Will that Formation work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    Formation we started with last night should be how we go forward in the Championship as we actually have the players to suit it.

Problem is when Chery starts on Saturday, JFH will go back to 4-5-1 to accommodate him in his "preferred role".

Personally I'd put Chery in for El Khayati and play 4 across the middle.
    This ?

---------------Smithies

Ned-----Caulker-----Hall----Bidwell

Yeni----Cousins-----Chery----Powel

-----------Polter------Sylla--------

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
      This ?

---------------Smithies

Ned-----Caulker-----Hall----Bidwell

Yeni----Cousins-----Chery----Powel

-----------Polter------Sylla--------
      Those middle two would get creamed...... Polter's done nothing to earn a recall.

Smithies
      Kakay Caulker Lynch Bidwell
      Yeni Cousins Sandro Shodipo
      Cilla Washington

Am assuming Yeni is able to play, so would give him a run out on the left to see what he's like. If he's as poor as he's been, I'd pull him 30 mins and replace him with the Polish winger.

Comment

We shouldnt be so rigid to stick with 1 formation. Washington is a much better player in a 442 or with the ball played in behind/on the ground. I do think our Polter battering ram approach works against certain teams though. We do lack in wide areas in terms of quality. I'd like to see us play a 442 diamond.
        Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
        Lovejoy: "No?!"
        Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Id like to see us try Luongo in the Chery role. It would give us more energy in implementing this pressing game from the front. Two tough dm's in sandro & bory. Chery is our most creative player but I don't see why he is undroppable.

Smithies

Onuoha Caulker Lynch Bidwell

Sandro Borysiuk

Yeni Luongo Shopido

Polter

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
            Id like to see us try Luongo in the Chery role. It would give us more energy in implementing this pressing game from the front. Two tough dm's in sandro & bory. Chery is our most creative player but I don't see why he is undroppable.

Smithies

Onuoha Caulker Lynch Bidwell

Sandro Borysiuk

Yeni Luongo Shopido

Polter
            Played Luongo there loads under Ramsey, but he never impressed, other than getting an assist for Chery at home early on.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              Played Luongo there loads under Ramsey, but he never impressed, other than getting an assist for Chery at home early on.
              Yeah but think its worth another go nearly a year down the line. Think Chery can be a luxury player in certain games.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                Yeah but think its worth another go nearly a year down the line. Think Chery can be a luxury player in certain games.
                Oh I so agree, Brian.

Comment

Cheers nas.

Lots of people are saying cw did well on the wing especially with his tracking back. Could it be a better position for him rather than struggling upfront?

I don't think any of our players (apart from chery and polter) are well suited to a 4231 tbh, heck, jfh has converted so many players into playing different styles and positions and i doubt anyone could truly pick a side they'd trust to win with that formation.

I'd rather a 4132 or even 4312 with a midfield 3 of sandro/ariel, cousins/shodipo and luongo playing as 3 fluid center midfielders able to rotate between them with chery playing behind a front two of sylla and polter

Comment

I'm sorry but if you have to play CW and then make him track back as a caretaker that is simply further evidence of muddled thinking.

This was a weak Sunderland who started without a recognised striker and at the end of the day the ended up with more on target, more possession and more goals. That is the reality.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                      Cheers nas.

Lots of people are saying cw did well on the wing especially with his tracking back. Could it be a better position for him rather than struggling upfront?

I don't think any of our players (apart from chery and polter) are well suited to a 4231 tbh, heck, jfh has converted so many players into playing different styles and positions and i doubt anyone could truly pick a side they'd trust to win with that formation.

I'd rather a 4132 or even 4312 with a midfield 3 of sandro/ariel, cousins/shodipo and luongo playing as 3 fluid center midfielders able to rotate between them with chery playing behind a front two of sylla and polter
                      4-1-2-1-2 Diamond anyone?

-------------------------------------------------------------------Smithies---------------------------------------------------------------

Onuoha-----------------------------Hall-------------------------------------------------Caulker-----------------------------------Lynch

-------------------------------------------------------------------Sandro----------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------Cousins---------------------------------------------------------------------------------Luongo---------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------Chery-----------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------Sylla----------------------------------------------Washington----------------------------------------

Distinct lack of width, would have to rely on the FB's to bomb on, but hey it's got to be an improvement on 4-2-3-1 every poxy week with Kalvin and El K picked automatically!

You R'rs!!!

Comment

---------------------G---------------------

RB--------------------------------------LB

-----RHB----------CB------------LHB-----

------------RIF--------------LIF-----------

RW----------------CF------------------LW

bring back old school formation

Comment

Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post
                          4-1-2-1-2 Diamond anyone?

-------------------------------------------------------------------Smithies---------------------------------------------------------------

Onuoha-----------------------------Hall-------------------------------------------------Caulker-----------------------------------Lynch

-------------------------------------------------------------------Sandro----------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------Cousins---------------------------------------------------------------------------------Luongo---------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------Chery-----------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------Sylla----------------------------------------------Washington----------------------------------------

Distinct lack of width, would have to rely on the FB's to bomb on, but hey it's got to be an improvement on 4-2-3-1 every poxy week with Kalvin and El K picked automatically!

You R'rs!!!
                          So play Lynch at left back? Take out Hall, put Lynch left side and Caulker right, play Perch left back and that would make more sense, except where's Polter?
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            So play Lynch at left back? Take out Hall, put Lynch left side and Caulker right, play Perch left back and that would make more sense, except where's Polter?
                            wheres Bidwell ?

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                              wheres Bidwell ?
                              If we want the full back to bomb up, I personally wouldn't play Bidwell as he lacks the pace to go up and down enough to be a threat. Playing a 4231 he works perfectly though.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                                Obviously open to 'constructive criticism' on this one gents.

Put Lynch in there at LB as I heard he had a good solid game there last night and proved to be a good talker on the pitch etc, so a good organiser. Bidwell not been himself lately and been poor, so his form has dipped. For the diamond formation to work, your full backs have to be more attacking and he doesn't offer us that attacking option going forward.

Again, could have been any 2 of the 3 x strikers to partner eachother, but just thought you would have to give Washington a go up front WITH a partner for the first time, and Sylla did well when coming off the bench against Huddesfield the other day.

Polter, Wsolek, Shodipo et al on the bench if we need to chase the game?

Just an idea.

You R'rs!

Comment

Working...
                                X