Is the new strategy working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knocker View Post
    No. Not with the quality of football I've witnessed so far. Think it would be extremely worrying. Can we still keep nicking results like yesterday? Possible but unlikely unless we improve especially in forward areas.
    I agree.

It is early days, but I will not get carried away about 3 wins from 5 when the team is clearly struggling to create goalscoring chances.

QPR will come up against better teams than Leeds, Cardiff & Wigan. They have already lost to Barnsley and Preston so let's see how they do against the likes of Newcastle, Norwich, Wolves, Brighton & Derby (once they get their act together) before we sing the praises of JFH, Les and Hoos.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      Didnt go to Barnsley but wasnt that a five goal thriller where we went 2-1 up and only lost to a last kick goal?
      You could say Swindon was a thriller and in some ways it was because of outcome. But the way we played was uninspiring to say the least.

Comment

No but it helps if you spend 100's of pounds travelling around the country watching it. If I was sat at home listening to commentary on player i probably wouldn't care if the football was dire as long as we won. Not that I'm saying this about you because I've no idea whether you go or not.
        I dont go away , although will be going to Ipswich and Newcastle but i go to every home game we play.

Comment

No but it helps if you spend 100's of pounds travelling around the country watching it. If I was sat at home listening to commentary on player i probably wouldn't care if the football was dire as long as we won. Not that I'm saying this about you because I've no idea whether you go or not.
          Don't agree. Personally I walked out the DW on cloud nine because we won mate the entertainment never came into it it was result that counts. If I want to guarantee entertainment will go circus or cinema. Football is about winning

Comment

The new regime - development, sustainability - had to come, the only surprise was how long it took to arrive, the thick end of 0.25 bn later. If someone had taken Tone aside early doors and said, look, there is another way of doing this, you don't have to be bent over by agents every ten days, check Southampton and Swansea etc...... unfortunately the only people saying this at the time were a few on here and LFW. Or maybe he didn't want to hear that.

I still feel there are some problematic aspects but these have been discussed before. At length. Keep saying it but top half and a cup run would represent improvement.

Comment

Was a nice feeling at the end to leave and head back to Euston with 3 points but have to say watching the game was very dreary and we really offer our punters no entertainment whatsoever. The new lad on the left keeps coming inside and Cousins being out wide is not the best choice by our manager. Both give us massive problems if we counter as there is no wide outlet at all.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                The new regime - development, sustainability - had to come, the only surprise was how long it took to arrive, the thick end of 0.25 bn later. If someone had taken Tone aside early doors and said, look, there is another way of doing this, you don't have to be bent over by agents every ten days, check Southampton and Swansea etc...... unfortunately the only people saying this at the time were a few on here and LFW. Or maybe he didn't want to hear that.

I still feel there are some problematic aspects but these have been discussed before. At length. Keep saying it but top half and a cup run would represent improvement.
                Tony's probably paid £50m or so when he bought the club 10 days before the window closed, and we were in the Prem. What exactly was he supposed to do? Tell everyone, 'Sorry lads, but we're going to run the club right, and the best thing for us to do is to go straight down with no spending, and start building from scratch.'

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                  Tony's probably paid £50m or so when he bought the club 10 days before the window closed, and we were in the Prem. What exactly was he supposed to do? Tell everyone, 'Sorry lads, but we're going to run the club right, and the best thing for us to do is to go straight down with no spending, and start building from scratch.'
                  But that was just the beginning........ it didn't stop there, did it? Still, better late than never.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                    Was a nice feeling at the end to leave and head back to Euston with 3 points but have to say watching the game was very dreary and we really offer our punters no entertainment whatsoever. The new lad on the left keeps coming inside and Cousins being out wide is not the best choice by our manager. Both give us massive problems if we counter as there is no wide outlet at all.
                    Agree thought Yeni was appalling had he not been On the pitch and we had played with ten men I don't think we would have noticed

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Agree thought Yeni was appalling had he not been On the pitch and we had played with ten men I don't think we would have noticed
                      Being played out of position does nothing for his ability or confidence. Poor management on that score.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                        Being played out of position does nothing for his ability or confidence. Poor management on that score.
                        Yes and no. Playing out of position might affect confidence taking player on etc but it don't stop you running up and down the pitch, getting involved, tackling and passing to your own players that's the bare minimum expectation of any professional footballer whatever position your playing

We love an excuse
                        Last edited by West Acton; 28-08-2016, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          He's only been here two weeks! Got to give new players in a new team and new league time to settle in - Mahrez season 1, 30 appearances, 3 assists 4 goals, second season 37 appearances 17 goals and 11 assists and PFA player of the year. Yeni is unlikely to be as good as Mahrez but he needs time to show what he is capable of.

Comment

Offered sod all the last 2 games so not sure what to make of where to play him. Never threatened his full back in 2 league games I have seen him play.

Comment

I'm not saying get shot of him or drop him I'm saying he should be delivering more especially when it comes to the basics of the game. The flair will come from him with confidence and getting to know the league but he don't need months of experience in championship to put a shift in that's all I'm saying

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                                Offered sod all the last 2 games so not sure what to make of where to play him. Never threatened his full back in 2 league games I have seen him play.
                                his FB would not have had to wash his shirt

Comment

Working...
                                X