the premier - leaving with everyone singing his praise. Win win.

Comment

Not over the moon but would of been in tatters if it was Powell or Robinson.

Comment

Agree Kevin, Feel exactly the same but in no way am I shocked anymore by this current board.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                  Well if he gets us there he can resign and not have to suffer the premier - leaving with everyone singing his praise. Win win.
                  I get that, but for me, you want to maintain a continuity going up, if we go up and effectively have to start over from the prem, is that really a good thing? When we had JFH, the vision was that he'd grow with the club and develop with the club. So when we got back into the prem, he'd be a part of the club. Perhaps the benefits of having Les can be seen from Olly coming in, as he'd supply some continuity, but it'll still be different.

Anyway, I hope it works out and I can't wait to see us at home again, whomever is in charge.

Comment

That was one long gardening leave.

Comment

Must be greener than Ascot racecourse

Comment

10 years gardening leave. Lol
                        TBF it was 'mad dog'Palladini who stuck him on gardening leave, the then equivalent of the Dirty Leeds chairman today

Comment

Gianni Paladini the rogue of all rogues who eventually through more luck than judgement came good for us.

Comment

I feel like you're misunderstanding what his qualms were with the time.
                            No I think ginge misunderstood what the previous poster said when he mentioned what it was like under Holloway last time. Of course the previous poster didn't enjoy the bad times when we were skint but what Holloway did was build a siege mentality and bring us all together and I think that's what he was getting at.

I'm not saying he's going to do that again but you get all these so called tactical geniuses and managers that prepare meticulously who end up boring the life out of the players or become so Sargent Major types that players feel like they are back at school where as Holloway in my opinion is a man manager who tries and gets the best out of people.

Look at what Klopp has done at Liverpool, look at how it seems his relationship is with his players and how they are responding and then look at Mourinho at Man Utd.
                            Last edited by Bigdave; 11-11-2016, 07:17 AM.

Comment

He will certainly give the place a lift which is badly needed so his appointment should be enbraced as we have it whether you want or agree with it or not. He needs to hit the ground running as the league position and spirit needs addressing now.

Comment

Nail well and truly hit on the head!

Comment

Working...
                                X