Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What were your earliest memories of QPR? Heres mine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigray View Post
    I first saw the Rangers in 1947 when I was 13 years old and there was a Welsh winger who was absolutely great. Needless to say I don't remember anything about the game but have supported the team ever since
    Ivor Powell ?

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
      Ivor Powell ?
      Ivor was awarded the MBE and was 96 when he died in 2012 God bless him.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        Snap - my first ever game too. We won 1-0 with Dave Webb scoring iirc. That was our great year but Man City had a great team too with the likes of Bell, Summerbee, Hartford, Lee, Tueart, Kidd and Corrigan. As a kid, climbing the steps on SAR and seeing the pitch for the first time in real life was an awe-inspiring memory that will live with me forever.
        Ha, how about that! Think it was 2-0 to us!

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
          Conway Smith? Cannonball shot. Or was he later?
          He was a little later 1951-56 but scored around 80 goals in 170 games,remember him well.

Comment

Well done..Ivor Powell was the Welsh winger. Great winger. Thanks for reminding me.

Comment

Dad took me to my first ever game when we beat Spurs 4-1 at home, 92 or 93 I believe. The ball landed at my feet and being a 6 year old I picked it up. We were sitting right behind the goal. Tony Roberts came up to me and I handed him the ball. He gave me a thumbs up and said cheers mate, and I've been hooked since.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                Dad took me to my first ever game when we beat Spurs 4-1 at home, 92 or 93 I believe. The ball landed at my feet and being a 6 year old I picked it up. We were sitting right behind the goal. Tony Roberts came up to me and I handed him the ball. He gave me a thumbs up and said cheers mate, and I've been hooked since.
                Think we were one nil down ? If so remember gazza getting loads of stick and loads moved down to the corner by Ellerslie as he was on corners.mars bar days.
                "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                London Pride is a flower that's free.
                London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Went to visit my dads uncle Paddy in Wyborne way as a tiny little boy and was presented with a bundle of QPR programmes ( the whole family were hoops) and that was that......

First actual game was Chelsea away when we were both threatened with relegation and the half time music was Gloria Gaynors 'I will survive '.....

Comment

Home game vs Boro 1976 4-2 to us lived in Hanwell.

Comment

Working...
                    X