Joey Barton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    If he likes the sound of his own voice then I doubt he would of had too much help in writing it - I can't really have this conversation with someone who hasn't read his book. I can't stress enough that he really does not try to portray himself in any sort of light. He comes across as very honest in his book.

I can't have a level conversation with you about someone if you're as narrow minded as you're giving off with him.
    How you can just surmise that someone is what you're calling them without knowing them is beyond me - It strikes me as a view held by the typical football fan.
    Gawd help us.
    “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
    Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
      I thought he was decent for us when he came back from France. Put in some quality performances in our promotion season (semi final against Wigan he was immense). Thought he was one of our better players when we got relegated also.
      Sopt on!.... problem was though no matter how good/bad the fella was for us he was ALWAYS a liability, red card waiting to happen.
      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
        It's an amiable trait not to judge someone until you know them mate.
        The point I was trying to make is he would have had professional help in writing his book and how it portrays him. Therefore I don't agree that reading his book means your any wiser as to who he is.
        What seems to be clear is he's an arogant narcissistic tw@t who loves the sound of his own voice.
        I've never met Pol Pot, Kim Kardashian or Ed Balls but I'm fairly certain they were/are all €unts too.
        That made me laugh!

Agree with your post too.

Comment

Because I was interested to know more about the man beneath all what's reported about him and how people like yourself perceive him from those reports.
          I suppose it would make me a Joey Barton if I stole it or downloaded it illegally eh? The irony.

I'll try make sense out of the last bit of your post and respond by saying.. He's being exactly that... honest in all of it by saying he's made some terrible choices in his life which he's not proud of. I knew that before I read the book though, I read it because I wanted to find out more about what makes people in life make those choices.
          It may very well be ironic, just couldn't understand why any rangers supporters would want to line the guys pockets any further. Fair play you're interested in reading about him but I can't stand the man.

What do you need to make sense of exactly? I think what I wrote is pretty clear? Plenty of people have had tougher upbringings than Joey Barton and don't act like he has their entire lives. He may not be proud of those choices but why keep making the bad ones? I don't think he should get any brownie points for being honest about what we already know about him.
          My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
            It may very well be ironic, just couldn't understand why any rangers supporters would want to line the guys pockets any further. Fair play you're interested in reading about him but I can't stand the man.

What do you need to make sense of exactly? I think what I wrote is pretty clear? Plenty of people have had tougher upbringings than Joey Barton and don't act like he has their entire lives. He may not be proud of those choices but why keep making the bad ones? I don't think he should get any brownie points for being honest about what we already know about him.
            There are plenty of people with your point of view, I personally am not one of them, as you can probably tell.
            I don't look at buying his book as 'lining his pockets' as you say. You've answered your own point as to why Rangers fans would buy his book - Some are interested in reading about him and his experiences. I also wanted to read inside knowledge about the club in his time here.

Not sure you know about his upbringing if you haven't read his book? People with emotional, mental health and aggressive issues do act like he has all their lives. They live with these issues daily so it's a bit narrow minded to just disregard them and his.

As I say, read his book, then come back to me on what you think you know about him. Your opinions of the man as a whole are born purely from the media and the pictures you've seen on TV.

Comment

There are plenty of people with your point of view, I personally am not one of them, as you can probably tell.
              I don't look at buying his book as 'lining his pockets' as you say. You've answered your own point as to why Rangers fans would buy his book - Some are interested in reading about him and his experiences. I also wanted to read inside knowledge about the club in his time here.

Not sure you know about his upbringing if you haven't read his book? People with emotional, mental health and aggressive issues do act like he has all their lives. They live with these issues daily so it's a bit narrow minded to just disregard them and his.

As I say, read his book, then come back to me on what you think you know about him. Your opinions of the man as a whole are born purely from the media and the pictures you've seen on TV.
              Guess that's fair enough you want inside knowledge of the club. Obviously matter of opinion but honestly struggle to see why some people have a positive view of him on here.

There are other ways to find out about his upbringing...which I have looked in to (prior to this discussion). I'm not disregarding anyones issues? I'm saying people could have the exact same issues as Barton has had growing up but don't lash out, put out cigars out on people etc etc. Some may act exactly as Barton does. However you're taking everything from his book as gospel. Not saying he doesn't have mental health issues, but could he not just be a thug? You can't rule it out just because he says he isn't (if that is what he is saying in his book)?

As I've said, police reports say plenty about a man. Twitter activity directly from the man say plenty. I won't be buying his book thanks.

EDIT: Don't call me narrow minded. I haven't made any judgements on those with mental health issues.
              Last edited by Cjskinz; 12-10-2016, 12:23 PM.

Comment

On a separate note, when did people stop being idiots and became labelled as 'mental health issues' folk?

I know people really do have this condition, but do u find that every Tom, Dick and Tyson idiot seem to be jumping on this bandwagon?

Can't some people just be idiots anymore? Just asking.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                  On a separate note, when did people stop being idiots and became labelled as 'mental health issues' folk?

I know people really do have this condition, but do u find that every Tom, Dick and Tyson idiot seem to be jumping on this bandwagon?

Can't some people just be idiots anymore? Just asking.
                  Part of my job involves working in mental health - and I never forget my first training session.

The consultant said "Everybody who knows someone with mental heath difficulties put your had up". A few did.

