Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by blueandwright View Post
    I know its not his favoured position and might still give us the same width problem but y not start him out wide instead of cousins and see what he can do linking up with Polter coming in off either flank. Can't get much more narrow than cousins and yeni hasn't exactly set the world alight with his performances as a wide man.
    Tbf, I thought Yeni looked great on his debut against Swindon when playing on the right (granted it was Swindon). He also won us the second pen against Barnsley so he's getting in good positions. I personally would like the midfield and attack to be:

---------Polter---------
    Shodipo---Chery---Yeni
    ---Luongo---Cousins---

With those midfield Pair rotating every few games between Luongo, Cousins, Borysuik, Henry, just to give them all proper rest because they're gonna have to be our hardest working players. Where Conor fits in could be in rotation with Mide on the left, it seems like the Gaffer wants Gladwin to be on the right so he can cover Yeni there and Chery needs to be covered by someone too, hopefully someone to be signed soon.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      Well actually it's just that fans have been calling out for us to have a young British spine for some reason when we should be looking for a young talented spine before all else. If they're British, so be it, if they aren't why do we need to force it?
      Again, that's an inaccurate statement, which for a stats man is disappointing to read. It's actually Hasselbaink himself who's called for that, not the fans.

Comment

Tbf, I thought Yeni looked great on his debut against Swindon when playing on the right (granted it was Swindon). He also won us the second pen against Barnsley so he's getting in good positions. I personally would like the midfield and attack to be:

---------Polter---------
        Shodipo---Chery---Yeni
        ---Luongo---Cousins---

With those midfield Pair rotating every few games between Luongo, Cousins, Borysuik, Henry, just to give them all proper rest because they're gonna have to be our hardest working players. Where Conor fits in could be in rotation with Mide on the left, it seems like the Gaffer wants Gladwin to be on the right so he can cover Yeni there and Chery needs to be covered by someone too, hopefully someone to be signed soon.
        reckon yeni could cover chery if needed, he looks to come inside quite a lot and can play up top so don't see why he couldnt slot in at cam quite comfortably. I just think even out of position if conor gets a few starts in a row and nicks a goal then who knows. Not all players have the ability to make an instant impact as a sub, especially with his confidence a bit low.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          Again, that's an inaccurate statement, which for a stats man is disappointing to read. Actually it's Hasselbaink himself who's called for that, not the fans.
          Fans and manager, I do recall it and I just forgot.. apologies. No need to keep calling out every missed statement mate. And the fans have called for it, there was a thread on it here
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Funny thread this haha

Comment

Fans and manager, I do recall it and I just forgot.. apologies. No need to keep calling out every missed statement mate. And the fans have called for it, there was a thread on it here
              But this is my point Nas. It's an inaccurate statement. The manager was the first to call for it; the fans then just echoed that. I'm really not trying to call you out, but when I read such inaccuracies I will respond, regardless of who's saying it.

Comment

But this is my point Nas. It's an inaccurate statement. The manager was the first to call for it; the fans then just echoed that. I'm really not trying to call you out, but when I read such inaccuracies I will respond, regardless of who's saying it.
                I seem to recall before the manager called for it, over the last few seasons people have been disgruntled by the lack of a British Spine. This isn't just from this season, it's from the last few years, that's what I mean. It's not something that people have said just season and JFH's comments came on the back of years of disgruntled fans wanting a British core.

Comment

It's not something that people have said just season and JFH's comments came on the back of years of disgruntled fans wanting a British core.
                  You're making a false and non-existent connection between the two. Some fans may well have called for that over the last few years, but that bears no correlation to JFH's statement when he first joined the club. Those were his own independent views based on the characteristics of what he believes the typical British style of play brings to a unique league like the Championship - attributes which he greatly admires. They're beliefs uninfluenced by what some fans may have wanted, and which he wouldn't have had knowledge of anyway.

Comment

You're making a false and non-existent connection between the two. Some fans may well have called for that over the last few years, but that bears no correlation to JFH's statement when he first joined the club. Those were his own independent views based on the characteristics of what he believes the typical British style of play brings to a unique league like the Championship - attributes he greatly admires. Beliefs uninfluenced by what some fans may have wanted, and which he wouldn't have had knowledge of anyway.
                    By came on the back of, I mean it came after all the years of that, it's not necessarily connected and you can see with his Burton team that he values the English Core irrespective.

Comment

By came on the back of, I mean it came after all the years of that, it's not necessarily connected and you can see with his Burton team that he values the English Core irrespective.
                      Fine. Therefore you would agree that this earlier post is somewhat inaccurate, being that you omitted what the actual QPR manager's vision is?

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      Well actually it's just that fans have been calling out for us to have a young British spine for some reason when we should be looking for a young talented spine before all else. If they're British, so be it, if they aren't why do we need to force it?

Comment

• JFH has signed three British players and two foreign players this summer.

Comment

• If he had been given the money required, I bet he would have bought five British players..
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                            If he had been given the money required, I bet he would have bought five British players..
                            or five Brazilians

Comment

Fine. Therefore you would agree that this earlier post is somewhat inaccurate, being that you omitted what the actual QPR manager's vision is?
                              It is somewhat inaccurate in that I forgot that he mentioned it as well, adding some validation to the suggestion of a British spine. That's another discussion that we shouldn't get into in any case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                                If he had been given the money required, I bet he would have bought five British players..
                                He would have probably bought the five best players he could buy with that money...

Comment

Working...
                                X