• His stats ATM are he gets 2 good chances a game and misses them
    R's

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveQPR1975 View Post
      His stats ATM are he gets 2 good chances a game and misses them
      Unlike you Steve, normally full of positivity ? you feeling ok

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
        How many starts has he made in those 7 months?

I bet if we signed him from a random european team that play at a similar level to peterboro and he scored the same amount as he did the season he signed for us then Nas would be all over his potential and lack of opportunities. He clearly doesnt like him and has made his mind up
        So you think this is a pedigree thing? NEK came from a non league dutch side and went to play for Burton Albion... Where's the Pedigree there? Yeni came from a second division french team, nothing to brag about, but when you see what he's achieved and the way he plays, you can see there's something quality about him. I hope he succeeds, as I hoped Conor would and you can probably look back at the time Conor came to us where I was supportive of the move. You make it seem like either a pedigree or an anti british thing, which it isn't. He made 7 starts and 11 sub appearances for us in the league since joining but I'd like to point out that Polter made his first league start for us 22 matches into the season and played 42 minutes of football over 5 sub appearances for us in total prior to that 22nd match which was on the 19th of December. Washington had made his first start 3 matches into becoming available for us and made 2 sub appearances in the matches prior. He made 3 starts in the space of 5 games while playing 45 minutes in a match in between... and I indeed criticised Polter in the first half of last season as being a pure workhorse player who didn't offer much else. But you saw evolution with him very quickly when he came back in January. He's evolved even more now and he continues to. Washington hasn't.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
          Try telling that to the know-it-all on here.
          Call me know it all, tell me I don't watch games and I just sit there on the stats, you don't even know me, you don't see me, yet you judge me. Grow up, learn a little about showing some common decency, putting forward an argument and backing up your points because for me, when you say things about me that aren't true, you lose credibility and I know that's the case when anyone tries arguing with anyone else and says something just because they're irked that someone disagrees with their opinions. All people want is to hear their opinion in a different voice at the end of the day, you're no different, I'm no different, but when someone tells me I'm wrong, I will tell them what I have to back it up and leave it up to them.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            Call me know it all, tell me I don't watch games and I just sit there on the stats, you don't even know me, you don't see me, yet you judge me. Grow up, learn a little about showing some common decency, putting forward an argument and backing up your points because for me, when you say things about me that aren't true, you lose credibility and I know that's the case when anyone tries arguing with anyone else and says something just because they're irked that someone disagrees with their opinions. All people want is to hear their opinion in a different voice at the end of the day, you're no different, I'm no different, but when someone tells me I'm wrong, I will tell them what I have to back it up and leave it up to them.
            perhaps thats the problem, you feel the need to "back up" everything you say. I, along with thousands of others are able to sit there and judge a player by looking at what they are doing during that 90 minute game.

You need stats to help you form an opinion.

perhaps bring your mate along who is a "big fan of the sport" in order to base your opinions on.

Been going rangers before you was a wisp in your old mans ball sack and know when someone is decent and when not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
              perhaps thats the problem, you feel the need to "back up" everything you say. I, along with thousands of others are able to sit there and judge a player by looking at what they are doing during that 90 minute game.

You need stats to help you form an opinion.

perhaps bring your mate along who is a "big fan of the sport" in order to base your opinions on.

Been going rangers before you was a wisp in your old mans ball sack and know when someone is decent and when not.
              You seem like you'd hate the idea of an expert opinion on anything (not saying my opinion is that, but the fact that you don't like someone who likes to back up what they say). For the record, I don't need to back up what I say, but I like to because it makes it a bit more credible in my opinion. Just as you say stats are deceiving, I say eyes are, but with a combination of both (which is what I do, don't just come up with assumptions that I don't watch games because I watch them a hell of a lot more than you think) you can form a cohesive argument. I brought along my mate because he enjoys watching football. he happens to be able to form opinions (just like you do, just like I do) which you may not agree with but that's fine. You going to the Rangers for as long as you have is admirable, but that doesn't mean you get to be as disrespectful to me as you have been. I try not to disrespect you when you speak to me, I'd hope for the same in return instead of being called an "Irritable little wart" as you so kindly put it on another thread. I don't expect it, nor can I expect anything from anyone as that would be forcing my beliefs on others, but I'd hope for it.
              Last edited by nasser95; 24-08-2016, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• Also, I think this puts to bed the rumour from a while ago that RIG and I are the same person

