Spine for next season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spine for next season

What's everyone assesment of the squad as it stands and going into next season. Got ot say I am quite happy with the spine and feel we only need a few tweaks to really push on for push at the top 6. I have put my thoughts of how we might potentially shape up next season with the current players below - Ive gone 4 4 2 but we could easily adapt a 4 2 3 1 formation.

Smithies

new rb angella hall robinson

new rm new cm faurlin/luongo naseer

Polter Washington

or

* just edited as completely forgot about chery.

Smithies

new rb angella hall robinson

faurlin new dm

new rm chery naseer

Polter/washington

Squad players

Ned
    Perch
    Henry

Obviously there's arguments all over the pitch for who should start and formations ect but as things stand with the squad we currently have now, I don't think it looks to bad. I also don't think it's a massive rebuilding job for once. Well not the normal 10 or 11 players we often look to recruit. Looking at my team I would argue 3 good signings would really push us on, potentially 4 if we really went out and signed a top striker.

I have presumed junior and matty will leave and we will need to bring in 2 more wingers for depth. I also think there is a argument to bring in a combative cm in the mold of a lansbury type of player. I also know leaving Ned out is controversial to some but I just prefer the Angella and Hall partnership and I don't know if ned would stay and play rb.

Polter has impressed me and I actually think him and Washington could be a real handful next season. However at least one more proven championship striker is needed imo if not two.

If we can move on fer, sandro, hoilett, traore and matty and release the likes of traore then the club should be in a very good position with some money in the bank.

Sp for me 7 new recruits would do it.

1 x rb
    1 x cb - on top of signing Angella either on loan or as a permanent.
    2 x wingers
    2 x cm
    1 x St

Thoughts on how the above would do and would you start with the players i have put forward or do we need another over haul. Be interesting to see where people think we are.
    Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 30-03-2016, 01:52 PM.

No Chery then Maids are you sure !

Comment

I'm a big fan of Perch. Don't think he ever puts a foot wrong and gets forward loads as well now. And what about Chery?

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
        No Chery then Maids are you sure !
        Can't believe I forgot him mate. Of course he should be integral to the team.

Would have him as a number 10 though and not on the wing personally. Good spot though mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          I'm a big fan of Perch. Don't think he ever puts a foot wrong and gets forward loads as well now. And what about Chery?
          Would you play him RB then kev or you you still on the fence about robison as a lb until he proves he comes back the player he was before getting injured, which is fair enough?

Comment

We're playing well atm but the team still feels in limbo (not in a negative way). Like personally I think people should be dropped and replaced but have no idea who we need to drop and who we need to sign. It's quite tough because our team looks good, just not good enough for promotion.

Like who on earth do we play in CM? Faurlin(?), Luongo, Doughty(?), Henry(?), Gladwin and Chery all have a good shout for next season but don't compliment eachother well enough and even then it feels like we still need to get another midfielder.
            One of the main signings for me would be Angella, he really is something much needed for our back line and I feel as though him and Hall would make a great pairing next season ... But then that leaves Onouha out of position or not at all (assuming we sign a new RB AND Perch competes with our new RB and possibly Robinson next season for their spots). All in all, the team is missing something but I can't put my finger on it haha.

Comment

Honestly, I prefer Ned to Angella, think he brings pace to the back line as we can get caught out with the relatively slow Angella and Hall pairing. For me it would be:

Smithies
              Perch Ned Hall Robinson
              Faurlin Luongo
              Phillips (if he stays) Chery Nasser/Hoilett
              Polter/Washington
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                Honestly, I prefer Ned to Angella, think he brings pace to the back line as we can get caught out with the relatively slow Angella and Hall pairing. For me it would be:

Smithies
                Perch Ned Hall Robinson
                Faurlin Luongo
                Phillips (if he stays) Chery Nasser/Hoilett
                Polter/Washington
                Where do you think that team could finish Nas next season?

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                  Where do you think that team could finish Nas next season?
                  I think Anywhere between 4th and 8th is possible. You have good attacking talent on display and a really really solid defence with a coach who is a master of defence it seems
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    I think Anywhere between 4th and 8th is possible. You have good attacking talent on display and a really really solid defence with a coach who is a master of defence it seems
                    If we kept phillips and hoilett i'd be pretty confident to of finshing top 8 possibly top 6 with that team.

I reckon if JFH had been in charge from the beginning of this season we would be in play off contention now tbh and I wasn't originally a believer in him.

Comment

isnt Angella a loan??

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                        isnt Angella a loan??
                        yes he is mate. Cant see him getting in at Watford so we might be able to negotiate a permanent or possibly another loan deal for him if bigger fish don't come in for him.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                          yes he is mate. Cant see him getting in at Watford so we might be able to negotiate a permanent or possibly another loan deal for him if bigger fish don't come in for him.
                          yea good point. Out of interest, what would you guess would be the fee if we were to sign him?

Comment

I would say our team will be fairly similar to this year. A striker is needed and then probably just be replacing whoever leaves the current squad (so not including Fer and Sandro etc).

Comment

I dont know mate. I believe he signed a 5 year deal with them at the end of last season.

In todays market he could be a few million. I reckon a loan could be the best option for us.

Comment

Working...
                              X