No announcement yet.

Is JFH any better than Ramsey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The boy from Burton scored a decent goal against Charlton and assisted with a miss hit cross against Ipswich which Phillips headed in. The last start washington was against a team trying to win the league at their place. Not ideal when you are playing one up top especially when his game is suited to partnering someone.

Comment

And you can dress it up anyway you like but I was sat behind the goal yesterday when Polter headed wide from a yard and a half out!

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
        The boy from Burton scored a decent goal against Charlton and assisted with a miss hit cross against Ipswich which Phillips headed in. The last start washington was against a team trying to win the league at their place. Not ideal when you are playing one up top especially when his game is suited to partnering someone.
        You're actually ridiculous here, calling that a miss hit cross for the goal. That was an absolute peach of a cross and you're really clutching at straws to defend your point. Calling that goal against charlton "decent" is a disrespect to it.

Yea the last start washington had was our last match before Reading. His first start was against Ipswich, did nothing. Then against Bolton (bottom club), did nothing. Sheffield Wednesday, did nothing; MK Bl 00 dy dons; did nothing. Leeds, did nothing. Now, how many of those teams are trying to win the league at their place? The answer is none, and he did nothing.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

And you can dress it up anyway you like but I was sat behind the goal yesterday when Polter headed wide from a yard and a half out!
          I was watching that, wasn't justifying it, was saying that it's still a hilarious miss but the sun didn't make it any easier. Were you sitting behind the goal when he nodded in against Hull? or the other times he scored a goal?
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

No as the Hull Header was at the school end.

Comment

And trust me it was a miss hit cross against Ipswich as the ball flew to the back post in a very straight line!

Comment

And trust me it was a miss hit cross against Ipswich as the ball flew to the back post in a very straight line!
                How are you even calling that miss hit??? Jheez you have some ridiculous standards. Fact is, he's done significantly more in significantly fewer minutes than Conor, that's why he's ahead of him in the pecking order. You show respect to the players who actually get results at the end of the day. So far, Nasser has won us 4 points with his involvements in goals. CW hasn't.

Comment

Not ridiculous exactly what I saw and you know you may think you and your stats are the be all and all but it is really not. You do not rate Washington and that is your opinion which you are entitled and me I would like to see us play to his strengths and then judge. Not come up with your minutes and apperance nonsense.

Comment

Not ridiculous exactly what I saw and you know you may think you and your stats are the be all and all but it is really not. You do not rate Washington and that is your opinion which you are entitled and me I would like to see us play to his strengths and then judge. Not come up with your minutes and apperance nonsense.
                    Again, I'll introduce myself. I'm Nass, been to every home game this season, watched every league game this season at least once on player in full, work part time for EA sports as a data editor and reviewer and use stats in that role and to aid my eyes in what they see. Just take a look at my signature for my opinion. The most complete way to look at things in my opinion is through a combination of what you see and what you don't. Now, I respect your wanting to see conor washington. He could turn out great and I really hope he does. But, he's already been given a chance, and in a system playing to his strength (442 with another striker alongside him). He got 80 minutes alongside Polter against Ipswich and 60 against leeds alongside him. We scored the key goal after he came off in both games. He also got a half alongside Mackie for good measure against Fulham in a 442 and once again, he did nothing. We played to his strengths, he did nothing, so now what?

Comment

You can use that all you like Nas but Fulham.at home can you really use that game and if not mistaken it wasfor the 2nd half when we were 3-0 down! As for what you do that really has no relevance to you, me or anyone else's opinion on here. If we are using this few games to judge Washington then allI can say is thank god we had patience many years ago with a centre forward who was hopeless at first and his name was Les Ferdinand! Not comparing them just saying maybe we should not judge too quickly on brief apperances.

Comment

You can use that all you like Nas but Fulham.at home can you really use that game and if not mistaken it wasfor the 2nd half when we were 3-0 down! As for what you do that really has no relevance to you, me or anyone else's opinion on here. If we are using this few games to judge Washington then allI can say is thank god we had patience many years ago with a centre forward who was hopeless at first and his name was Les Ferdinand! Not comparing them just saying maybe we should not judge too quickly on brief apperances.
                        Certainly we shouldn't write him off and indeed we were down 3 - 0 in that fulham game (didn't stop Chery scoring). However you are acting like he's owed game time just because he hasn't had a chance. He now has to earn his game time like everyone else. Again, I point you to Chery and Nasser, limited game time for a period, both take their chances off the bench and get more game time. It's natural, that's what should happen.

Comment

No mention of owed time from me just a simple case of as we are not spolit in the centre forward department of him having a run in the team. If he is not pulling his weight then that is a different storybut surely with nothing too much to play for now is the time to give him a run to see if he can cut it at this level or we wait until next season and potentially end up with a dud!

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            You act like he hasn't given Washington any game time. He's started 6 games and done sweet FA. He can't just expect to get more chances if he doesn't take the ones he's given.
                            Very harsh.

JFH has never played Washington in a 4-4-2 over 90 mins, which is the system he excelled in with Peterborough. He needs a striking partner to get the best out of him. Until he's been given a run of full games in that system, it's impossible to judge him fairly.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                              Very harsh.

JFH has never played Washington in a 4-4-2 over 90 mins, which is the system he excelled in with Peterborough. He needs a striking partner to get the best out of him. Until he's been given a run of full games in that system, it's impossible to judge him fairly.
                              Stanley, I understand your point, but he's played him in a 442 for 80 minutes in two games, alongside Polter. The system didn't work for us as a squad, which is more important than assessing an individual. Additionally, the individual didn't accomplish anything in that time. The fact that we scored in both cases where he started in a 442 after he was subbed off and we reverted to a 4231 speaks volumes to me. We cannot allow ourselves to be forced to adapt the whole game plan for one player. Perhaps the reason he hasn't been given "significant" game time (I say that with hesitance as I feel he's had plenty of chances) is because JFH and Les are teaching him to play the lone striker. Perhaps they see something in him and getting him into it on the training pitch.

Comment

Plenty of chances? As I said before thank god we had patience back in the day with Les Ferdinand the best centre forward I have seen in the hoops in 37 years!

Comment

Working...
                                X