How does warnock do it !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    Have to agree with you Jimmy it seems a bit far fetched even for Nas. Love to know how he has come to the conclusion that this Yeni is a premier league class player based on what he has shown so far for us. As for Perch and Onuhua say no more as neither are upto that standard.
    Caulker hardly set the premiership alight (except when he came on as a striker for Liverpool).

Comment

We must be wrong as Nas has said they are all in that class as they all showed against Newcastle. A team according to Nas have a similar class of player to us bottom half of the premier league.

Comment

Last edited by 1973 ranger; 23-10-2016, 10:40 PM.

Comment

As much as some knock Warnock he got us up with some style. He just kept things simple like don't pass to AT in our own half.
          Also when we went up under him I thought (even for the short period he was in post) he was probably our best premiership manager post 2011 and I had more faith than so called established premiership managers like MH or HR and unlike those two he had to do the job knowing he wasn't backed.
          As to his 2nd coming he was still more impressive than any other manager we have had in the last 20 yrs.
          I just think now a days it's all about stats blah blah when in fact footballs a simple game and a manager like NW that can simply motivate average or below average players can transform a club.
          You look now at substitutions with coaches bringing out laptops/endless piece of papers/tablets like its American football but football isnt complicated like the NFL. Clough managed to conquer Europe without all this nonsense as did SAF ...All this rubbish about Super managers,.. PG made his name at a club who had Xavi, Iniesta and Messi in their prime my daughters 3 legged cat could have won the champions league with that team.
          JM just bullied and used American collegiate mentality of no one likes us to bring success but now that's been found out and players can't be bothered to buy into his small club mentality when they are playing for the biggest club in the world. In todays match all the stats were in Utds favour or level but they still lost 4-0.
          All these super managers analysing the game blah blah blah don't add anything when it gets tough. The foxes made up of no hopers and a manager that was seen as a failure managed to run away with the title not under over analysing the game or statistics but by playing the game simple ...now the big 5s response is to spend half a billion to get the title back that's not science.
          In European championship countries like Wales and Iceland that again kept things simple with managers that didn't over complicate matters again did well.
          My concern with JFH is he tries to over complicate matters and players aren't really sure of what they are doing, I don't think NW would have had this problem but football nowadays seems to favour the JFH type of approach whether it's Neville who can analyse a game and appears perfectly sensible but is as disaster when it came to the real thing or JM who's just made a career by making out he knows what he's doing. If I managed a premiership team with Drogba/lamps/cole/Cech in their prime I reckon I could have won something.
          I agree NWs buys in the summer after we were promoted weren't great and we went on an awful run but he was still by far better than anyone that proceeded him.

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
            As much as some knock Warnock he got us up with some style. He just kept things simple like don't pass to AT in our own half.
            Also when we went up under him I thought (even for the short period he was in post) he was probably our best premiership manager post 2011 and I had more faith than so called established premiership managers like MH or HR and unlike those two he had to do the job knowing he wasn't backed.
            As to his 2nd coming he was still more impressive than any other manager we have had in the last 20 yrs.
            I just think now a days it's all about stats blah blah when in fact footballs a simple game and a manager like NW that can simply motivate average or below average players can transform a club.
            You look now at substitutions with coaches bringing out laptops/endless piece of papers/tablets like its American football but football isnt complicated like the NFL. Clough managed to conquer Europe without all this nonsense as did SAF ...All this rubbish about Super managers,.. PG made his name at a club who had Xavi, Iniesta and Messi in their prime my daughters 3 legged cat could have won the champions league with that team.
            JM just bullied and used American collegiate mentality of no one likes us to bring success but now that's been found out and players can't be bothered to buy into his small club mentality when they are playing for the biggest club in the world. In todays match all the stats were in Utds favour or level but they still lost 4-0.
            All these super managers analysing the game blah blah blah don't add anything when it gets tough. The foxes made up of no hopers and a manager that was seen as a failure managed to run away with the title not under over analysing the game or statistics but by playing the game simple ...now the big 5s response is to spend half a billion to get the title back that's not science.
            In European championship countries like Wales and Iceland that again kept things simple with managers that didn't over complicate matters again did well.
            My concern with JFH is he tries to over complicate matters and players aren't really sure of what they are doing, I don't think NW would have had this problem but football nowadays seems to favour the JFH type of approach whether it's Neville who can analyse a game and appears perfectly sensible but is as disaster when it came to the real thing or JM who's just made a career by making out he knows what he's doing. If I managed a premiership team with Drogba/lamps/cole/Cech in their prime I reckon I could have won something.
            I agree NWs buys in the summer after we were promoted weren't great and we went on an awful run but he was still by far better than anyone that proceeded him.
            Amen.

I've always said football is a simple game played by morons.

Comment

T Block has hit the nail on the head. A simple game should be kept that way. The first of many bad calls by Mr Fernandes was getting rid of him first time around.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                T Block has hit the nail on the head. A simple game should be kept that way. The first of many bad calls by Mr Fernandes was getting rid of him first time around.
                In hindsight I agree, but at the time I must admit I thought he'd run his course. That cup game away to MK Dons, where Helguson scored very late was the one. The fans were starting to turn, and Warnock barely left the dug out, unheard of for him. Maybe he knew his time was up, or maybe he'd been told he was about to be outed.