Comment

So you think this is a pedigree thing? NEK came from a non league dutch side and went to play for Burton Albion... Where's the Pedigree there? Yeni came from a second division french team, nothing to brag about, but when you see what he's achieved and the way he plays, you can see there's something quality about him. I hope he succeeds, as I hoped Conor would and you can probably look back at the time Conor came to us where I was supportive of the move. You make it seem like either a pedigree or an anti british thing, which it isn't. He made 7 starts and 11 sub appearances for us in the league since joining but I'd like to point out that Polter made his first league start for us 22 matches into the season and played 42 minutes of football over 5 sub appearances for us in total prior to that 22nd match which was on the 19th of December. Washington had made his first start 3 matches into becoming available for us and made 2 sub appearances in the matches prior. He made 3 starts in the space of 5 games while playing 45 minutes in a match in between... and I indeed criticised Polter in the first half of last season as being a pure workhorse player who didn't offer much else. But you saw evolution with him very quickly when he came back in January. He's evolved even more now and he continues to. Washington hasn't.
                  i didnt mention pedigree in that comment, you've taken that from a different comment. Nice attempt at strawmanning. How could i be eluding to pedigree when i said if he played for a european team at a similar level to peterboro? surely his pedigree would be similar if he was playing for a team at a similar level. Also what has Yeni achieved yet? In regards to the rest of the paragraph I havent a clue what you are on about, lots of numbers and waffle. The fact you have judged him on 7 starts as a complete failure who isnt up to the task speaks volumes
                  Last edited by Hove Ranger; 24-08-2016, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• Feel sorry for the lad. Washington that is. Lost count of how many times we just get the ball either with the keeper or defender and launch it 60 yards aimlessly forward and expect Washington on his own to do something with it. Not his game at all. For the first 40 minutes not only was he up top on his own, he had El Khyati behind him who was woeful. Then when Rochdale are shattered he gets moved to left midfield. Have no doubts he would have put away that Polter chance from the Chery pull back. He needs a run of games and better tactics than hoofball to establish whether he can cut it at this level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                      i didnt mention pedigree in that comment, you've taken that from a different comment i made. Nice attempt at strawmanning. How could i be eluding to pedigree when i said if he played for a european team at a similar level to peterboro? surely his pedigree would be similar if he was playing for a team at a similar level. Also what has Yeni achieved yet? In regards to the rest of the paragraph I havent a clue what you are on about, lots of numbers and waffle. The fact you have judged him on 7 starts as a complete failure who isnt up to the task speaks volumes
                      I've judged him relative to the other options we've had. 7 starts in the league where he looked out of his depth and a few starts in the cup against teams in leagues below us where he looked about his level says a lot to me... I know others have underperformed against the lower level sides, but they've also performed well against teams at our level so they can be considered inconsistent, but not "not good enough". In fact perhaps that shouldn't be the word I use, I'll say instead "Not right for us" as that makes more sense. I don't think he's the right fit for us with what we're trying to do.

I added that you make it sound like a pedigree thing or an anti british player thing, but what else could it be? You think I'm just here for the hype Journey and I don't do my research? C'mon mate, you should know better about me than that. You also ignore the data and while I can't exactly make you read them, I'd suggest you do as it shows why I've made a judgement based on 7 starts.

Comment

• Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
                        Feel sorry for the lad. Washington that is. Lost count of how many times we just get the ball either with the keeper or defender and launch it 60 yards aimlessly forward and expect Washington on his own to do something with it. Not his game at all. For the first 40 minutes not only was he up top on his own, he had El Khyati behind him who was woeful. Then when Rochdale are shattered he gets moved to left midfield. Have no doubts he would have put away that Polter chance from the Chery pull back. He needs a run of games and better tactics than hoofball to establish whether he can cut it at this level.
                        Yeah I agree but he still had 2 very good chances one he shot at keeper and the other he decided to fall over
                        R's

Comment

• Nasser, I admire the fact you to stick to an opinion and argue it, no matter how ludicrous they are... But does the amount of people disagreeing with you on this subject not make you think you may either 1) Not know what you're talking about or 2) You are being more than harsh or 3) Both

It'd also be helpful if you could stop waffling in paragraphs as said above, keep it constructive and relevant!

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                            Nasser, I admire the fact you to stick to an opinion and argue it, no matter how ludicrous they are... But does the amount of people disagreeing with you on this subject not make you think you may either 1) Not know what you're talking about or 2) You are being more than harsh or 3) Both

It'd also be helpful if you could stop waffling in paragraphs as said above, keep it constructive and relevant!
                            Everything I put in is relevant, it's numbers to back up my points. If people want to read them, they're more than welcome to, if they don't it's their choice but I don't think that helps make their argument more valid.

The fact that loads of people here disagree with me is irrelevant to me, as I've said, I don't base my opinion on what other people say they see, I base it on the facts and what I see. The combination is what matters.

Comment

Everything I put in is relevant, it's numbers to back up my points. If people want to read them, they're more than welcome to, if they don't it's their choice but I don't think that helps make their argument more valid.

The fact that loads of people here disagree with me is irrelevant to me, as I've said, I don't base my opinion on what other people say they see, I base it on the facts and what I see. The combination is what matters.
                              Not everything you say is relevant mate, look at the lengths of your posts...

The most ludicrous thing I've heard on here today is you saying CW got picked for the Euros because of NI's 'lack of options', and then further contradicted that by saying he was picked for his pace.

I mean, it's just a load of waffle cobblers half the time.
                              Last edited by West London is Rss; 24-08-2016, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post

The most ludicrous thing I've heard on here today is you saying CW got picked for the Euros because of NI's 'lack of options', and then further contradicted that by saying he was picked for his pace.
                                Maybe has a point "We are a country with less than 40 professional players to choose from,” O’Neill said. Most are drawn from the lower reaches of the English and Scottish league system." - http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/16/sp...-cup-1982.html

Comment

Working...
                                X