Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fee Agreed For Matt Phillips. Deal Done.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think he ever looked that good for us, seem to play better away from home than at home. Switching him in most games to play on the left at times never worked even once.

Comment

says 6mil here

QPR Fans @QPRnews
      #QPR #Hoops West Brom confirm signing of Matt Phillips from QPR for £6m #QPRFC http://dld.bz/eFqWH
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
        says 6mil here

QPR Fans @QPRnews
        #QPR #Hoops West Brom confirm signing of Matt Phillips from QPR for £6m #QPRFC http://dld.bz/eFqWH
        “He’s a great acquisition because he adds to the versatility within the group. He gives us both wide positions and is also able to play as a central striker. We’re absolutely delighted to welcome Matt to the club.”

Indeed he is able to... but he certainly won't play well as a central striker.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          “He’s a great acquisition because he adds to the versatility within the group. He gives us both wide positions and is also able to play as a central striker. We’re absolutely delighted to welcome Matt to the club.”

Indeed he is able to... but he certainly won't play well as a central striker.
          I'll go with Tony's judgement on that

Comment

Phillips as a central striker in the PL.....

Comment

Football is like no other job in the world. How can you perform so poorly and inconsistently at your job, and then be rewarded with what is effectively a promotion, with the same or maybe even higher pay

Comment

Wasn't it him that missed those sitters away at Boro when Charlie was injured?

Comment

Originally posted by uptheR's View Post
                  Football is like no other job in the world. How can you perform so poorly and inconsistently at your job, and then be rewarded with what is effectively a promotion, with the same or maybe even higher pay
                  It's a Funny old game.
                  C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Stoke’s technical director Nicky Hammond added: “He’s a great acquisition because he adds to the versatility within the group. He gives us both wide positions and is also able to play as a central striker. We’re absolutely delighted to welcome Matt to the club.”

What a know nothing. F ack's sake. My heart sank into my boots everytime the plank was played up front by himself. Fella put watch the Spurs away game when we got drubbed 4-0 with Phillips labouring up front. Swansea and WBA must be favourites for the drop.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                      Wasn't it him that missed those sitters away at Boro when Charlie was injured?
                      Yep, when he went through what I would call his worst run as a QPR player when he was deployed for 5 games as a striker, losing the ball directly (either by poor touch or being tackled) 5.2 times a game and had under 2 shots a game. Shockingly, didn't score a single goal as a striker.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Good business for the club. Now lets invest in some proper young and hungry up and coming players who will bust a gut to get in the side week in week out.

Out of interest, what attacking wide player in their right mind would want to go to West Brom.... the worst most direct style (or lack of) of football known on earth constantly lumping it up to the target man. Pulis is like a poison to the beautiful game.

Comment

Not sad to see him go..one of the most frustrating players we have had in recent times...his obvious lack of interest once Charlie Austin Left was an insult to the club and fans

Comment

Another good piece of business getting a fee for a high wage earner who delivered very little, invest this money properly and we'll have a decent Championship side shaping up!
                            @gatorTFC

Comment

Good player on his day but a bit too injury prone and pretty clear he wanted his move.

Another of Redknapps signings we have got money back for. Don't think hardly any of Hughes' signings we managed to sell on for decent money.

Comment

Great business. Was really starting to get on my t!ts with his sub standard performances!!

Comment

Working...
                                X