JFH Tactics on Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    Eminently sensible posts will not win you any awards on here.

In regard to the 'we're so boring now' welter of posts - generally I can't agree. But it's all about personal taste of course. I like chess. A lot of people don't. Maybe that's the difference here. I also enjoy stories with some subtlety and nuance as opposed to the more cartoonish and obvious tropes of many popular narratives. You see, I'm seeing the unfolding narrative of JFH's reign entirely differently to the majority of posters on here (I think it's a majority). I'm actually enjoying it. I actually do think there's progression. But maybe (well, obviously) that's not clear to many.
    What progression out of interest ...because its extremely well hidden if its there...apart from the leeds game when this season can you with hand on heart say you have been entertained for a sustained period? apart from the occasional goal?

Comment

Is there another club of our size in the championship with a dof ?

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
        Hang on hang on... why does that matter? You lot talk about needing ambition, well this DoF thing shows ambition. You don't get to pick and choose ambition. If you want to become a bigger club, you adapt to what bigger clubs do.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Oh yeah this dof idea is great if we get one that not on work experience ours that's smothered in Teflon has made three managerial appointment
          1st Woefully Ramsey
          And then this future looking dof of ours appoints
          2nd with all his far seeing nouce our dof sees the future of the club safely going forward in the hands of yes the Woefully Ramsey
          3rd he brings in our latest master in the art of exciting entertaining full flowing expansive football
          Yeah dof's on work experience are great
          Be warned if JFH goes at the end of his contract you can't rule out the return of Woefull Ramsey as a caretaker for the rest of the season
          Last edited by dogsrrs; 18-10-2016, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            He was incredible against Fulham and that was one match ago.
            Stretching the word incredible applying it to his performance at Fulham. Incredible no better then usual yes

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
              Think most clubs have similar set up might call it something else but principle is the same. Hammond was the man at Reading until this season, Fulham have Rigg

Comment

He was incredible against Fulham and that was one match ago.
                incredible? Really? In a match we should of lost 5-2 again?

Was absolutely non-existent against Reading.
                Last edited by West London is Rss; 18-10-2016, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post

Don't think it's fair to say 5-2. We rode our luck at times but we also had quite a few chances.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                    Don't think it's fair to say 5-2. We rode our luck at times but we also had quite a few chances.
                    Were our chances as good as two penalty misses and an open goal? No they were not...

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Examples???
                      Forest are without since the last one presided over a decline, Norwich are doing pretty well without one, plenty more below us and higher up Man U don't have one. There are plenty more examples if you have time to research.

Quite a few DoFs are essentially political rather than football appointments, a kind of go between scenario. But that is a very reactionary reason for having one.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                        Forest are without since the last one presided over a decline, Norwich are doing pretty well without one, plenty more below us and higher up Man U don't have one. There are plenty more examples if you have time to research.

Quite a few DoFs are essentially political rather than football appointments, a kind of go between scenario. But that is a very reactionary reason for having one.
                        I don't I'm off to watch a game of footie that's why I asked you. Norwich I believe do have transfer committee similar to what newcastle did

Tara

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post

Did we lose 5-2? I'm pretty sure the final score was 1-2 mate. He wasn't particularly great against Reading but his performance v Fulham has been so quickly forgotten despite being so damn good.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Did we lose 5-2? I'm pretty sure the final score was 1-2 mate. He wasn't particularly great against Reading but his performance v Fulham has been so quickly forgotten despite being so damn good.
                            He does tend to have selective memory.

Comment

He was not incredible Nas

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                                It clearly is not since clubs of our size and stature function perfectly well without one.
                                And plenty function well with one. Huddersfield and Reading seem to be doing ok with one, Watford as well - they are all similar size aren't they?

Comment

Working...
                                X