Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What were your earliest memories of QPR? Heres mine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What were your earliest memories of QPR? Heres mine.

Hey all, just curious how everyone came to support this club amd also wanted to share.my experience. Sorry for the bad grammer and language used, learning disabilities.

Mine was back in 1996 sitting with the Merlin Premier league sticker album in my nans front room, sifting thru the teams and noticing qpr , loving the kit and also noticing how close they were and following them ever since. Never doubted it or switched for a moment despite a lot of my friends switching for UTD to arsenal at the turn of the millennium. I will always remember when we got promoted back to the premiership in 2011 as the greatest day. The playoff day was great but 2011 was the realisation of a what felt like a whole lifetime watching and supporting them in the lower leagues and being ecstatic with little victories but then we dominated, we were fantastic and rightfully went up. It was just extremely special and for that reason adel will always be my favourite player. I never used to go to watch qpr as a kid, so the amount of footagr seen was minimal but anything i could catvh whether ceefax, sticker album facts, radio, tv I would. i was really poor from a pretty abusive household and not much better off now but qpr is the one treat. I dont get those fans who go and boo or just shout at our players. Shout at the other team anf.the #### referees fine, i get it is your right it just doesnt make sense to me. going to watch qpr is magical for me. The smell of the grass, the weird betting ads in the urinals, the fresh air, being with my kids, night games (by far the best of any games). The ability to shout and get angry and it being ok which as an autistic I desperately need, the ability to be able to release frustration.and.anger with 15,000 others feels great. I am super excited for the season to be back, two and a half months with out going to LR now feels like a lifetime.

Beat villa at home 1976, masson and clement. Been hooked ever since, good times, bad times, will never get tired of going to loftus road.

Comment

good topic nano ,and an excellent ( and honest ) post
      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Must've been 1975 nano , dickie Davies on world of sport saying Queens Park Rangers. I was 6 years old , by the age of 10 the first grey hair had sprouted
        Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Mine was Oct 81 against Blackburn ,we won 2`0 .
          What done me was ,the whole day out . Coming from Rose Hill ( between Sutton and Morden in the suburbs of South London ) i`d already started going to football at Palace ,because my school gave out free tickets , and had gone as far as to bring a Palace scarf into the house ! My old man ( RIP) couldnt handle this disturbing turn of events and decided to stop going to Rangers with his mates and start taking me ! Going to Palace was a 157 bus ride to Croydon away ,but going to Rangers seemed quite exotic ! Another world away ( in reality about 15 miles away ) it seemed !
          We had family over on the Wormholt estate ,so it meant a quick visit to them first ,two crazy old Irish ladies ! Then a walk through the park ,my teeth chattering with excitement ,something id never experienced watching Palace ,there was something magical at Loftus Rd ,that i hadnt experienced before ,it might be my Dads influence ,or the fact it was the other side of London ,the blue and white hoops ,and the Loft in full voice ( an imminent cup final appearance probably helped too ! ) but i was hooked ,
          and still am now.......
          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

29 Jan 1965 - QPR 1-1 Bournemouth . Never forgotten.

Comment

Not being allowed to watch the '82 cup final on TV and having to go to a friends birthday party instead, getting all the QPR Panini '86 stickers stuck on my bed and happy I was finally going to see them at Wembley that year. The tickets got cancelled a month before the cup final and we couldn't go due to some mess up somewhere and too many being sold (we were getting them through Oxford for some reason, don't ask). First game I think was '87 at home to Everton and we lost 0-1.

Comment

I was 9, Saturday 1st March 1969, a friendly match, Queens Park Rangers v Arbroath.

We had been knocked out of the FA cup and I believe it was a game arranged to get Marsh fit, we won 6-3, Marsh scored a har trick, but we still got relegated that year.

Here is a programme for the game.

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedi...arch-466707529
                Last edited by cross it Dave; 16-07-2016, 03:08 AM.
                I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                  Beat villa at home 1976, masson and clement. Been hooked ever since, good times, bad times, will never get tired of going to loftus road.
                  That was my first game too.
                  My Dad, God rest his soul, wasn't big into football so my uncle took me when I was 8. I'm not sure I watched any of the match though as I was too fixated on the grown men around me, uncle included, all shouting, swearing, singing etc etc. I'm ashamed to say that up to that point in my life i'd followed the scum, like most of the mates I grew up with.
                  Lucky escape...
                  “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                  Will Danaher

Comment

born in Hammersmith hospital and lived the first 14 years in Batman Close. A 1 minute trip to the ground. Today it's 160ish miles away and a 7 hour round trip, but I'll be there next season. Earliest memories was playing on the hill where now the SA stands. Was lucky that when I really got into the R's it was the start of 3 years of pure heaven (1966-68) Two more additions and it's going to be party time again
                    Last edited by lymehoop; 16-07-2016, 08:04 AM.
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Top thread and a top post from Nanoptic. My first memory of QPR was the season when we became runners up and we were compared with Holland. From my position in front of the telly, I did instantly fall in love with our kit, but not as much as I adored the way we played. We attacked with nearly the entire team. I think it was branded total-fotball.
                      I´m not sure who my first favourite player was, but if I have to pick one, it has to be Stan Bowles. I´m still a huge fan of QPR, and like Nanoptic and others: If possible, probably more than ever.
                      Last edited by Shania; 16-07-2016, 10:49 AM.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Mainly being disappointed and let down

Comment

Earliest memory is probably my first game, home to Southampton in the PL, I think it was the year we went down (95/96?). We won 3-1 I think, Dichio scored a great goal. I remember being gutted when, upon entering South Africa Road, the steward on the turnstile took the wooden "stick" from the flag the old man had bought me, only to get into the stadium and see scores of people waving their flags complete with the sticks
                          So yea, exactly as Jimmy says above, pretty much disappointed from day 1
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Lived in Loftus Rd and got run over by an ice cream van Tony's of Acton when I was 3 years old. First on the scene were QPR medical team tending to me before the ambulance arrived (got me face ripped open and hand crushed).
                            Worked in QPR prob all my youth as a tray boy and allsorts (Marsh still owes me for a packet of Smiths crisps he nicked outta me tray ! )
                            I can claim to be the closest living fan having lived right next door to the entrance of the Loft.

Comment

Being passed over the turnstiles when I 5.Kids hardly ever paid then.The turnstile staff used to help. Unfortunately that was over 60 years ago.
                              Originally a Paddington boy. My son now goes with me as I went with my dad who went with his dad.

Comment

Working...
                              X