Is the new strategy working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the new strategy working?

Cut spending and wages, buy young and ambitious, promote from the youth team. No big time, over the hill players.

So far, so good. Could have easily been a recipe for relegation if the wrong choices had been made, but after a transition season, we seem to have a lot of the components of a side that is going to do well this year and stands every chance of being even better next. Given some of Lee Hoos' words in fan forums, I also expect we've recruited and paid players with an eye to next season, when if we're still in the Championship, we'll lose all of the parachute money.

For the first time for a very long time, we seem to have a semblance of financial security, a young, hardworking side full of promising players and a management team at the club who actually seem to know what they're doing!

Seems strange we are being linked to Bendtner though?

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
      Seems strange we are being linked to Bendtner though?

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...thread-2016-17

Check that thread above out, and you will se how many we have been linked to and how many we have signed.
      'Linked to' means absolutley nothing these days, agents make it all up to put their client in the shop window.

Comment

Lets hope he is one of those that are only linked to us.

Comment

Originally posted by amusant View Post
          Cut spending and wages, buy young and ambitious, promote from the youth team. No big time, over the hill players.

So far, so good. Could have easily been a recipe for relegation if the wrong choices had been made, but after a transition season, we seem to have a lot of the components of a side that is going to do well this year and stands every chance of being even better next. Given some of Lee Hoos' words in fan forums, I also expect we've recruited and paid players with an eye to next season, when if we're still in the Championship, we'll lose all of the parachute money.

For the first time for a very long time, we seem to have a semblance of financial security, a young, hardworking side full of promising players and a management team at the club who actually seem to know what they're doing!
          Heaven forbid, it still could be recipe for relegation. Only played 5 games so not getting carried away.

Comment

I think it's certainly working and it's so refreshing.

I still think we could be a little more ruthless in the transfer market with 1 or 2 key signings. However love the new look of the team and can see us fighting for a play off spot!

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
              Heaven forbid, it still could be recipe for relegation. Only played 5 games so not getting carried away.
              Honest and serious question, if we were four places from the bottom and not the top would you be saying ' Heaven forbid, it still could be a recipe for promotion. Only played 5 games so not getting carried away.'

Comment

No. Not with the quality of football I've witnessed so far. Think it would be extremely worrying. Can we still keep nicking results like yesterday? Possible but unlikely unless we improve especially in forward areas.

Comment

No. Not with the quality of football I've witnessed so far. Think it would be extremely worrying. Can we still keep nicking results like yesterday? Possible but unlikely unless we improve especially in forward areas.
                  We got up last time keeping clean sheets and scoring odd goal and the entertainment value under Harry was ZERO too

Comment

Derby play some lovely football but still manage to ###### it up every season. This is Jimmys way of playing, he done it with Burton.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                      Derby play some lovely football but still manage to ###### it up every season. This is Jimmys way of playing, he done it with Burton.
                      Agreed. But it's so dire.with little or no entertainment. I'm pretty sure he promised us exciting football with his team. Saw glimpses against Leeds but zero since. Let's see what he comes up with after the window has shut.

Comment

You say this, but so far we've only won one league match by only one goal... We still have a while to know whether we'll be nicking results or doing what we did at the start of the season and breaking down opponents with surgical precision.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Yes we could plenty of teams do it. Burton were promoted doing it. Football doesn't have to be high quality to win.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                            Yes we could plenty of teams do it. Burton were promoted doing it. Football doesn't have to be high quality to win.
                            No but it helps if you spend 100's of pounds travelling around the country watching it. If I was sat at home listening to commentary on player i probably wouldn't care if the football was dire as long as we won. Not that I'm saying this about you because I've no idea whether you go or not.

Comment

Didnt go to Barnsley but wasnt that a five goal thriller where we went 2-1 up and only lost to a last kick goal?

Comment

Working...
                              X