Joey Barton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    Don't tell me it's not a coincidence his autobiography's about to come out whilst all this publicity rages??

Can't be on purpose surely? Genuine grafter, got a heart of gold and just wants to tell his side of the story...
    My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
      Not for us he wasn't

Man City last game of season when we needed to stay up - didn't act much like a leader to me?
      Liverpool at home the same year - was shocking fans booed him and Hughes

Off the field he has to be a leader as well, not just on it.

The man has had only ever one agenda which is to promote himself. Blindingly obvious.
      Kind of agree with this........but at the same time, we missed him when he left.

Sometimes you need a nasty bar steward in the mix, even if he is a tw*t. Worked very well for Man Utd with Roy Keane for many years. Totally on his own agenda, right nasty individual that only a mother could love but he was exactly what Man Utd needed at the time (despite the fall outs, suspensions, newspaper articles etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        Kind of agree with this........but at the same time, we missed him when he left.

Sometimes you need a nasty bar steward in the mix, even if he is a tw*t. Worked very well for Man Utd with Roy Keane for many years. Totally on his own agenda, right nasty individual that only a mother could love but he was exactly what Man Utd needed at the time (despite the fall outs, suspensions, newspaper articles etc.)
        I would love a tough tackling CM who people were scared to play against (which Barton wasn't but people seem to think he was), but it shouldn't come hand-in-hand with off the field antics.

For me, Barton should never have been allowed back after the City game.
        My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

That was the day i fell in love with him. (No Homo)

Comment

Anyone who has a pop at Mark Hughes is alright by me...

Comment

I would love a tough tackling CM who people were scared to play against (which Barton wasn't but people seem to think he was), but it shouldn't come hand-in-hand with off the field antics.

I said the same at the time as it goes. Pleased he did come back though, I think the season after Joey's loan to France was his best season for us!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                That was the day i fell in love with him. (No Homo)
                Still think it was brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                  Maybe because he was and is miles better than Karl henry and proved his worth by being Burnley's star man along with gray in getting them promoted. He is a damn sight better than our surrender monkeys. I don't like the bloke and he's a prat but let's not let facts get in the way bush!
                  he is a s hit footballer. i'm not talking about karl henry. joey barton tries to big up his poor game up by playing the role of a captain(fist pumping,talking all over the pitch etc) when in reality he offers the total sum of sweet fa on the pitch. he can't pass like he thinks he can nor can he head,score anything like a decent midfielder should, his positional sense is shocking,he makes irrational decisions giving away too many freekicks and he is a c @nt of a bloke.
                  apart from that he has potential
                  PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                    On the pitch he is a leader. But I do surely despise his off-field antics these days.
                    not sure why you posted in bold letters-makes you sound angry shania...
                    no he is never a leader but uses his mouth to give that impression. offers nout.
                    PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                      not sure why you posted in bold letters-makes you sound angry shania...
                      no he is never a leader but uses his mouth to give that impression. offers nout.
                      1)No, I was not angry

2)You can`t have it your way every time, Bushcelt1.. it´s all about opinions..`sorry.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                        1)No, I was not angry

2)You can`t have it your way every time, Bushcelt1.. it´s all about opinions..`sorry.
                        2).....i've posted 10 times in the last few months at most? having it all my own way?? i gave my opinion and that was all.
                        PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Been told to stay away for another week at the least...... and that's before the Jock FA get stuck in about his betting.

People saying that the team is better without him as he's not holding the ball up - and hell-bent on the Hollywood pass. The dressing room is happier too.

Kinda reminds me of his time with us.........

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                            he is a s hit footballer. i'm not talking about karl henry. joey barton tries to big up his poor game up by playing the role of a captain(fist pumping,talking all over the pitch etc) when in reality he offers the total sum of sweet fa on the pitch. he can't pass like he thinks he can nor can he head,score anything like a decent midfielder should, his positional sense is shocking,he makes irrational decisions giving away too many freekicks and he is a c @nt of a bloke.
                            apart from that he has potential
                            Absolutely 100% bang on.

Comment

So one of our 'super stars' gets a 3 week suspension and may never play again for Rangers. Another of our 'super stars', Adel Taraabt is told that he will never play for the Benfica first team. Just goes to show what we were build on. What a legacy!

Comment

Fans like players who look like they're leading even if no one is listening to them. As Bushcelt said above, that's how Barton got by here. Very overrated imo.
                                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                                X