No announcement yet.

England squad!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have taken Townsend for the simple fact he likes to take people on and has developed a slight end product this season.

Comment

I wouldn't personally have put Townsend in the squad a couple of weeks back. Few good games for relegated Newcastle is hardly good enough for me. However, having put him in the squad, he got 10 minutes in 1 game? Hardly giving him a chance is it? What was the point in picking him if guaranteed not to go. In his 10 minutes he looked much better than sterling, who I reckon will be the next swp when it comes to crossing.

Comment

Milner is '5th best player at Euro 2016' - apparently.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36420669

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          Milner is '5th best player at Euro 2016' - apparently.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36420669
          Versatile player who is coming off the back of a decent season for Liverpool. Would have been idiotic to leave him out IMO.

Comment

Really rate Milner, he's come on so well last season.

Comment

Well that was disappointing tonight. Only Roy could set up a team to have two of the top scorers in the Premier League tracking back. The diamond cleary didn't work tonight, and the big question going into the tournament is does he persist with it just to accommodate Rooney?
              More of the same this Euros, and reckon we'll be out after the three games.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                Well that was disappointing tonight. Only Roy could set up a team to have two of the top scorers in the Premier League tracking back. The diamond cleary didn't work tonight, and the big question going into the tournament is does he persist with it just to accommodate Rooney?
                More of the same this Euros, and reckon we'll be out after the three games.
                a
                Very frustrating to watch that was. Kane and Vardy finding themselves in wide positions because of Rooney was really winding me up. Alli has to play behind Kane, played the whole season together and know each others game inside out.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                  a
                  Very frustrating to watch that was. Kane and Vardy finding themselves in wide positions because of Rooney was really winding me up. Alli has to play behind Kane, played the whole season together and know each others game inside out.
                  Wont happen as long as Rooney is fit and Roy in charge.
                  Even a 4231, which i would prefer to see us play, would have Roo in the hole.

Comment

I don't understand the praise for Milner. Runs around a lot and can play average in a number of positions. Should have taken drinkwater.

Comment

^^I don't rate Milner that highly either but Drinkwater isn't much more than a pair of legs. What worked for Leicester won't cut it at international level.

Anyway, it is absolutely INSANE the way no pundits are willing to even suggest that Rooney is holding this team back. This guy is bulletproof. Either he has some serious dirt on someone or the sponsors & money men have completely vetoed any criticism of him.

Hopefully Roy walks after the summer and takes Wayne with him.

Comment

Originally posted by FACTS View Post
                        ^^I don't rate Milner that highly either but Drinkwater isn't much more than a pair of legs. What worked for Leicester won't cut it at international level.

Anyway, it is absolutely INSANE the way no pundits are willing to even suggest that Rooney is holding this team back. This guy is bulletproof. Either he has some serious dirt on someone or the sponsors & money men have completely vetoed any criticism of him.

Hopefully Roy walks after the summer and takes Wayne with him.
                        Calm down the comp hasn't started. You could see the difference when Wilshire plays and we will do just fine. I personally wouldn't start vardy as his pace would be good in latter parts of the game.
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

very hard to watch England sometimes, don't see us progressing far after watching that performance
                          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                          This morning's tempest I have to cross
                          I must be guided without a stumble
                          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                            very hard to watch England sometimes, don't see us progressing far after watching that performance
                            I'm having a 'cheeky punt' on us not getting out the group.

Woys insistence on making room for Rooney in the side will ensure that we are useless as always and get him sacked.
                            Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 03-06-2016, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Looks like we started the Euro's last night.. That's the way we normally play. Rubbish. Agree with the above poster, Rooney is bullet proof, he was shocking in that position, Vardy, Kane and Alli all missed out to accomadate him... Is he really that good?? Previous tournaments prove he isn't.
                              C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

What annoys me is Roy changing philosophy right before the start of a tournament.

Should stick to the 4 2 3 1 that worked so well during the qualifying.

But how he's pandered to public demand of playing vardy and Kane together. I'd much prefer to have vardy chumming at the bit on the bench to make a impression and play Kane uptop on his own.

Now vardy thinks he's a starter.

We have no width in this new 4 1 2 1 2 formation and a new sttem just before we start the tournament to accommodate Rooney when Ali should be a number 10. Wtf is the idiot playing at.

The team against Germany was spot on imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X