Either way I'd rather him in our dugout right now than Cardiff's.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                  In hindsight I agree, but at the time I must admit I thought he'd run his course. That cup game away to MK Dons, where Helguson scored very late was the one. The fans were starting to turn, and Warnock barely left the dug out, unheard of for him. Maybe he knew his time was up, or maybe he'd been told he was about to be outed.

Either way I'd rather him in our dugout right now than Cardiff's.
                  The other problem with the MK Dons game was that Ali played and got injured (which he never really recovered from). A lot of fans said that he should not have played him in what was a relatively unimportant game. However I'm sure Ali wanted to play and it is easy to criticize in hindsight.

Comment

Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post

Absolutely agree with you tblock, thats why its annoying seeing all this trying to be clever stats rubbish, football is just a simple game where whatever formations you use its about having everyone right up for it and organised and a team, non of these so called big managers now could lick brian cloughs boots end of.....
                    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      Right, because Harry Redknapp was a punt, Mark Hughes was a punt. We've gone with 2 established names and one punt in Chris Ramsey, and we stuck with the established names for longer than they should have perhaps stayed and gave the punt around 6 months before he got out of the job. Now we finally have a manager who can be a logical long term solution (Young, good playing history and earned respect, clear vision of what he wants, high potential signings in general and he's reduced the wage bill while maintaining overall quality of players). The stated criteria is all you talk about, but you openly ignore the legitimate validation to the change in goal, which is the reduction in the wage bill and the shortening of the purse strings brought in by Hoos. The club is not going to try and yoyo, it's going to build. It's going to use it's academy, it's going to encourage growth and mutual development and to me, JFH stands for that vision, so long as we stand with him.

True what you say as yoyoing doesnt do the club any good financially, & certainly doesnt guarantee staying in the prem eventually, ask burnley hull west brom crystal pal, theres probably a few more but forgot atm

Comment

• Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                        Jeems is fully correct, Warnock would be a failure in the premiership. He was relegated with Crystal Palace. He was sacked by us after 8 games without a win, falling from 9th to 17th (ultimately proved right to get rid as we did stay up) and he was sacked by Crystal Palace, where he won 3 of 16. His managing style does not work in the premiership.

When he was sacked by us he hadnt been given a preseason to recruit new players until the last minute as flav wouldnt give him any funds or decent ones i believe, so how can he be judged on that!

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                          IMO and the opinion of others he is not doing a perfectly good job, otherwise we could see improvement on how we played last season. I really can't see much improvement. We are just as inconsistent, he seems unable to motivate the players. Yesterday we went down 1-0 just before half time and after the break the team should have come out determined to equalize. I didn't really see much of this happening.

In what way is JFH doing a good job and how have team performances improved from last season? Our form at home is abysmal. Away from home we have been ok, but have failed to get a result draw against the better teams.

Its laughable tbh, doing a perfectly good job lol, i seem to remember the excuse for the poor football last season was its cos hes not using his own players, we`ll be much better next season when hes bought his own players and implemented his style lol!

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            A squad perfect for going to war with In this division. Once we go up, take a look at that squad and how many changes need to be made. Right now, We're slowly building up players to do well in this division and then go up and actually develop as premier league players without the need for ludicrous spending on wages of new players who are either aged and short term solutions. Of course some changes are needed but the backbone of the squad right now is of the right age and right mentality to succeed in the prem and if Warnock got near this squad, he'd give a short term boost, bring in "his players" in January, get us into the play offs and maybe even get us into the prem... then what? We leave the future of the club with a man who's unlikely to be there for long at all and has a perfect squad building sense for the Championship but none whatsoever for the Prem (Luke Young, really? DJ Campbell?).

Lol ah ok so thats it then after abit we`ll be going up for sure lol, gordon bennett you cant beat this theory stuff, wish i could go to work and instead of doing the skilled practical stuff just bang on the theory and cannot believe as youre saying we get us into the playoffs and say prem - then what ffs lol? thats what football is & should be about or theres pretty much no reason in playing, there will never be a time rangers will just stay in the prem, its never a given with any club apart from the top clubs pretty much, footballs about play off finals, promotion cups etc....not mid table rubbish with no ambition, say we had that promotion loook at the money that would come in say warnock or someone else would of brought in say it was to happen, instead of just this sticking in mid table just so we will go up in a few years! cant have that attitude if you want to succeed, you need to have a winning mentality & atm jfh hasnt instilled that at all and wont do the way he sets us up!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                              How many games has he lost as manager of Cardiff ?
                              Hopefully loads when the honeymoon period is over. Same for Bruce too.

Comment

• I wonder how many would bet on Cardiff now finishing above us?

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                                When he was sacked by us he hadnt been given a preseason to recruit new players until the last minute as flav wouldnt give him any funds or decent ones i believe, so how can he be judged on that!
                                Exactly. Too much convenient revisionism regarding that.

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                                Hopefully loads when the honeymoon period is over. Same for Bruce too.
                                Didn't have a honeymoon period at Rotherham. Did a great job at keeping them up. Highly proven manager at this level.

Comment

Working...
                                X