He then turned around and said: "Well. Every person on this planet has a mental health difficulty. Fact. We're just here to discuss the types and magnitude. And most importantly: Why it doesn't give you a season pass to be an ar&eh0le".

Perhaps the last point was/is lost on Barton..... despite him being a "Philosopher"........

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                    Guess that's fair enough you want inside knowledge of the club. Obviously matter of opinion but honestly struggle to see why some people have a positive view of him on here.

There are other ways to find out about his upbringing...which I have looked in to (prior to this discussion). I'm not disregarding anyones issues? I'm saying people could have the exact same issues as Barton has had growing up but don't lash out, put out cigars out on people etc etc. Some may act exactly as Barton does. However you're taking everything from his book as gospel. Not saying he doesn't have mental health issues, but could he not just be a thug? You can't rule it out just because he says he isn't (if that is what he is saying in his book)?

As I've said, police reports say plenty about a man. Twitter activity directly from the man say plenty. I won't be buying his book thanks.

EDIT: Don't call me narrow minded. I haven't made any judgement on those with mental health issues.
                    The guy has issues and battles his demons, which he is nothing but honest about. Some people see the reactions and harm he has caused and that's enough for them to make their mind up about a person - For me it is not enough. People deal with their issues in different ways and in his younger days, Barton seemingly dealt with them different to how he does now. I rule nothing out, I just don't judge a man on police reports and 30 seconds of red mist in which provocation and inner demons play a part.

I like to look beyond the labeling of someone and beyond their mistakes.

For what it's worth Barton has never put his issues down to one sole condition. It's glaringly obvious he is a complex individual who has needed guidance from a young age.

The one thing I have always liked about him is how open and refreshingly honest he is - He's never shied away about his demons, he always has fronted up. The regular person in life that has made the mistakes in life that Barton has, would show no remorse or intellect to find out why they are like they are and what they can do to help themselves.
                    Last edited by West London is Rss; 12-10-2016, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                      The guy has issues and battles his demons, which he is nothing but honest about. Some people see the reactions and harm he has caused and that's enough for them to make their mind up about a person - For me it is not enough. People deal with their issues in different ways and in his younger days, Barton seemingly dealt with them different to how he does now. I rule nothing out, I just don't judge a man on police reports and 30 seconds of red mist in which provocation and inner demons play a part.

I like to look beyond the labeling of someone and beyond their mistakes.
                      I'll keep waiting for the apology for calling me narrow minded shall i? You've called other people on here that just for having a difference of opinion. You act like you know the bloke's deepest darkest fears just because you've read a book that he's put out to primarily make money. He's never cared what people thought of him so why should he feel like he needs to set the record straight now. He's printing stories to make money.

You're a better man than I clearly. However, you keep looking past people's mistakes it might come back to bite you - just look at TF's wallet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                        I'll keep waiting for the apology for calling me narrow minded shall i? You've called other people on here that just for having a difference of opinion. You act like you know the bloke's deepest darkest fears just because you've read a book that he's put out to primarily make money. He's never cared what people thought of him so why should he feel like he needs to set the record straight now. He's printing stories to make money.

You're a better man than I clearly. However, you keep looking past people's mistakes it might come back to bite you - just look at TF's wallet.
                        I don't feel the need to apologise to you for calling you narrow-minded, because IMO it is - Sorry if it offends you. Non-narrow mindedness is not being able to see a 360 view of a subject. I don't think you do on this subject. Let's stick to the topic here and not make this about me - All I'm portraying is what I've read and my view. If you think he's released a book to make money then I think you need to look at exactly how much money autobiographies make in sales compared to a footballers weekly wage... I really don't think it'd be to make money, I think he might have enough of that.

He has cared about what people have thought, just not what people like you or I think - Again, I got this from reading his book.

I wouldn't say I 'look past' people's mistakes, I'd say I take people's mistakes into account but look at the 360 degree view of a person and a situation.
                        You clearly feel quite strongly about your views on the guy so why don't you give it a go in reading his book, you may be pleasantly surprised...

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                          I don't feel the need to apologise to you for calling you narrow-minded, because IMO it is - Sorry if it offends you. Non-narrow mindedness is not being able to see a 360 view of a subject. I don't think you do on this subject. Let's stick to the topic here and not make this about me - All I'm portraying is what I've read and my view. If you think he's released a book to make money then I think you need to look at exactly how much money autobiographies make in sales compared to a footballers weekly wage... I really don't think it'd be to make money, I think he might have enough of that.

He has cared about what people have thought, just not what people like you or I think - Again, I got this from reading his book.

I wouldn't say I 'look past' people's mistakes, I'd say I take people's mistakes into account but look at the 360 degree view of a person and a situation.
                          You clearly feel quite strongly about your views on the guy so why don't you give it a go in reading his book, you may be pleasantly surprised...
                          I don't want to give the c### one more penny......can I borrow your copy?

Comment

• Nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
                              I don't want to give the c### one more penny......can I borrow your copy?
                              I wouldn't bother mate, the pages are probably stuck together by now
                              Will Danaher

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post

I think you've got a long wait mate.
                                He dug me out for voicing my opinion on Barton saying i had no right to as I don't know the bloke, but then starts calling people narrow minded and naive, even though he doesn't know them.
                                He called Junior Hoilet a 'snake' in another thread but I doubt he knows him either.
                                He seems a very 'complex' individual does west London.
                                Will Danaher

Comment

Working...
                                X