How does warnock do it !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    None of which matters a jot. a) NW said he didn't want to go back to the prem which b) would have given us time for find someone capable of doing the job at that level should he have succeeded in getting us there.

All this has been said before. Watford have switched managers a fair bit and done so with success, all this nonsense from Naz about Jimmy being the ONLY development choice is simply fantasy. Sure, everyone hopes that works out, but it is just hope.

I think TF has recruited badly in the past and there is no evidence he has not done so again.
    When did I say he was the only one? I said that we've gone with him as a developmental choice, so lets stick to it, instead of forcing out another manager in less time than we forced out saggy chops.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      When did I say he was the only one? I said that we've gone with him as a developmental choice, so lets stick to it, instead of forcing out another manager in less time than we forced out saggy chops.
      Surely a developmental manager should be managing the under 23s or under 18s. He shouldn't be learning his trade with the first team.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
        None of which matters a jot. a) NW said he didn't want to go back to the prem which b) would have given us time for find someone capable of doing the job at that level should he have succeeded in getting us there.

All this has been said before. Watford have switched managers a fair bit and done so with success, all this nonsense from Naz about Jimmy being the ONLY development choice is simply fantasy. Sure, everyone hopes that works out, but it is just hope.

I think TF has recruited badly in the past and there is no evidence he has not done so again.
        L F appointed the last three managers one of them he made the same mistake on twice

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
          L F appointed the last three managers one of them he made the same mistake on twice
          Aren't our last three managers Redknapp, Ramsey and Hasselbaink?

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
            Aren't our last three managers Redknapp, Ramsey and Hasselbaink?
            Your forgetting our last three managerial appointments where Ramsey even more danming Ramsey and JFH

Comment

A squad perfect for going to war with In this division. Once we go up, take a look at that squad and how many changes need to be made. Right now, We're slowly building up players to do well in this division and then go up and actually develop as premier league players without the need for ludicrous spending on wages of new players who are either aged and short term solutions. Of course some changes are needed but the backbone of the squad right now is of the right age and right mentality to succeed in the prem and if Warnock got near this squad, he'd give a short term boost, bring in "his players" in January, get us into the play offs and maybe even get us into the prem... then what? We leave the future of the club with a man who's unlikely to be there for long at all and has a perfect squad building sense for the Championship but none whatsoever for the Prem (Luke Young, really? DJ Campbell?).
              Right now I'd settle for us getting a boost, into the play-offs and maybe getting us into the Prem....compared to what we are currently enduring. Apart from the odd game it's been pretty awful under the current incumbent. I hope we kick on as a team and JFH becomes a legend for us but I'm just not convinced either will actually happen. I hate the thought of us dragging along as we are at the moment with LR as flat as a pancake and our attendances dwindling.

Comment

JFH sorry to say is out of his depth in the championship,NW knows this division inside out and I would quite happily have him back

Comment

Originally posted by chalbury37 View Post
                  JFH sorry to say is out of his depth in the championship,NW knows this division inside out and I would quite happily have him back
                  If hes out of his depth in this division does that mean he well get us relegated?

Comment

Cannot ever see Hasslebaink getting a team promoted to the premier, regardless of how much time he is given. Hasn't learnt a thing yet in a year since he's been with us..hardly going to change now. Successful managers need to think on their feet during a game to change personnel and tactics,Hasslebaink just sticks to same old formation and replaces players like for like instead of playing them together.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      If hes out of his depth in this division does that mean he well get us relegated?
                      Time will tell but what I will say is we certainly wont be going up or reaching the play offs this season not with this clown in charge

Comment

Originally posted by chalbury37 View Post
                        Time will tell but what I will say is we certainly wont be going up or reaching the play offs this season not with this clown in charge
                        Which clown ?

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                          Which clown ?
                          JFH who else??

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                            No the players brought in are probably too good to get us relegated but he certainly won't get us promoted in what is a pretty average championship.

Comment

Luongo, Chery, Sylla, Ned, Caulker, Pawel, Smithies and Perch (if he got some consistency) are I reckon pretty much capable of going up right now and being regulars in a bottom half/mid table side. In terms of potential, I can see Hall, Bidwell, Ariel, Cousins, Yeni all being capable
                              So 8 out of our usual starting XI are good enough for the premier league & 5 others are potentially too, basically our whole squad yet we're languishing in 13th in the championship & cant string two wins together

Corrr I know you talk some crap but you've even surpassed your usual level of nonsense with that one. Deary me

Comment

Have to agree with you Jimmy it seems a bit far fetched even for Nas. Love to know how he has come to the conclusion that this Yeni is a premier league class player based on what he has shown so far for us. As for Perch and Onuhua say no more as neither are upto that standard.

Comment

Working...
                                X