Potential Loan Signings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential Loan Signings?

After his long playing career in this country you'd like to think JFH has some decent contacts at some of the big clubs that will hopefully enable us to take some of their young talent on loan.
    Chelsea's an obvious one. They've stockpiled youth players in recent years and plenty to choose from that im sure Jimmy would be keen on. Bamford would be fantastic and would solve our need for a goalscorer.
    Over at Arsenal, the likes of Jon Toral, Akpom or Gnabry would be useful additions.
    Assuming LVG will still be at United, there's a dutch connection that might see us getting someone like James Wilson.
    Played for him at Chelsea, so that might see Ranieri prepared to loan us someone such as De Laet.

We have the potential to work the loan market a lot better this time around, than we did last summer.

I hope we don't go down the scum route mate. If we do then the one I'd look at is bamford on loan. Hasn't really made a impact in the prem but seems able to perform at championship level.

But Pritchard from Spurs would be a amazing loan signing. Apparently went west brom and hasn't got a look in. Might need to jump back down to championship to reignite his career again and get playing time.

Also we shouldn't bring in more than 2 or 3 at the most as we want to build a squad capable of competing.

Comment

Chelsea have a #### load of quality youngsters that will never see the first team. Won the youth European cup but they'll spend #### loads on new players this summer again.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
        I hope we don't go down the scum route mate. If we do then the one I'd look at is bamford on loan. Hasn't really made a impact in the prem but seems able to perform at championship level.

But Pritchard from Spurs would be a amazing loan signing. Apparently went west brom and hasn't got a look in. Might need to jump back down to championship to reignite his career again and get playing time.

Also we shouldn't bring in more than 2 or 3 at the most as we want to build a squad capable of competing.
        This is the key thing, the issue a lot of people had with abusing the loan market last summer was the Harry Redknapp situation where we then don't have the same squad in the prem. If we do go down the loan route, I'd like us to bring in players we actually have a chance of keeping after.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

Ptitchard is a great shout.
          Might even be possible to get him signed on a perm.

I'd have no issue with youth players coming in on loan from Chelsea as long as they show the right attitude.
          Theres one we were linked to back in jan, that went on loan to a spanish club - Musondra i think his name is - what a talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
            Chelsea have a #### load of quality youngsters that will never see the first team. Won the youth European cup but they'll spend #### loads on new players this summer again.
            Most of the are just bought to be loaned out with an eye on making a quick profit.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post

I'd have no issue with youth players coming in on loan from Chelsea as long as they show the right attitude.
              Theres one we were linked to back in jan, that went on loan to a spanish club - Musondra i think his name is - what a talent.
              Musonda is supposedly the best young player in Belgium. I can see him getting loaned to another prem team, he's that good. If we manage to get him, he could be a huge coup.

"What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                This is the key thing, the issue a lot of people had with abusing the loan market last summer was the Harry Redknapp situation where we then don't have the same squad in the prem. If we do go down the loan route, I'd like us to bring in players we actually have a chance of keeping after.
                Quite a few of the players ive listed are probably now at a crossroad with these big clubs, so might be able to get a option to buy clause in any loan deal.

Comment

That's one thing I liked about jfh, he didn't bother getting silly unnecessary loan players in for a dead season. Really think he will get us some special youngsters in for next season with his contacts and respect throughout the game.

Comment

Quite a few of the players ive listed are probably now at a crossroad with these big clubs, so might be able to get a option to buy clause in any loan deal.
                    Yeah make you right Bamford and Carrol must fall into that category

Comment

He's making a name for himself at Betis, there was Rumours we were after him in January. Don't know how true it was. Can't see him coming to us now. They have plenty of other youngsters. Dom Solanke, Todd Kane and Izzy Brown. Chelsea fella I know reckons they are decent.
                      C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

agree Norths, not sure what sort of money Bamford / Pritchard / Caroll are going to command. But all really at the stage now where if they were going to break through, they probably would have and all 3 dont seem close to a starting spot at their clubs at all. Imagine all 3 will end up in the championship, so why not us.

For the record, not keen on Carroll at all, but im sure you get the point.

Comment

Bamford if he can recapture his form would be a fantastic acquisition. I havent seen Pritchard play, and Musonda is far too good for us. I think Carroll will end up at Swansea or another similar club.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                            Yeah make you right Bamford and Carrol must fall into that category
                            For sure.
                            Cant see Bamford getting a sniff of first team football there next season. What is he now, 22/23?
                            Carroll must be around same age as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              Really surprised jfh ain't used his vast influence after years in the prem to get us a blinding little loan player or two.
                              Agreed Kevin

Comment

Working...
                              X