Will that Formation work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post

Obviously open to 'constructive criticism' on this one gents.

Put Lynch in there at LB as I heard he had a good solid game there last night and proved to be a good talker on the pitch etc, so a good organiser. Bidwell not been himself lately and been poor, so his form has dipped. For the diamond formation to work, your full backs have to be more attacking and he doesn't offer us that attacking option going forward.

Again, could have been any 2 of the 3 x strikers to partner eachother, but just thought you would have to give Washington a go up front WITH a partner for the first time, and Sylla did well when coming off the bench against Huddesfield the other day.

Polter, Wsolek, Shodipo et al on the bench if we need to chase the game?

Just an idea.

You R'rs!
    I get what you mean with Lynch but if we want him to bomb up, we're asking him to be faster than he is. Lynch played left centre back yesterday, Hamaleinen was left back.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

The main problem with diamond set ups is the chronic lack of width that goes with them. This is a problem if you have 9s like Sylla and SP who love a bit of byeline action to get em going.

It really is such a simple game, I can think of at least two or even three set ups which I think would be more effective, suit our squad and be better to watch.

4-3-3 becomes 4-5-1 when ball is lost is very flexible, and wouldn't be hard for us to adapt to since we aren't great at keeping it. 4-2-4 (4-4-2 ball lost) is another good one for sides who lack mid park creativity. Longer ball than 4-3-3, but better chance of it finding someone. The third set up which could work for us is a three CB set up, I think we could better suited to that in terms of personnel than we were when Harry tried it one day pretty much ad hoc. The problem with JFHs system is that its old skool in that it the easiest to play against - its been found wanting. The other thing is our transition from defence to attack is rubbish, we don't really change shape effectively.

Someone needs to start coaching our lot and when they're ready they can get out and try playing some football for a change.

Comment

Looks like we are finding our proper team very very soon. With the likes of Borysiuk, Wszołek, Lynch and Sylla all getting some game time the formation is gradually knitting up. We need to give Yeni a bit more time then I really think we are gonna dish out a few slaps. Sandro we gotta forget till after Xmas cos he aint up to speed for a 90 min game. Henry needs to be a back up. Polter is starting to get niggly injuries and needs resting. Hall has lost a bit of confidence, Shodipo needs to take a breather and learn to control his energy. El Khayati Cousins and Washington bench warmers.
        Im finding this line up is the one to dish out the slaps.

Smithies
        Ned, Caulker, Lynch, Bidwell
        Borysiuk, Luongo
        Yeni, Chery, Wszołek
        Sylla

whatcha think ?

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
          Looks like we are finding our proper team very very soon. With the likes of Borysiuk, Wszołek, Lynch and Sylla all getting some game time the formation is gradually knitting up. We need to give Yeni a bit more time then I really think we are gonna dish out a few slaps. Sandro we gotta forget till after Xmas cos he aint up to speed for a 90 min game. Henry needs to be a back up. Polter is starting to get niggly injuries and needs resting. Hall has lost a bit of confidence, Shodipo needs to take a breather and learn to control his energy. El Khayati Cousins and Washington bench warmers.

Smithies
          Borysiuk, Luongo
          Yeni, Chery, Wszołek
          Sylla

whatcha think ?
          Wszorek was effective because he was on the right yesterday.

Smithies
          Kakay Caulker Lynch Bidwell
          Wszorek Borysiuk Luongo Shodipo
          Washington Sylla

Can go 451 with that when needed.

Comment

Push mass into middle, don't need two holding, and let cherry roam inbetween midfield and striker and I would go with that

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              Push mass into middle, don't need two holding, and let cherry roam inbetween midfield and striker and I would go with that
              Yes the more that team plays the combination will work its self

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post

Smithies
                Borysiuk, Luongo
                Yeni, Chery, Wszołek
                Sylla

whatcha think ?
                This is exactly what we should be doing. Wszolek kept switching sides and did great stuff as a result. Him and Yeni have the potential to be a deadly combination. Sylla can regularly switch with Polter for the starting line up and if we need a goal near the end, do what we did yesterday and switch it to 442 for late to add pressure without wasting too much energy as we can play more long balls up.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Horrible to say this, but Cousins injury is a major blessing imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    Shouldn't be like that. A manager ought know what he's doing. And should put round pegs in round holes. Not play endless inverted wingers. Or stupidly switch them, which thankfully Jimmy didn't do yesterday, keeping Pawel on the right where he looked the business. Nor endlessly play the same unimpressive formation to accommodate one player, Chery.

Comment

Henry and Cousins out now, the clueless clown has dropped Henry the worst player on the planet and Cousins being dropped has been forced upon him. Just hope he doesnt play Sandro the best player on the planet now cos hes so clueless, and sticks to the two polish lads.
                      Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 25-09-2016, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        Have to agree. Hasn't impressed me even when played in his "preferred position".

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          Have to agree. Hasn't impressed me even when played in his "preferred position".
                          Turns slower than a truck and can't play under pressure. He needs to get more agile. There's a talented player there, you can see it when he runs at the opposition. Issue is, he starts so often with his back to goal that he never gets the space he wants to turn and run.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            Turns slower than a truck and can't play under pressure. He needs to get more agile. There's a talented player there, you can see it when he runs at the opposition. Issue is, he starts so often with his back to goal that he never gets the space he wants to turn and run.
                            Sub for Luongo or Wszolek IMO.

Best played in CM but capable at right or left midfield (as he was at Charlton when they beat us 2-0 last season).

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              Sub for Luongo or Wszolek IMO.

Best played in CM but capable at right or left midfield (as he was at Charlton when they beat us 2-0 last season).
                              Absolutely. The quality of rotation options we have is quite nice to be honest. Luongo/Cousins; Ariel/Sandro; Sylla/Polter; Lynch/Hall; Yeni/Shodipo; Onuoha/Perch/Kakay, perhaps even Wszolek/CW could be one if we move CW out wide. Just need Robinson back, a CAM cover and we have 2 starting 11's we can rotate.

Comment

Who do we have as a CAM in the juniors ?

Comment

Working...
                                X