No announcement yet.

Is JFH any better than Ramsey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do want him to succeed and think he deserves patience and as for any of your rubbish about burying my head in the sand I do not I watch games and form an opinion myself. No wind up just do not buy into you and your stats as I form an opinion of what I know and see. Cheers Nass and thanks for you input.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
      I do want him to succeed and think he deserves patience and as for any of your rubbish about burying my head in the sand I do not I watch games and form an opinion myself. No wind up just do not buy into you and your stats as I form an opinion of what I know and see. Cheers Nass and thanks for you input.
      Just a bit more proof here mate, you're ignoring what I said again. I said with CW it is opinionated, there's no suggestion that you are digging your head into the sand with this. You love getting aggressive for no reason it seems. I really have no issue with you having your opinion, or the method by which you come across that opinion. As I've said, I watch every game at home in person and then at home and I watch every away game at home. I just add on the stats to validate anything I see. You're acting like we don't agree on this, even though we do. Do yourself a favour and read my posts before you criticise me unnecessarily.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

No aggression just do not agree with you on stats. You use stats I use experience of playing the game and coaching as well. Cheers Nass as I will see it for what it is and not how figures show it.

Comment

No aggression just do not agree with you on stats. You use stats I use experience of playing the game and coaching as well. Cheers Nass as I will see it for what it is and not how figures show it.
          They can always work together mate, I'm experienced enough in the sport to know that.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Of course you are Nass. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              You're actually ridiculous here, calling that a miss hit cross for the goal. That was an absolute peach of a cross and you're really clutching at straws to defend your point. Calling that goal against charlton "decent" is a disrespect to it.
              WOW !!

Next time someone suggests you really don't have a clue, please refer back to this post for the evidence as to why they might feel that way.

I can tell you now, that never in a million years was that an intended cross, simply a truly appalling effort on goal. You must be on a wind up with this one, as it's as clear as day that he didn't mean to cross it. Anyone could have seen that mate, even if JFH hadn't all but confirmed the fact in his interview.

Credit to Phillips though as that header was by far and away the best thing he has done all season.

Comment

It was indeed a terrible attempt on goal but unfortunately statto will not have for love nor money. But then according to the same person Phillips has been a game changer!

Comment

Been just viewing and reading on here for a couple of years,so a big hello to everyone on here,used to post on the old lsa and on the indyrs,have to say to nas stats arguments and how he thinks cw has had enough time and not done anything,its a pity when he came on as a sub in his first appearance, that great pass to chery within the first 5/10 mins of comming on wasnt put away,otherwise he`d of been brilliant just by nas`s stats,then the rest could of been history
                  To me cw looks very good and just needs game time obviously,but anyone who knows the game,will know this!
                  http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Hello to everyone by the way on my first post ive been browsing on here and others for years,used to post on the old lsa and indyrrs,wanted to say about nas`s comments about washington and thinking hes had enough time/chances, its a shame when washington made his first appearance off as a sub within minutes supplying that great pass to chery,ofwhich he fluffed and hit the post,if that had of gone in,nasserstatman would of had him right up there with the amount of game time and a assists and then who would of known how it would of panned out after that! i hope all managers dont go on this stat thing instead of knowing a good player when you see one with youre own eyes,regardless of their stats stats dont tell the full story end of

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                      Hello to everyone by the way on my first post ive been browsing on here and others for years,used to post on the old lsa and indyrrs,wanted to say about nas`s comments about washington and thinking hes had enough time/chances, its a shame when washington made his first appearance off as a sub within minutes supplying that great pass to chery,ofwhich he fluffed and hit the post,if that had of gone in,nasserstatman would of had him right up there with the amount of game time and a assists and then who would of known how it would of panned out after that! i hope all managers dont go on this stat thing instead of knowing a good player when you see one with youre own eyes,regardless of their stats stats dont tell the full story end of
                      Welcome, I remember that great pass and if only Chery put it away. Why is he not getting any more game time is a big mystery?

We should play players in their correct positions and play players in form, not down to loyalty.

Comment

Good of you to start posting in a sarcastically derogatory manner. I agree that if he'd gotten that assist, it might have changed things. Not because of the fact that he would have had one assist and therefore incredible statistics, but because of the fact that it may have given him the confidence to go and do more things like that. Now, you've supposedly been reading this whole argument and I assume you missed the bit where I described how I operate not only with the numbers but with what I see on the pitch and on the 90 minutes replay on the offy every week. And just to point out, if all he got was 1 assist in this equivalent game time, it's really not impressive in any case.

My hope from that assist would not be of the value of it individually, but of the value of it in the fact that he'd have more confidence to do more. You can argue that he needs more game time to develop that confidence and that's fair enough, or you could say that he needs to refocus, redevelop to fit the style we employ and come back into the starting set up when he's got the necessary skills and confidence as deemed so by Les and JFH. Seeing as they're giving him 5 minutes here and there, I'm going to trust what they're doing over what other fans suggest, but that's just me. I don't think you're wrong in wanting him to have more game time, it's just a different view to the one I take.

And you are right, stats don't tell the full story, not once have I ever said that, and I never will say that. But at the same time, your eyes don't tell the full story, and if you think they do, then you must be able to run a million extra detailed algorithms to a normal human being, because some things aren't noticeable to the naked eye and until we accept that, we will never have the full picture of this sport. It doesn't work one way or another, it works right in the middle.

Welcome to the forum, hope you continue to post regularly (although perhaps in a less patronising manner).

Comment

The concern would be do we have a plan for next season? Because the manager has a style of play he sticks with so how many players do we need to make the system a success?
                          I would say first team wise, three. A cb, an attacking playmaker and a striker. If we get rid of players then obviously a few more to replace whoever leaves.

Comment

in responce to the origional topic jimmy floyde is slightly more useless than cris ramsey but both should only manage in the bottom two divisions they are not up to the top two divisions
                            Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                              Welcome, I remember that great pass and if only Chery put it away. Why is he not getting any more game time is a big mystery?

We should play players in their correct positions and play players in form, not down to loyalty.

Thanks for the welcome myu yes totally agree myself too,you can tell cw`s a very good player but that lack of playing him and bedding him ins abit odd tbh,especially now the seasons dead!
                              Sorry nas for appearing abit sarcastic,it was but tongue in cheek really,but you do remind of where i work in the building trade,where theres someone with all the theory skills on paper,but no idea how to do the job given the tools (sarcasm with a hint of joking

Comment

Thanks for the welcome myu yes totally agree myself too,you can tell cw`s a very good player but that lack of playing him and bedding him ins abit odd tbh,especially now the seasons dead!
                                Sorry nas for appearing abit sarcastic,it was but tongue in cheek really,but you do remind of where i work in the building trade,where theres someone with all the theory skills on paper,but no idea how to do the job given the tools (sarcasm with a hint of joking
                                Haha I know those people too mate, engineering degree and all, you'll find people who are just book smart but can't apply and won't consider real life. I always do try to have balance in my arguments here, combining both stats and what I see, as should be done to make sure you cover as much as you can.

Comment

Working...
                                X