Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What were your earliest memories of QPR? Heres mine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crikey cricketer i remember that bournemouth home game in 65,but my first qpr game was when i was 4 so it must have been 58-59 season,i can only remember the beautifull colours the vividity of the green turf the sun bownced of the shirts giving them a sort of iridescence
    Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

1952,64 years ago v Colchester.I was standing in the boys section in Loftus Rd and was hit in the face by the ball during the kick about before the game,and was taken to the treatment room by the St.John's Ambulance Brigade and got to meet the players after the game and have been hooked on the R's ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
        1952,64 years ago v Colchester.I was standing in the boys section in Loftus Rd and was hit in the face by the ball during the kick about before the game,and was taken to the treatment room by the St.John's Ambulance Brigade and got to meet the players after the game and have been hooked on the R's ever since.
        This was in the old Third Div South days before the Fourth Div was formed from the bottom half of both the Third Div South and the bottom half of the Third Div North.

Comment

88 league cup v luton won 2-1.

Other memories are in the lower loft standing with harold bishop, dave the tramp, and the punk.

Scariest moment. Tomy coton goes to retrieve the ball from behind the goal, someone in the crowd flemmed up and gobbed right in his face.

He then glared straight at me and mumbled to himself.
          The stare lasted for 10 seconds. I shat myself. Thought he was going to go for me hahahaha
          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

you should mention they were not the fido balls they use today, was like being hit with a bag of cement. I had a similar experience in the mid-sixties and it bloody hurt
            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
            This morning's tempest I have to cross
            I must be guided without a stumble
            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Home v Man City 1975, went with my mate who claimed Don Shanks was his cousin. I've got a feeling he was making that up. Stood right by the pitch in what is now the paddocks and my main memory is of watching Mike Summerbee taking a throw in and being amazed how much the veins in his head were throbbing and bulging fit to burst. He looked like he was about to have a heart attack.

Comment

Apart from watching the Hoops on the Big match with Brain Moore in black and white in 1973, my first time at a match was in 1975 away to Ipswich. I was on a school trip in some posh place just outside Ipswich (Hengrave Hall or something beginning with H). We went after school on the Friday evening, on Saturday morning the teacher who came with us asked if anyone wanted to go and watch Ipswich Town, he was a fan. About 4 of us said yeah you bet and for me it was a given as the mighty Queens Park Rangers were playing. I remember it being a fairly bright Saturday I'm sure it was in the autumn or winter as I wore a coat. The match was a pretty even affair and I remember us wearing the red and white halves. Don Givens scored I think, from outside the area with a cracker in the goal we were standing behind. Seem to remember that the crowd wasn't segregated very much but there wasn't any trouble.
                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I first saw the Rangers in 1947 when I was 13 years old and there was a Welsh winger who was absolutely great. Needless to say I don't remember anything about the game but have supported the team ever since

Comment

Originally posted by bigray View Post
                    I first saw the Rangers in 1947 when I was 13 years old and there was a Welsh winger who was absolutely great. Needless to say I don't remember anything about the game but have supported the team ever since
                    Big ray you must be one of our most senior fans, more ups and downs than anyone else
                    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                      you should mention they were not the fido balls they use today, was like being hit with a bag of cement. I had a similar experience in the mid-sixties and it bloody hurt
                      You're right there Lyme it did sting a bit and took me several minutes to come round.

Comment

my 1st game was when i went with the cubs aged around 8 , when i was 10/11 my mates took me 30p to get in the loft or 25p to get in the school end in those days the fans mixed together in the school end , first game we lost to blackpool 0-1

Comment

Great story. Long standing concussion, Gee...... Twenty five years before I turned up. But I remember nothing about my first game other than how green was the pitch. W 2-1 at home against WBA.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                            Home v Man City 1975.
                            Snap - my first ever game too. We won 1-0 with Dave Webb scoring iirc. That was our great year but Man City had a great team too with the likes of Bell, Summerbee, Hartford, Lee, Tueart, Kidd and Corrigan. As a kid, climbing the steps on SAR and seeing the pitch for the first time in real life was an awe-inspiring memory that will live with me forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                              Big ray you must be one of our most senior fans, more ups and downs than anyone else
                              Originally posted by bigray View Post
                              I thought I was one of the longest serving supporters Bigray,but fair play to you,you must be what,82 now,I take my hat off to you sir,well done I'm a mere 72.

PS thanks 77 for your earlier comment.

Comment

Conway Smith? Cannonball shot. Or was he later?

Comment

Working...
                                X