How does warnock do it !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    I wonder how many would bet on Cardiff now finishing above us?

Exactly. Too much convenient revisionism regarding that.

Didn't have a honeymoon period at Rotherham. Did a great job at keeping them up. Highly proven manager at this level.

Agree stan, but why would we need a experienced manager to take us to a playoff final or promotion when we can have the luxury of sitting for a few seasons in around mid table with quality attacking football under jimmy floyd knowing say in a few seasons we`ll decide we`re ready to go up lol, as nas says if we reached a playoff final under warnock or someone else say experienced or got promoted - what then ? lol god forbid that would be no good! we dont need any of that promotion playoff buisness
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Didn't have a honeymoon period at Rotherham. Did a great job at keeping them up. Highly proven manager at this level.
      So he can't have a honeymoon period at a new club??

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        So he can't have a honeymoon period at a new club??
        Your use of the term honeymoon period suggesting it will go pear-shaped once that time has passed. In NW's case, at this level, no way is that a given and if anything highly unlikely based on his track record.

Comment

Your use of the term honeymoon period suggesting it will go pear-shaped once that time has passed. In NW's case, at this level, no way is that a given and if anything highly unlikely based on his track record.
          Maybe not but I hope it all goes pear shaped and we finish above them.

Comment

• Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
            He is a very talented championship manager. The issue is we no longer need short term, we need a man who will stay and work on the football, the youth squad and finances and JFH, Les and Hoos are doing that. There is no rush to promotion. Warnock has never really been able to transfer it to the premiership.
            agree about Warnock and disagree about JFH and Les working on the football - they are taking this team backwards.

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
            Simple. He's a brilliant man manager, who picks the best players in their favoured positions, organises the team quickly, explains to his side what he expects from them and ensures that the better players in his team see most of the ball by playing direct. Tactically he may get found out in the PL, but the bloke's a terrific (and IMO vastly under-rated) manager.
            Agree 100%.
            Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

100% this. Immense manager who we should of brought back.

P***es all over JFH as a manager and imo would of built a squad capable of being promoted. All this he's short term is rubbish as I believe he's signed on to Cardiff for 2 years. Warnock would build a Burnley type of side that's capable of getting out of this league and would compete at the bottom end of the prem.

I stand by what I said the other day and I bet Cardiff finish above us if we keep JFH.
            Again, I agree. Warnock could have guided QPR back up to the Premiership and the club could then have either kept him on or did what Watford have and appointed someone else for a longer term Premiership plan.

Yes, Cardiff will finish above QPR and may even get into or close to the play-offs.

Comment

• Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
              He is a very talented championship manager. The issue is we no longer need short term, we need a man who will stay and work on the football, the youth squad and finances and JFH, Les and Hoos are doing that. There is no rush to promotion. Warnock has never really been able to transfer it to the premiership.
              Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
              Simple. He's a brilliant man manager, who picks the best players in their favoured positions, organises the team quickly, explains to his side what he expects from them and ensures that the better players in his team see most of the ball by playing direct. Tactically he may get found out in the PL, but the bloke's a terrific (and IMO vastly under-rated) manager.
              Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

100% this. Immense manager who we should of brought back.

P***es all over JFH as a manager and imo would of built a squad capable of being promoted. All this he's short term is rubbish as I believe he's signed on to Cardiff for 2 years. Warnock would build a Burnley type of side that's capable of getting out of this league and would compete at the bottom end of the prem.

I stand by what I said the other day and I bet Cardiff finish above us if we keep JFH.
              Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              What's predictable is people forgetting what our goals are. Do we want a short term fix? Are we in need of one? The answer, is no. We need a long term solution. That is not Warnock. It is more likely to be Jimmy than Warnock.
              Agree that Warnock is not a long term solution, but QPR are going nowhere with JFH.
              He will probably be at QPR for 2 more seasons with mid table or lower results before they wise up and get rid (thats if they are able to stay awake).

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                Luongo, Chery, Sylla, Ned, Caulker, Pawel, Smithies and Perch (if he got some consistency) are I reckon pretty much capable of going up right now and being regulars in a bottom half/mid table side. In terms of potential, I can see Hall, Bidwell, Ariel, Cousins, Yeni all being capable
                So according to you we already have a core of players which would manage in the Premier League? Then why do you want to build slowly? Do you think those players need to improve more under JFH or is it only that you think JFH isn't ready for the Premier League?

Comment

No way is it a "given" that he will succeed at Cardiff either.....just look at his time at Leeds.

Comment

No way is it a "given" that he will succeed at Cardiff either.....just look at his time at Leeds.
                    Maybe, but how much was that down to their crazy interfering chairman?

Comment

• The players at QPR now are not good enough to suceed in the Premiership - they are struggling to even make the top 10 in the Championship.

As for JFH being a long term solution - you must be joking. He still insists on playing the same system that has struggled for goals all season bar the opening 3 games that included 4 penalties. He has struggled for wins during his time at the club.

Warnock is not a long term solution, but I think many of us would take winning propromon and in the meantime looking for a longer term option.

Still, Les knew best and appointed JFH.

Comment

Career win rate of over 40%. 36% at Leeds, hardly the disaster u make it out to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                          Career win rate of over 40%. 36% at Leeds, hardly the disaster u make it out to be.
                          Did I say it was a disaster?

My point is people are saying he'll get Cardiff to top 6 maybe even promoted - pretty much as they did when he was at Leeds. Just don't think anything is a "given" in football.

Comment

• Are we sure it was Les that brought in JFH rather than having Warnock continue as manager? Somebody brought Warnock to the club again and I was under the impression it was Les. Surely this was with the thought of him taking over if Ramsey left. I am not sure what Tony's relationship with Warnock was after sacking him. I thought there was a certain amount of animosity. I remember Warnock saying at the time that he was disappointed that Tony did not speak to him personally and sent him an e-mail sacking him. So is it possible Tony didn't want Warnock back as manager?

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                              Are we sure it was Les that brought in JFH rather than having Warnock continue as manager? Somebody brought Warnock to the club again and I was under the impression it was Les. Surely this was with the thought of him taking over if Ramsey left. I am not sure what Tony's relationship with Warnock was after sacking him. I thought there was a certain amount of animosity. I remember Warnock saying at the time that he was disappointed that Tony did not speak to him personally and sent him an e-mail sacking him. So is it possible Tony didn't want Warnock back as manager?
                              Three points:

1) It was Ramsey's suggestion to bring in NW to help out, as they'd worked together at Palace. He was hired in an advisory capacity to work alongside LF.

2) He was put in temporary charge when CR got sacked, on the agreement it was for 8 games only, until they found a permanent replacement.

3) First time around it was Phil Beard who was sent round to NW's house to tell him he'd been sacked, on the instructions of TF. NW was justifiable angered at the time because he knew that TF had gullibly allowed the likes of agents to get into his ear, who'd managed to persuade him to get rid of NW. It was no coincidence that Joorabchian then shortly appeared on the scene...

Comment

1) It was Ramsey's suggestion to bring in NW to help out, as they'd worked together at Palace.
                                You sure about that? Chris Ramsey working at Palace....

Comment

Working...
                                X