No announcement yet.

Spine for next season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say RB/LB cover, CB cover, a ball-winning CM and another striker would possibly top the list in the summer.

Comment

Everyone keeps going on about Robinson, anyone seen him play?

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
        Noooo

But from all accounts AFC have a very good young defender that should be well within our reach
        Last edited by dogsrrs; 30-03-2016, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Would also like to see a Hall/Angella combination. Onuoha tends to panic a bit with the ball at his feet and cannot concentrate for 90mins often leading to bad passes or losing his man.

Comment

Two main things are to sign Angella and resign Faurlin

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
              Would also like to see a Hall/Angella combination. Onuoha tends to panic a bit with the ball at his feet and cannot concentrate for 90mins often leading to bad passes or losing his man.
              Onuoha's concentration lets him down for sure at times but my main concern is picturing a defence of Perch, Angella, Hall, Robinson and realising that the only player with decent pace there is Robinson, meaning teams can play past us fairly easily if we're not careful. Onuoha gives us a bit of safety in that sense and his pairing with Hall really brought out the best in the young guy.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Puzzled why anyone would say that team would finish top 4-8. The squad has lost Austin, Fer, Sandro and effectively Green - four accomplished players, whatever the criticisms in some quarters - from the first half of the season and we are bang mid table.

Why would a depleted squad finish so much higher than than the full squad?

And are you factoring in the massive extra resources the relegated three will have - £80m for the bottom club, plus parachute payments?

Its just a comfortable mid-table team that.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                  Puzzled why anyone would say that team would finish top 4-8. The squad has lost Austin, Fer, Sandro and effectively Green - four accomplished players, whatever the criticisms in some quarters - from the first half of the season and we are bang mid table.

And are you factoring in the massive extra resources the relegated three will have - £80m for the bottom club, plus parachute payments?

Mate, Austin was a loss but we've done really well without him IMO, Fer I rate highly but the others seem to be carrying the mantle so far, Sandro limits us going forward and we're already pretty good defensively without him, Green... the less said the better.

For me, there is a lot more fluidity in this 11 than at the beginning of the season. Yea we had a more accomplished and more talented squad but we have a more unified and hard working squad now.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I reckon cos we will finish about tenth using three different managers, so two plus more places above should be a piece of pish with one manager with his own team.
                    Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 31-03-2016, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      I reckon cos we will finish about tenth using three different managers, so two plus more places above should be a piece of pish with one manager with his own team.
                      A good manager at that as well and we know the one thing that gets you up in this league is a solid defensive base. 18 goals conceded in 19, 7 clean sheets, only 5 games where we conceded 2 or more is a very good start, especially considering Konch played a lot of that. Add on the fact that only 3 teams have kept clean sheets against us and you have signs of a manager who knows what's needed on both ends. Let's get him a full squad of players and watch what he can do there. I think play offs are attainable for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                        My view exactly, not sure what people are basing his qualities in.

Those so called accomplished players 1. Didn't want to be here this season and therefore 2. Couldn't give a foooook half the time which meant 3. We was ruddy pony with them.

We've been a hell of a lot better with a team that JFH has pulled together half way through a season, with some tweaks its more than possible that we can push for promotion of some sort next season.

Comment

Seen robinson play lots and how he performed with Huddersfield in the championship the year we was in the prem.

Guess as we was in the Prem a lot of fans obviously didn't focus on the championship that season and what was going on. But he was very highly thought off and he was putting in mom performance most weeks for Huddersfield. Again as said before I think if he comes back the player he was before the injury the fans who don't understand the fuss will when they actually see him play.

I remember when Walker joined us on loan and I saw him play for the first time and new within a few mins he would make the step up to the top level and kind of similar with Hall. Every time I have sen robinson play I have thought the same about him. The one concern is obviously coming back from injury. So I hope he gets a few games at theend of the season and our fans don't put to much pressure on him straight away as its a hell of a injury to recover from and takes time to build up to optimum form and fitness.

Comment

We will be better after off loading all the big hitters close season, then hopefully we can be a little more ambitious with who we bring in. I read all the above comments with interest and we are it would seem on the right lines now. I personally think however we still have mid table about us, bearing in mind that the likely teams coming down are big clubs like Villa, Newcastle and maybe Sunderland, and they will all have the benefit of the new tv money so they will be reinvesting on a major scale. Of course I do not want us to go back to the buy big for the sake of it, it got us nowhere except in deep debt. However I would like to see us get a couple of decent players of premiership quality in, our squad could be very much the better for it but they have to be the right sort. No more Journey men who just want the money. I would love to see us challenge next season and not just settle for mid table so for me it will be all about who does come in. JFH and LF will not waste money, but there will be plenty of released decent players from the prem clubs. I would be interested to see what others on here would like to see come in from the prem if any. I do have a couple in mind but fear being shot down in flames before I name them!!

Comment

Working...
                            X